Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting that itch again....

Options
  • 26-08-2019 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭

you know, the one that can only be scratched by a bike.

I was knocked off busa in feb 2018, it was written off, and i have been off a bike since then. NCB expires in october 2020, so shouldnt have too much hassle insuring something.

I was thinking big muscle bikes, as i like em. No weather protection tho.

Anyone got any experience of the gsx1400, xjr1300, cb1300 big one etc?

Thanks,
    Lenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭H_Lime

lennymc wrote: »
    you know, the one that can only be scratched by a bike.

I was knocked off busa in feb 2018, it was written off, and i have been off a bike since then. NCB expires in october 2020, so shouldnt have too much hassle insuring something.

I was thinking big muscle bikes, as i like em. No weather protection tho.

Anyone got any experience of the gsx1400, xjr1300, cb1300 big one etc?

Thanks,
    Lenny
    Soz to hear about the smash Lenny, how did you fare? Brutal handling balls of ****e eitther way them lol.
    Here be my picks
    cb.png
    Smart moneys on this, tis a lovely smug bastard of a bike.

zxr12.jpg
    I simply do not do kwakers but these make me want to. Big butch bastard of a bike.

gs-1.jpg
    I would sell a kidney for one and then the other one for a set of fcr's and a handbent sato ti system and rwu ohlins and...

12c82e63-b7c5-4497-a921-458b23db1e76.jpg
    Ok, dangerous waters a touch, eytalian n all...but look at it!

Aprilia-Falco.jpg
    Would ya look at that!! Ever remember anyone owning wan o doze!?:) An owner with great hair like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

MT10 is quite an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

H_Lime wrote: »
    Soz to hear about the smash Lenny, how did you fare? Brutal handling balls of ****e eitther way them lol.

i was fine thankfully, filtering up a line of stationary traffic at about 10 mph, someone decided they needed to do a u-turn. I bailed off the bike and was fine. unfortunately the bike wasn't - all panels wrecked, exhausts, front wheel, and some other bits. Financial write off.

Thanks for the list - some that I havent considered on there.
    Aprilia-Falco.jpg
    Would ya look at that!! Ever remember anyone owning wan o doze!?:) An owner with great hair like!

I did know someone with a falco (he was bald) and he really rated it. Dunno could i do it tho.

zubair wrote: »
    MT10 is quite an animal.

yes it is, unfortunately it is out of budget :(

i was fine thankfully, filtering up a line of stationary traffic at about 10 mph, someone decided they needed to do a u-turn. I bailed off the bike and was fine. unfortunately the bike wasn't - all panels wrecked, exhausts, front wheel, and some other bits. Financial write off.

Thanks for the list - some that I havent considered on there.

I did know someone with a falco (he was bald) and he really rated it. Dunno could i do it tho.

Bummer on the smash Lenny, dozy feckers in cars sometimes need a kick.
    Surprised you didnt fling the busa engine into a a wee fiat or something!

Falco is sweet imo, they are more than the sum of their parts, always looking for another.
    As to my hair doo i prefer being labelled folically challenged and yep tis me, good to "see" ya again Lenny. Give a shout if yer ever down my way man.

• Advertisement

Bummer on the smash Lenny, dozy feckers in cars sometimes need a kick.
    Surprised you didnt fling the busa engine into a a wee fiat or something!

Falco is sweet imo, they are more than the sum of their parts, always looking for another.
    As to my hair doo i prefer being labelled folically challenged and yep tis me, good to "see" ya again Lenny. Give a shout if yer ever down my way man.

i was down that way a couple of weeks ago doing my nursey voice. Oh how we laughed. good to hear from you again. what are you on now yourself?

i was down that way a couple of weeks ago doing my nursey voice. Oh how we laughed. good to hear from you again. what are you on now yourself?
    Ya wanna hear my put on Doctors voice, comes in handy!
    Bikes are like ourselves dude, old;), principally a carbed blackbird and first gen caponord. Theres a brace of old suzis in the shape of a dr big and gs thou and perhaps parts to make another lol.
    Much like kobe beef cattle they've been massaged with oils, fed beer and tend to laze around the garage yawning. Actually the bb stretched her legs showing off to a crazy fast 19D porsche of some kind on the way home from work friday. She can still dance!

Tbh Lenny if I had the spondoolicks for something newish I'd get that tall rounder beemer the XR thousand yoke. The concept of a 150 horse sportsbike on stilts is pretty appealing. Question is are they reliable....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Do yourself a favour and buy a falco Lenny :D

I know where there's a few in the UK if you were willing to go that route!;)

i dunno could i live with a falco. everytime I would ride it, i would remember how i used to leave h_lime behind on my trusty triple 595 daytona!

I think i know where this is going tho, ill end up looking for something completely different to the GSXR I will invariably end up with.

Apart from mcn, where would people look to if they were buying from the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^^
    Sounds like fighting talk!
    You going to let him get away with that h lime?:D

Where to look in UK?
    Owners group on Facebook.

The only use I have for Facebook.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Sounds like fighting talk!
    You going to let him get away with that h lime?:D

he has to catch me first, so based on previous form, I'm quite safe.

he has to catch me first, so based on previous form, I'm quite safe.
    Ahhh i see the sands of time have clouded your recollection of the order that machines arrived in hollywood lol! Of our usual bunch of reprobates I always had R and J ahead of me. After much chat we would hear the ungodly mechanical caphacony that was the t595:)
    I will state for clarity this was pre track experienced fast Lenny;)
    These days i probably wouldn't keep up with you on your bicycle on my motorcycle.

Advertisement