Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Bridging loan

• 19-11-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Do banks still do this? I have already drawn down my mortgage but there is an issue is there is a delay with house i am selling and they haven't drawn down yet. The closing date keeps changing and i am getting worried. I thought maybe i could check with my mortgage provider if they offer bridging loans to make up the shortfall. It would be about 60k.

Of course then if sale of my house didn't go through, it would be straight on the market again. I am just thinking worst case scenario. They have a clause too that contract is dependant on mortgage funding so i guess buyer keeps their deposit.

I've never felt so stressed as this ever :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Baybay

Sorry to hear you’re so stressed. Buying & selling seems always to be so.
    Unfortunately I don’t believe banks still offer bridging loans.
    Might be worth speaking to them anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ok thanks anyway. Never again will i try sell and buy at same time. I will sell and then rent while looking for new place. The amount of fees already spent is crazy though. I guess maybe the buyer is in same situation regards that though. Hopefully it will all still go through ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murt101

No, we were recently in same position and bridging loan is a dirty term! We were eventually able to get agreement from vendors which meant they didn't look for the full deposit...bit this was after the stress of trying to raise the funds elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

You can get a bridging loan, but unfortunately it is a loan like any other nowadays and you will be assessed on your ability to pay it back should your house not sell. This is were most people wont get approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,799 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm listening for the last 25 years that banks don't do bridging loans and its nonsense. I have had a few over the years. They won't throw them at you. You need to qualify & be approved for one. Contact your lender for advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm listening for the last 25 years that banks don't do bridging loans and its nonsense. I have had a few over the years. They won't throw them at you. You need to qualify & be approved for one. Contact your lender for advice

Congratulations you obviously met the criteria, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Advertisement