Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown IBT

Options
  • 25-01-2021 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Basically I've been trying to get the IBT completed since October but it just keeps getting pushed back again and again due to the lockdown. Would any of you guys know if it's possible to find somewhere to get it done at this point in time? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Arae123 wrote: »
    Basically I've been trying to get the IBT completed since October but it just keeps getting pushed back again and again due to the lockdown. Would any of you guys know if it's possible to find somewhere to get it done at this point in time? Thanks.

Not at the minute. IBT arent allowed run in this current set of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Not at the minute. IBT arent allowed run in this current set of restrictions.

This, the rsa aren't processing them at the min either so the instructor would be under a microscope for sending one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

my local IBT instructor is working at the moment. whether he is sending off the certs or not i dont know but he drove passed me over the weekend while following a L plate (the bike i done my IBT on).

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

Nozebleed wrote: »
    my local IBT instructor is working at the moment. whether he is sending off the certs or not i dont know but he drove passed me over the weekend while following a L plate (the bike i done my IBT on).

He could also have been giving a pre-test lesson, can't be certain it was IBT you witnessed. Not sure where he stands on insurance though if he's not permitted to be operating under level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Might be allowed pre-test an essential worker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

garlad wrote: »
    Might be allowed pre-test an essential worker?

Not sure if I saw it on here or elsewhere but seemingly pretests are OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

zubair wrote: »
    Not sure if I saw it on here or elsewhere but seemingly pretests are OK.

That's correct, pre tests are allowed for essential workers as thats the only category supposed to be getting tested at the minute. Did my own the other day and they do specifically ask if you are an essential worker, as well as a barage of RSA texts in the run up to it advising to cancel if you're not an essential worker. They do stop short of asking for proof though, dont think they have the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

Good to know re the pre-test lessons/tests for essential workers. Was leaving it off as I thought the whole thing was on hold. Still be waiting until lockdown 27 to get a test date though......

Advertisement