Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen car - please help!

Options
  • 17-07-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

So our family car was stolen on Saturday night in Finglas. I know a lot of people use this site and I'm hoping against hope that we might be able to find it with some help. It's an old car but we really need it and can't afford another one. The car is a white Mitsubshi 7 seater Space wagon, license plate is 97D28062. It was stolen from the Charlestown shopping centre car park on Saturday 15th July most probably some time after 8pm. The back window has a dogs trust sticker on the left side.

If any one has seen it or can get the word out/keep their eyes open that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

being honest that wasn't stolen for parts or export or to be used in a raid. I would start looking round local fields / parks as its more than likely burned out for fun. Sorry for your loss but claiming on the insurance may be the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Surely would be best not to claim given the value

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MelBri

being honest that wasn't stolen for parts or export or to be used in a raid. I would start looking round local fields / parks as its more than likely burned out for fun. Sorry for your loss but claiming on the insurance may be the only way to go.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing and will be doing that but want to try everything I can

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Surely would be best not to claim given the value

I had no idea the value was so low, heres one thats far newer with new nct and some tax for 550 quid op. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-mitsubishi-space-star-price-dropped-to-sell/15659846

Don't even bother claiming insurance for the old one, the excess exceeds the value of it.

I had no idea the value was so low, heres one thats far newer with new nct and some tax for 550 quid op. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-mitsubishi-space-star-price-dropped-to-sell/15659846

Don't even bother claiming insurance for the old one, the excess exceeds the value of it.

Yeah I'm away of the low value, the insurance wouldn't be any good, that's why getting it back would be the best option as we can't afford another one even at 550euro

• Advertisement

If 10 others agree, I'll give you €50.00 in paypal and you can buy the replacement car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

MelBri wrote: »
    Yeah I'm away of the low value, the insurance wouldn't be any good, that's why getting it back would be the best option as we can't afford another one even at 550euro

Keep away from claiming on the insurance, mad to have to give that advice considering this is what insurance is for! But your only going to get short term gain for long term punishment from the insurance crowd.

Short term, maybe hire a car till you can figure it out or there's other options like go car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭orm0nd

If 10 others agree, I'll give you €50.00 in paypal and you can buy the replacement car

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

A theft/fire claim shouldnt affect ncb though, it didnt on me anyway. You should definitely claim if it does not affect it!

orm0nd wrote: »
    count me in

That's incredibly, incredibly generous of you and I can't tell you just how much I appreciate that when I'm stuck in this horrible position

• Advertisement

Thank you so so much for that incredible offer, it makes me feel like there are still good people even after something so horrible happened. I appreciate it so much, I can't even tell you

Cheensbo wrote: »
    A theft/fire claim shouldnt affect ncb though, it didnt on me anyway. You should definitely claim if it does not affect it!

I will check that out for sure but I'm not hopeful

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Count me in aswell

antodeco wrote: »
    Count me in aswell

Honestly thank you so much, I can believe how generous you guys are! It really really means a lot

What if, by thanking THIS post you are committing. Easy then to count the 10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Same, ill donate €50.

Same, ill donate €50.

Thank you so much for being such a generous person, It means so so much!

OSI wrote: »
    Note: It has been agreed among mods and admins that we are OK for this thread to continue and for users to offer what help they are happy to provide. However, it must be noted that neither Boards.ie or it's mods/admins bear any responsibility for any funds raised or how they are administered.

Thank you for that, I appreciate it

How many are in?

MelBri wrote: »
    I will check that out for sure but I'm not hopeful

Howd you go checking this out? Im my experience you will have no effect on your ncb should you claim for fire/theft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Howd you go checking this out? Im my experience you will have no effect on your ncb should you claim for fire/theft

Won't affect NCB, will affect premium.

Effects wrote: »
    Won't affect NCB, will affect premium.

Didnt affect my own tbh, but my experience may not be the same as anyone elses..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Ill split a donation and do 25 if someone wants to do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Didnt affect my own tbh, but my experience may not be the same as anyone elses..

It might not result in a higher renewal but it will have to be declared for every new policy applied for in the next 5 years. Even windscreen claims are routinely asked for now. Expect to be quoted higher or refused due to this claim on record, not worth it for €500 imo.

Yeah, found out about it and its no good. The value of the car is too low for it to be worthwhile unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

km991148 wrote: »

I'll match you.

How many are in?

I think it's up to 6 and a very generous offer to split donation with someone from km991148

Thank you guys all so much1

IrishZeus wrote: »
    I'll match you.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it so much!!

km991148 wrote: »

Thank you for the offer! It's so nice of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

I am in €50
    PM me the details when target achieved.

Advertisement