Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free national geographic desk calendar & mag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thanks I will put a link to this in the freebies thread
    thanks thund3rbird_

gonker

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Cool, I shall join. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for that. I've joined and submitted the survey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I love free stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

ye the best part is ye dont have to pay

I have to say that I've bought the mag myself a few times and there's always been loads of interesting stuff in it!

Wouldn't really watch the TV channel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Great magazine, etc, but give these guys your details once and you are doomed forever. National Geographic and Time magazine must be the most active mail spammers around. Don't say you haven't been warned!

Genghis wrote:
    Great magazine, etc, but give these guys your details once and you are doomed forever. National Geographic and Time magazine must be the most active mail spammers around. Don't say you haven't been warned!

I fell for that once before and never again - I've set up a hotmail account for crap like this. I filled out loads of competitions and forms for free stuff from the 'freebies list' thread, check if out if you havent already.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭nome

how do you get to the survey? can't find it with through the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

You need to register.
    Once you register you'll be emailled a password.
    Login with the username and password, you'll be redirected to the questionnaire page.
    Fill out questionnaire, you'll be sent a calendar :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Genghis wrote:

Absolutely I must be getting a letter nearly every 2-3 weeks trying to get me to renew my subscription. Hard to believe from such a reputable magazine. Still I'll sign up for the freebies.

oneweb wrote:
    You need to register.
    Once you register you'll be emailled a password.
    Login with the username and password, you'll be redirected to the questionnaire page.
    Fill out questionnaire, you'll be sent a calendar :)

I wasn't redirected to that page when i logged in and i can't find the link to it?

comet wrote:
    I wasn't redirected to that page when i logged in and i can't find the link to it?

Click on the second link above, enter your login details and that will bring you to the survey.

Thanks, got it

When you give them your address won't that open you up to loads of junk mail in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Just got my calendar this morning :)

It is what it's.

I got mine last Friday :D

Its full of useful facts like:

"More people are killed annually by donkeys and mules than in air crashes."

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Genghis wrote:

Don't forget Reader's Digest.

I've been getting assorted junk mail from this lot for nearly 15 years (I once had a sub with NG).

In the last few months it stopped. I never thought anything about it until my wife started getting junk mail.

So that's their game now is it? Cross-referencing my address to see who else lives in the house. Like this kind of tactic will make me change my mind

Advertisement