Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Million dollar trader.

Options
  • 09-03-2017 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

So starting with 1k. I plan to buy or sell oil and make 3k.

Then buy or sell oil to make 9k

Then buy or sell oil to make 27k

Then buy or sell oil to make 83k

Finally buy and sell oil to make 243k

I will do this with an app on my phone and with patience.

I will then purchase an apartment and rent it out and be a rich landlord.

Easy 5 step plan to wealth.

What's is or was yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Sell oil to people who are on sure fire get rich quick schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I'm going to buy and sell tulips.

Buy 1k worth of tulips. With the tulip app.
    Sell at 1M

Buy and rent out 5 appartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Put €1k on green 00 on the roulette table at odds of 35/1 and then let the lot ride on green 00 on the next spin.

Quick, easy, painless and more of a chance of happening than trading oil on an app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Buy a hand-held asteroid/meteorite type detector yoke. Head up to them mountains and collect a few dozen.

Many have called them the “truest form of black gold,” and they often sell for $300.00 per gram or more - meaning a 1 pound meteorite can be worth a million dollars.

Rent out 6 apartments to people that suffer from OCD cleaning traits, so that they're always kept spick and span.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

All the LOL's.

Love the being patient part. Of course, no downside there with your leverage.

Why would you not just treble you 243k position for instant GAINZ as opposed to buy an apartment? Default Irish setting there.

How does owning a 243k apartment an living off rental income less tax equate to a million dollar trade? Shirley you would use it as leverage to buy LOADZA gaffs and channel Harry Enfield to have LOADZA MONEY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

What's so funny?

As far as I'm concerned the trading floor is for making money and I plan on doing that by executing 5 well timed trades.

Now I'm going to save 200euro a month from my pay cheque so in 5 months I'll have the 1k to begin with. In the mean time I will plan..... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

5 trades?? How are you going to buy oil and sell it at 3 times the price :confused:

Nevermind doing this 5 times in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This is basic Compound Trading, it's how all the big dicks make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Solid DD

• Advertisement

I buy the odd lotto quick pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I've 100kg of pure Colombian on the way in next week....tax free cash profits yo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Eircom shares anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Eircom shares anyone?

AIB is the new Eircom

Buy a tonne of N stamps for 70c so when An Post increase price to 1€ you can sell em for loadsa money.
    Get them before Warren Buffet cashes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Buy a tonne of N stamps for 70c so when An Post increase price to 1€ you can sell em for loadsa money.
    Get them before Warren Buffet cashes in.

raises an interesting question.
    will 72c stamps still be valid or will they require another stamp to makeup the difference?

raises an interesting question.
    will 72c stamps still be valid or will they require another stamp to makeup the difference?

Yup once they raise the price, the 72c ones will need to be added to.
    Hence N stamps for the gold rush.

So while I'm saving my pay cheques. I've been practicing trading oil with demo money. My first trade was all in 1k and I profited 3.6k I'm now up 6k since last week. Is that good?

I should add. I've done this with 8 trades. Max trade each time was 1k. Of the trades. 5 were profit and 3 were loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Its demo good. I've seen guys making 5 figures in a day demo trading. Never replicated it live.

If you're not taking the p!ss, you are displaying a very poor understanding of margin and the risk involved. Nevermind displaying no knowledge of the oil market. That always ends badly.

I only ever bother replying to these type of threads so others don't get sucked in to the BS.

ixus wrote: »
    Its demo good. I've seen guys making 5 figures in a day demo trading. Never replicated it live.

If you're not taking the p!ss, you are displaying a very poor understanding of margin and the risk involved. Nevermind displaying no knowledge of the oil market. That always ends badly.

I only ever bother replying to these type of threads so others don't get sucked in to the BS.

Why am I displaying no knowledge of oil? There was a surprise shortfall in supply today vs surplus in supply last week despite the opec cutting which drove prices down so I bet on it rising today and it did...what else is there to know?

Risk margin. Yeah. I'm in it for risk only. I'm all in with my 1k and if I lose it so what I start again. Simple.

I'm trying to think of money as a number only and desensitise myself to 1k being a lot. There should be no difference in my placing a 100 euro trade or 5000 euro trade. It's just a number.

• Advertisement

Made another 850 overnight on gold. I'm liking this trading malarkey.

Have a stop loss on it now so if it drops to 700 profit it closes. Gonna let this one ride if I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Have a stop loss on it now so if it drops to 700 profit it closes. Gonna let this one ride if I can :)

Yeah fake money is great like that. No risk whatsoever.

It should be viewed as just a number but people a lot more experienced than you have had trouble with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

Three years ago I bought software called ForexTester. Couple of months later I came up with amazing strategy that should make at least 1000% a year.
    5K real account with LMAX and quick math told me that in two years I should have at least half of a million :)
    Twelve months later I had -3% :) And it's not bad result for a real account with such expectations :)

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Yeah fake money is great like that. No risk whatsoever.

It should be viewed as just a number but people a lot more experienced than you have had trouble with this.

Exactly I'm well aware of this. It's a zen like state one must achieve and be at peace with the floor.

So I believe phase 1 of the 5 step plan to being a demo fat cat in poorly fitted trousers is complete. When I trade next it will be with 3k instead of 1k.

Three years ago I bought software called ForexTester. Couple of months later I came up with amazing strategy that should make at least 1000% a year.
    5K real account with LMAX and quick math told me that in two years I should have at least half of a million :)
    Twelve months later I had -3% :) And it's not bad result for a real account with such expectations :)

What went wrong? What lesson was learned? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

He didnt write the ebook and start selling it quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

You've Lost discipline already. Unless you have updated your trade plan to include gold as well as oil.

You've Lost discipline already. Unless you have updated your trade plan to include gold as well as oil.

Haha too true mate too true :(

But cease the day when opportunity arises!?

But fundamentally you're 90% right I should focus on my black gold

Advertisement