Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with An Post delivering Amazon package

Options
  • 09-12-2016 8:52am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Ordered some stuff off amazon. An Post ended up being the carrier.

Amazon handed it over to An Post on 28th November.

The tracking number is still not working. I rang An Post 2 days ago and they said that tracking number was valid. They recommended I should give it a few more days as they have 4 containers full of amazon shipments that needed to be scanned into the system.

Amazon said they would refund me if it hasn't arrived by this evening. The items are of high value (nearly a grand).

Anyone else have this experience with An Post?

Am I likely to ever get my package at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"Black Friday" swamps delivery systems. There's a good chance it'll still arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Had the exact same issue none of the deliveries showed up until they where scanned the morning of delivery in the local distribution centre. I even had stuff ordered several days later arrive before the black Friday purchases so of hold out for a few more days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've ordered 5 parcels from amazon over the last 3/4 weeks. Each delivered by An Post. Each with a tracking number that didnt work until it was delivered. A bit of a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have an online store here in Ireland. An Post are taking up to a week do deliver mail since black Friday. We have had a few complaints ourselves about delivering times.
    I thought it a little unfair that parcel motel got singled out in the media when all the companies are struggling at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I've had stuff stuck in the Dublin Mail Centre since Monday 5th and after a great many calls, emails etc. to Amazon and An Post I'm now being told it will be Monday next - maybe. This is a joke and wouldn't happen with a properly run operation. Saying it's "Black Friday" is a feeble excuse and has certainly made me reconsider placing my intended 2nd Christmas order with Amazon. I've made quite sure that they understand the reason for this and that An Post are the problem. With this sort of nonsense Amazon Prime is a bad joke especially given the blocking of most of their video content here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's the same for all courier's, delivery companies.

Parcels out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I think Amazon have brilliant customer service. We are lucky in Ireland Amazon accept our orders . Ireland is a tiny market and hardly worth the hassle Amazon must get about late orders. An post is the problem, not Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If its really important or urgent pay the extra amount for fast delivery.

I have been waiting for some items some have arrived quick others slow and that's from all different carriers so its just so busy and I've never seen so many delivery vans ever.

If its really important or urgent pay the extra amount for fast delivery.

I have been waiting for some items some have arrived quick others slow and that's from all different carriers so its just so busy and I've never seen so many delivery vans ever.

That's what Amazon Prime is but it clearly doesn't work at busy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Del.Monte wrote: »
    That's what Amazon Prime is but it clearly doesn't work at busy times.

To Ireland, Amazon Prime is fast dispatch only. Delivery will be as delayed or not as anything else dispatched the same day.

This "Black Friday" nonsense is causing a single spike which is not practical to bring extra staff in for; unlike the older more level Christmas rush which is. US fake "tradition" (its about a decade old) gibberish being imported wholesale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

L1011 wrote: »
    To Ireland, Amazon Prime is fast dispatch only. Delivery will be as delayed or not as anything else dispatched the same day.

This "Black Friday" nonsense is causing a single spike which is not practical to bring extra staff in for; unlike the older more level Christmas rush which is. US fake "tradition" (its about a decade old) gibberish being imported wholesale

Totally agree. Added to that, we all went nuts this black Friday cos of the weak sterling. Our delivery companies have never seen demand like this before.
    We need to be a little patient.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Totally agree. Added to that, we all went nuts this black Friday cos of the weak sterling. Our delivery companies have never seen demand like this before.
    We need to be a little patient.

I am being patient but this is a rubbish set-up from An Post and it would have been quicker to travel to the Mails Centre and collect the packages myself. We as you so quaintly put it didn't go mad on Black Friday. I put in a routine Christmas order which Amazon and their agents have mishandled. It should be physically impossible to make such a ****-up of delivering parcels from Dublin to Wexford.

Do you think I should risk putting in another order for Christmas now or has so-called Black Friday overwhelmed the system for the entire pre-Christmas period?

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Grow up. Your parcel got delayed.

Morning about it in a forum doesn't help, they have increased demand for a couple of weeks, it's a little slower than normal. It's not the end of the world.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Grow up. Your parcel got delayed.

Morning about it in a forum doesn't help, they have increased demand for a couple of weeks, it's a little slower than normal. It's not the end of the world.

If you're not concerned why bother posting. Grow up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Of course the op is rightly worried fine if it's a small value item...but when it's worth that much no harm in posting here to see if others are in same boat or to get advice...anyway OP I had two deliveries arrive from amazon last week through on post and both tracking numbers didn't show up till the morning they were delivered...in fact one only appeared about 10 minutes before they were delivered...as mentioned there is a huge influx of deliveries this year with on post and all other couriers ...I don't think you have anything to be worried about just yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

harr wrote: »
    Of course the op is rightly worried fine if it's a small value item...but when it's worth that much no harm in posting here to see if others are in same boat or to get advice...anyway OP I had two deliveries arrive from amazon last week through on post and both tracking numbers didn't show up till the morning they were delivered...in fact one only appeared about 10 minutes before they were delivered...as mentioned there is a huge influx of deliveries this year with on post and all other couriers ...I don't think you have anything to be worried about just yet..

I had the same issue, ordered an air fryer and it got dispatched 29th November, due 5th December no sign of it. With a little persisting Amazon refunded me plus an extra €45 to go buy the same in Argos.. they told me they had sent my package to the wrong delivery company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Ordered some stuff off amazon. An Post ended up being the carrier.

Amazon handed it over to An Post on 28th November.

The tracking number is still not working. I rang An Post 2 days ago and they said that tracking number was valid. They recommended I should give it a few more days as they have 4 containers full of amazon shipments that needed to be scanned into the system.

Amazon said they would refund me if it hasn't arrived by this evening. The items are of high value (nearly a grand).

Anyone else have this experience with An Post?

Am I likely to ever get my package at this stage?

I have rarely had issue with An Post delivering Amazon parcels whether big or small!

At the moment they and all the other carriers have a huge number of small parcels to deliver along with larger amounts of letter and packet post.

I have a thread in Online buying showing that the postal depot in Dublin that is marked "EXT" seems to have delays for small/medium parcels of up to a week. this is to be expected at busy times like Christmas.

My advice would be to sit tight and wait a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

OP, you're grand, you'll get it just later than you'd be used to with Amazon due to the amount of orders being placed on all sorts of websites and being sent to An Post.

It's up to you about the refund but then I assume Amazon will request you return the items?

Other posters in here: calm down. Amazon and An Post are handling this as best as they can, there's a huge amount of orders being pushed to An Post from websites all around the world. Amazon are probably delivering and pushing on time but An Post might not be.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Amazon admitted that it was lost in transit and they're sending a replacement order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement