Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvard photography course now online for free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

The course is free..?

But, do you have to pay for the cert at the end of it.! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

If it's the usual Alison system, you can download a simple A4 pdf cert that confirms you've completed the course. You can pay for a "parchment" upgrade if you want something that looks official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Got an email today saying the course was being withdrawn by request.
    It says I have till the 15th of Feb to complete course and purchase certificate

I better get cracking and do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Got an email today saying the course was being withdrawn by request.
    It says I have till the 15th of Feb to complete course and purchase certificate

I better get cracking and do it now
    prob requested by Harvard..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭budgemook

Like in school, it's always good to have a tight deadline!

This is a computer science module, which I wasn't expecting. Very interesting so far all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

I was right..harvard did request it...

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/14/take-harvards-free-online-12-module-digital-photo-course/

Quote...

Update on 1/18/17: We’ve heard word that Harvard has sent a cease and desist order to ALISON

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

pegasus1 wrote: »
    I was right..harvard did request it...

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/14/take-harvards-free-online-12-module-digital-photo-course/

Quote...

Update on 1/18/17: We’ve heard word that Harvard has sent a cease and desist order to ALISON

Indeed, the correct link for the course is here: http://digitalphotography.exposed/

OSiriS wrote: »
    Indeed, the correct link for the course is here: http://digitalphotography.exposed/

ah okay, so that will be available beyond February? It's on YouTube too which is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It's the official website for the course. The lecturer mentions it in the first lecture. It's been there over a year, so I'd imagine it will stay there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm now 76% of the way through the course on Alison website and I'm really enjoying it. In general I'm new to Photography, but I come from a Computer Science background, so find it pretty interesting. The lecturer is really good at breaking down complex topics and making them understandable.

Anyone else working through it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

I'm now 76% of the way through the course on Alison website and I'm really enjoying it. In general I'm new to Photography, but I come from a Computer Science background, so find it pretty interesting. The lecturer is really good at breaking down complex topics and making them understandable.

Anyone else working through it?

How are you doing it? Every time I try to start it tells me its no longer available.

duckmusic wrote: »
    How are you doing it? Every time I try to start it tells me its no longer available.

It was taken down from Alison but it can be found on another site. This is explained a few posts up.

I am working through it, slowly. Also have a computer science background and am new to photography. I am enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

budgemook wrote: »
    It was taken down from Alison but it can be found on another site. This is explained a few posts up.

I am working through it, slowly. Also have a computer science background and am new to photography. I am enjoying it.

Ya I had already signed up from Alison before it was taken down, so it's still available for those already signed up until Feb 15th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

An Alternative at Stanford

And here's the Harvard one

Advertisement