Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahey! Babylon 5 movie planned!

Options
  • 09-12-2004 7:24pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From Dark Horizons:
    Nearly a decade on from its airing, cult sci-fi hit "Babylon 5" is finally getting a big screen film release. Spanning 110 episodes, five made for TV movies and a short-lived "Crusade" spin-off series, "Babylon 5" was one of the more unique shows on television when it aired back in the mid-90's thanks to creator J. Michael Straczynski's planning out of all the show's key events before even starting the pilot.

As a result it was a show that was so rich in its mythology that there were practically no stand-alone episodes, every one contributed in a small or big way to overall story and character arcs. Visions and dreams in the first or second season came true in the third or fourth and much like "Lost" now, the first two years revolved around a mystery which in this case was an ancient race called the Shadows whom eventually everyone went into war with.

Now, Production Weekly reports that Steven Beck will direct the JMS-penned theatrical feature "The Memory of Shadows" starting this April in the UK. In it, the technology left over by the now gone Shadow race has been found and is being used by an unknown force. Earth Intelligence Officer Diane Baker, whose brother was recently killed in a mysterious explosion, is out to uncover the intergalactic conspiracy.

Helping her will be Galen, the "Crusade" character and techno-mage who has been charged with keeping the technology out of others hands. No word yet on whether the likes of Bruce Boxleitner, Mira Furlan Peter Jurasik, Andreas Katsulas, Tracey Scoggins or any of the show's cast members will make cameos.
    This has been a rumour for ages - great to see something come from it! I'll assume it's set post-Crusade and post-Legend of the Rangers.

Looking forward to hearing more details. Yay! This is good news as I'm watching the series currently on DVD.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ick.. crusade was dirt. pure dirt, hated galen.

i hope this movie rocks as much as b5 did

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Still, as bad as Crusade was, Galen was probably its best feature, imho.

Read about this on empire this morning. I really hope that they do it properly as it has the potential to be brilliant.
    From what Ive read it seems that they could have a rebel faction on Earth use the Shadow weapons to wage war on the galaxy or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Cool news. I'm currently re-watching B5 on DVD too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

hopefully it will have nothing to do with the acid induced muck involved in "legend of the rangers" attrocity

oh please let it rock!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

madrab wrote:
    hopefully it will have nothing to do with the acid induced muck involved in "legend of the rangers" attrocity

oh please let it rock!!!!

Jesus christ legend of the rangers was awful the part where the girl was using the weapon systems where so horrible i had to turn it over wose thing iv ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

meh...its time has passed...let it die with dignity and leave us the fond memories....

Advertisement