Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo patch

Options
  • 08-12-2004 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Im a big Pro Evo fan, play it on PS2 and was reading the other thread bout whether pro evo is worth buying. Someone mentioned patching their playstation. What's involved in this? Wanna get all the proper kits, etc

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misdog

OK,

The requirements:

Hardware
    -PS2 with Modchip or Slidedisk/card combo (I got a slide disk purely for patched Pro Evo 3)
    -PC DVD burner and a blank DVD
    -Good net access for downloading patches (approx 200Mb in size, cant recall exactly)
    -Xport (optional)

Software
    -DVD decrypter (free), PPFOmatic (free), Nero of similar, Winrar (depending on patch)

Basic steps:
    -Download tools, patch and option file (option file is, well optional) and extract
    -Use DVD Decrypter to pull an image of your original Pro Evo 4 disk. Very easy.
    -Apply the downloaded patch(s) to the game image using PPFOMATIC. Again very easy.
    -Leaves you with a cue/bin file which can be opened in Nero or equivelant.
    -Burn the image on a blank DVD
    -Pop the burnt disk into your mod/slidedisk ps2 and load

Some patches work best with an option file. I use an xport (no longer available but a wireless version is) to transfer my downloaded option files to my ps2.

The patched image I use gives me new game menus, music, chants, kits, flags, balls, boots, fans, advertising boards (a la champions league), new stadiums, refs. The Ireland fans even have "come on you boys in green" on their banners and some sh1te about Cork (sorry, it slipped). Its the Ireland kit from the last campaign and looks great. Some patches also include updated player names, squads etc no there is no need for an option file.

The detail is incredible, the people who put these patches together have put a lot of effort into them. I cannot imagine playing this great game with default graphics. It brings the whole game to life - listening to the chants when playing in the San Siro is hilarious, and bizarrely accurate. While it looks like a different game, the gameplay has not been touched.

www.pesinsight.com
    www.evo-web.co.uk

You'll need to register but all the info is available in detail on their forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

thanks for that misdog,

sounds a bit technical for me but I'll get one of my friends to have a go at it.

Again, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

You don't really need to do all that if all you want are the new kits and the proper transfers. If you get yourself a Max Drive(Availible at play.com for roughly 12 pound sterling) you can download the option file from PES Insight. You will need to download the file to your max drive and then uncrush it to your memory card from your max drive. The patch was created by members of the PES Insight Board and it is excellent. Really well done.

It's probably a good Idea to use a blank Memory Card cause if you don't do it right it could erase all the stuff off your card. Just read the instructions carefully and you will be sound.

Her is the link. File is attached at the bottom of the first post. You may have to register to download it to the Max Drive

http://forum.pesinsight.com/showthread.php?t=17136

Advertisement