Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamada DVD recorder in Dunnes Stores

Options
  • 30-12-2004 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Just back from the Pavillions in Swords, Co. Dublin. The dunnes stores in there has a stack of Yamada DVD recorders (DVR-8100) for €199 (marked down from 299).

Don't know anything about them, but may be a bargain...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's up for €240 in Dunnes in Blanch :|

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Dunnes selling DVD recorders!
    Do they not make enough selling groceries and clothes any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

230 euro in Dunnes in Drogheda :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

http://gameloaded.co.uk/index.php?mainpage_url=details.php&exset=kelkoodvdplayers&code=6402&redir=1

i got this machine and i can tell you it ROCKS
    also
    im getting a macro hack this week for it
    so you can back up them dvds properly.
    199 in tallaght dunnes
    happy new year everyone on boards.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Can you clarify , Is there a tuner on this unit ???

• Advertisement

www.umax.co.uk/WebNew_UK/Press/PressReleases/ PresseSonstige/PresskitDVR-8100_8200_UK.pdf

just for you sharkman
    yes it does i rate this machine better than my pioneer

seriously that good

it played an xvid for me the other night ..20 euro i wouldnt even give it a 2nd taught just get one

mobile04 30% off unlocking handsets all week can i call that a bargain alert?

lol happy new year.

"im getting a macro hack this week for it
    so you can back up them dvds properly"

Excuse the question but what does this mean
    to a non techie person?

it means normaly when you try copy a dvd say a genuine release like say somthing you rented out or bought in hmv etc etc
    theres a signal in it called mhk divert . or macro it gives the input device ie... the recorder a pulse signal and distorts the vision of the film. ie colour bleeds and sounds goes up and down etc . basicly does not allow you to copy.
    the hack im talking about is a factory code that will allow the user to reset the main master setting in the machine to knock this off. so any vhs player or dvd player you hook up to the recorder
    you will be able to get a perfect copy from.
    also avmedia informed me off boards .
    you can record in american format to a blank dvd now thats clever
    because if you send a movie on vhs or dvd r etc to the states
    they will playback in black and white
    this has a duel system
    pal ie for europe and ntsc for america

hope this helps mate

Well explained mate Tx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

wow dvd recorder for 200 yoyo's. They've really come down. What are they like for recording? I mean when I record a movie it takes about 25/30mins on my pc dvd recorder (Pioneer106). What are they like recording off live Tv? I presume you always use Dvd-RW media?

• Advertisement

Looks like it records in +R or +Rw.

aint got any problems
    ive a pioneer 108 flashed firmware model cant get anything out there better than that pc wise .
    but this yamada rocks its actualy good to my surprise .
    as i said before above i got a pioneer i got in france a year ago 500 + euro and this beats it hands down i use rytek dvd - media
    but if im recording stuff her the enemy ie the wife to watch,
    ill use dvd rw sony
    ohh yeah check this 5 pack 14 euro dixons in large dvd box not spindle..

ive done every test i can think of on this machine and its all good bhoys

now to top of my xmas
    liverpool stuff chelsea tomorrow and im sorted............

I'm not so sure if I'll get this one or not, this is a review from Amazon:

"Poor instructions, very noisey unit, terrible remote design (I mean so bad that trying to find Play was an ordeal), unit very slow (to the point where I thought it had crashed), crashed a lot (both units), had two units neither of which recorded sound, found out there needed to be a firmware update, company didn't answer phone, didn't answer emails, wasted a month on trying to sort it out, got rid of it."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000V6D3M/catchthatbarg-21

well anto i cant talk for any one but myself
    i got one avmedia got one and a mate of mine got one and were happy.
    but i was in the same boat but for 200 euro i would of bought a decent dvd player ir new sony or somthing like that i took a chance and won i guess/

good advice lads, its only 1 review on amazon so it may be inaccurate or the dude may be used to very high quality recorders or whatever

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've been seriously tempted by these all right. Bin the video and move the current Ronin (also from dunnes) up to the bedroom. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Seen in paper today cant remember at moment what place was selling these Dvd recorders but a matsui model for 179euro i think it was dixons or the like.....Are these any good? it says Dvd r+ and Dvdrw+ it plays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Do these record in dvd-r too? I ask that because Dunnes were selling memorex DVD-R along with the recorder.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I seriously doubt that this will play Xvid or DIVX discs did a search on google and did not find one review that said it does.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Amazingly Dunnes in the Pavillions have a few of these left. Was thinking of getting one at the weekend.

Has anyone got one? If so how does it perform? How many scarts does it have? and will it play multi region disks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement