Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options
  • 13-07-2017 10:50pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match
    The last thread was nearing the 10k post limit so here's part 4.

The same rules as the last thread apply here. People seem to have strong opinions either way when it comes to McGregor and threads here tend to get a bit heated from time to time. Please keep it civil and discuss all things Conor in a mature way.

Any name-calling, trolling, baiting, or being a general ass-hat will earn you a ban from the thread and possibly the forum.
    If you have an issue with a post, please use the report post function.

Any off topic posts will be deleted.
    Any "Do you even train Bro?" or "I'm an mma fan longer than you" type posts are not permitted either. They only make you look like a fool and as a result, everyone hates you. Yes everyone.

**Upate with Mayweather vs McGregor announced**

Lads consider this the one and only warning - big fight with a lot of hype around it. It brings new fans to the forum as well as the regulars so try and get along. Any trolling or nonsense and people will find themselves on a break from the forum and that applies to everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

What time is conor fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Well im up early tomoro but im kidding myself saying i wont stay up for this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Will be interesting to see what material they come up with for tonight Roast, might be a duller affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

I'm not f**king leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

41266d1344416588ddf6e6897e81a050--ted-quotes-father-ted.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can they keep this in any way entertaining for four straight nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mark my words

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Mark my words

They aren't even good odds.

This fight is the only time i'll ever have done a 3 figure bet, the value on Mayweather is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

This is the first boxing match in Floyd's career where he knows his opponent would rip his head off in an unarmed fight.

It might count for nothing in a boxing ring but bear it in mind as the week unfolds because I expect Conor to ramp up that angle of attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Can they keep this in any way entertaining for four straight nights?

I think they can. The crowds tonight kinda but especially Friday will be predominantly Irish and in full voice. That alone will keep the entertainment aspect up I think, even if its in a panto boo hiss way.

I think there's a few intriguing points from last night that may come up. Will Floyd have a "new" contract stating Conor bets his purse and what will his response be? Will Conor's attack on Showtime continue? Will a slap get thrown in the face offs? Can Leonard Ellerbe stop smiling? These are the things that's got my interest piqued anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im up at 6am but I cant miss this. Hope it doesnt drag on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ellerbes smile is the most entertaining thing. I've never seen so much joy in my whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I think they can. The crowds tonight kinda but especially Friday will be predominantly Irish and in full voice. That alone will keep the entertainment aspect up I think, even if its in a panto boo hiss way.

I think there's a few intriguing points from last night that may come up. Will Floyd have a "new" contract stating Conor bets his purse and what will his response be? Will Conor's attack on Showtime continue? Will a slap get thrown in the face offs? Can Leonard Ellerbe stop smiling? These are the things that's got my interest piqued anyway.

Now that he's had time to think about it, he has probably realised that he can get 6 to 1 from the bookies. No need to take even money from Floyd.

Edit: 5 to 1, if he shops around. I see the odds are dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

This is the first boxing match in Floyd's career where he knows his opponent would rip his head off in an unarmed fight.

It might count for nothing in a boxing ring but bear it in mind as the week unfolds because I expect Conor to ramp up that angle of attack.

I still don't get this angle. It is a boxing match, end of. Why do comparisons have to be restricted to "unarmed" fights? Why not compare how they might get in with samurai swords? Or bazookas?

McGregor's more rounded skillset in terms of fighting disciplines means nothing, either during the tour or when they meet in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

How long before Mayweather whips out the purse betting contract?

Showtime's stream wasn't working for me......... this one is.

Showtime's stream wasn't working for me......... this one did.

Haha the siver fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Press conference is cancelled apparently?

I still don't get this angle. It is a boxing match, end of. Why do comparisons have to be restricted to "unarmed" fights? Why not compare how they might get in with samurai swords? Or bazookas?

McGregor's more rounded skillset in terms of fighting disciplines means nothing, either during the tour or when they meet in the ring.

I meant almost *purely* in terms of the usual alpha-male stuff that we always see in these sort of press conferences.

Floyd the other night said to Conor "We can do it right here?" and if it was any other normal boxer he'd probably be right, he'd win wherever they fought under any rules or no rules.

Instead Conor laughed at him because he'd tear his head off if they were to get into a scrap up there on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Bit of a delay here, hope Stephen Espinosa brings his A game tonight.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Bit of a delay here, hope Stephen Espinosa brings his A game tonight.

I was getting worried for him when he was being booed reading his speech. His hands were shaking and his breathing looked to be going funny.

He needs to relax if he's going to be up there again giving a speech. A xanax or valium might not be a bad shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

I was getting worried for him when he was being booed reading his speech. His hands were shaking and his breathing looked to be going funny.

He needs to relax if he's going to be up there again giving a speech. A xanax or valium might not be a bad shout.

Stephen can generate heat better than Seargent Slaughter in his prime. :pac:

Poor fella wasn't used to 15,000 booing him at the top of their voices. Funny though.

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha the siver fight

McGregor looked ten years older drinking that Midleton at that post fight presser than he does now :P

Ha! Dana is wearing a different colour Zuffa Boxing t-shirt :)

Dana says:

(asked was Floyd afraid of going to Ireland and should it have been final stop)

"Yeah. Floyd wasn't keen on even going to London I really had to push hard for that too."

Added that the lack of UFC logos on posters is "all ego bullsh1t I don't care about".

Also added:

"I'm too old for this sh1t (if Team McGregor and TMT get into an on-stage brawl)"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wish people would stop going on and on about if this was a "real fight" Conor would kill him, its a ****ing boxing match get over it!

xtal191 wrote: »
    Wish people would stop going on and on about if this was a "real fight" Conor would kill him, its a ****ing boxing match get over it!

Yeah, but.

Stephen Espinoza not a happy camper. Accusing Conor of a lack of professionalism and doesn't condone his bad language.

Umm... anyway moving on...

Says:

"All Access premieres July 28th, Conor involved (in all episodes)"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Any decent twitter links to pass the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bollox lads

Woops, beaten to it by Outlaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement