Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum meet up Mid May

Options
  • 11-03-2017 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone.

I'm going to organise a forum meet up in Mid May if anyone is interested. Let me know if you are interested.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

I'd love to go to another one, although I won't be around the last week (28th of May). Between being sick and having no funds I had to pull out of the last one that Ash885 organised which I was a bit annoyed at myself for.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rob G

Would it be open to straight parents of LGBT weans?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rob G wrote: »
    Would it be open to straight parents of LGBT weans?

You contribute (valuably) to the forum and back in the day when I attended we had various random non-LGBT allies turn up so I'd see no reason not to go if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭RagsOBrien

I'm interested a well in a May meetup- I'm female but guessing all welcome?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Absolutely Rags!

I'm up for it too, date and schedules permitting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I really should add my encouragement to this too :)

I think most weekends in May should be good for me. Would like to meet a few of the lovely heads here after been on the forum for a good while now. We may even have some nice, hot weather by then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

RagsOBrien wrote: »
    I think most weekends in May should be good for me. Would like to meet a few of the lovely heads here after been on the forum for a good while now. We may even have some nice, hot weather by then!

Hmmm... I think we have aleady had our allotted two days of sun for one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

I'd love to!

Where do the meetups happen nowadays? True- we have had the two days of sun so I don't hold out much hope of a nice beer garden pint in the sun::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What about Saturday May 20th?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Good for me, question though, are you guys thinking like the George or somewhere like that? Haven't been in years and I'd rather it stay that way lol

nkav86 wrote: »
    Good for me, question though, are you guys thinking like the George or somewhere like that? Haven't been in years and I'd rather it stay that way lol

Probably not but I'm open minded really

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

might go
    will be my first boards meet up
    nervous

Wherever would be fine, not gonna rock the boat!

I'm the same, not great with strangers at all, but I'm trying to challenge myself once in a while! I'm sure we're not alone

We're all lovely, I promise. :D

Think that date should suit me. Do the crowd usually head to the George or FL?

Turns out I now cant make the 20th. I'm dubious about the 27th too.

Does someone else want to organise it for the 20th or 27th? It can be anyone from the forum even complete newbies. Upto last year these were held regularly enough in JW Sweetmans (formerly messers maguire) and then people could head wherever they wanted. Sweetmans is grand as a location but I did find the music too loud the last time.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Almond87

I had two attempts to organize a meetup last year (already having in mind the "template" of the one I attended last year in April or May, which was great fun, even though there were only four of us) but for some reason I didn't get any replies at all. I most probably won't be going this time.

Enjoy, it is good fun!

I'm happy to coordinate it (I think I'm free). Where would people fancy?

• Advertisement

I'm happy to coordinate it (I think I'm free). Where would people fancy?

Hmmm....this is tough because Dublin is spoiled for choice with watering holes.

If people normally meet at Sweetmans, that could be a good option?

There's also Cassidy's of Westmoreland Street or the Porterhouse off Grafton Street? I would say reserving a table might be a good idea for those on a Saturday though.

I should be happy if people just tell me the date, time and place. That's a good start...

Unless it gets in the way of cycling. Nobody wants to see sweaty me in lycra.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I should be happy if people just tell me the date, time and place. That's a good start...

Unless it gets in the way of cycling. Nobody wants to see sweaty me in lycra.

Well we haven't discussed the obvious dress code/theme yet :pac:

Sweetmans is grand but a bit of a maze.

Ash885 wrote: »
    Well we haven't discussed the obvious dress code/theme yet :pac:

Sweetmans is grand but a bit of a maze.

You could do burlesque as a dress theme :pac:

Oh: oh you're doing lycra!!

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheYoungWan

I'd love to go, been reading posts from this forum this long time!

I was about to suggest the 13th or the 20th but tbh the 13th is Eurovision, so maybe no? :pac::pac::pac:

How does the 20th sound to folks? Starting at 8pm?

I personally am not a fan of Sweetmans for stuff like this as it's a bit of a warren to find people. I don't want anyone stressed about meeting up with us. Don't want to loose anyone in the madness of all the snugs.

How about Workmans? If we meet at say 8pm it won't be too packed and it's an easy hop to either the Front Lounge (or whatever it is now) or Panti if folks want to move on later in the evening.

I will freely admit though I'm out of the loop for pubs in Dublin, I usually only go to cocktail places these days and I know that's a bit niche for most folks! So I'm open to suggestions on location.

Ooh cocktails. VCC could be good, if a bit fancy.

I've actually never been to VCC, but I do like Liquor Rooms. It's pricey though.

And there's NOTHING wrong with fancy. At all.

How many would know where VCC is, let alone the secret knock required to get in to the place? ;)

• Advertisement

VCC is really cool- if a bit niche. I like it but it might be to everyone's tastes although you never know.:pac:

20th should suit me as I have something on the night of the 13th.

Advertisement