Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**closed** Christmas Crackers! The 2016 A&PI Photo Competition

Options
  • 25-11-2016 9:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

*****This stage of this competition is now closed.*****
    The Grand Finale thread is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101929902#

Hi all!
    Well, I'm slightly amazed that a whole other year has gone by since we were treated to fab photos of your pets... This is the annual total feelgood thread... I cannot WAIT! :p:):cool::D

:cool:Yes, it's the 2016 Annual Animals and Pets Forum Christmas Photo Competition!:pac::):D

I'm a bit more organised than usual this year, getting this started nice and early rather than trying to cram it in to the week before Christmas :o

For those who haven't taken part before, or who have just forgotten, here's how it works:

For the Winner
    I will donate €20 to the animal charity of your choice, as long as it is based in Ireland, and is registered as a charity with Revenue
    I will donate a further €20 to the Santa Strike Force (SSF) on your behalf.

De Rulez:
    1. We have 7 Categories. The winner of each category will be selected based on the number of "thanks" it gets. The most thanked picture in each category goes forward to the Grand Final to be considered for the overall First Place.
    2. At the start of your post, please clearly state which category you're entering with each photo.
    3. Each poster can submit up to 5 photos per category, because we just can't get enough of seeing your pets doing their thing :p
    4. One picture per post. Any additional pictures beyond the first per post will be deleted. If you want to enter the same picture in more than one category, post it twice so that each can be voted for separately.
    5. Please keep the photo size to a maximum of 640 x 480! This probably means using a hosting site that allows you to size your picture! Bigger pictures are a pain for people with slow broadband, so keep em small folks!
    7. If you're too new to Boards to be able to post photos, PM me and I'll post your photo for you :)
    6. Do not quote photos... quoted photos will be deleted.
    7. This competition is open to pet animals of all species.

So, here's what your post should look like:
    Category 3: Poseur McPoseyPants
    Name: Sarah Jessica Barker
    Then your picture.
    We'd love if you could all put in a little blurb about the photo and the featured pet(s) under the photo ;)

Category voting will finish Saturday 10th December at 9pm sharp.

The winner of each category will go forward to the Grand Final, voting for which will close on Saturday December 17th at 9pm sharp.

Here are the categories. Some new, some old, all fab!

Category 1: Baby Face
    Have you got any totes adorbs pics of your dog as a puppy? Your cat as a kitten? Your horse as a foal? Your stick insect as a... twig? Or maybe you have a new baby animal sharing your heart and home right now? Well we want to be turned to mush looking at photos of them :)
    This category produced our joined winner last year!

Category 2: Golden Oldies
    This is for the older and wiser pets, the ones who've been around the block a few times and are far, far wiser than we are :o We love to celebrate our senior citizens here, so let's share their photos and celebrate their longevity here!

Have you got a beautiful portrait of your pet? The one where they look angelic, clean, well-behaved and lovely? Some of us rarely get to capture these moments with our pets, but if you have done, and you want to impress us all, this is your category!

Category 4: Lights! Camera! Action!
    A popular category that has produced a winner or two in the past (and a lot of laughs), this category is for photos where you've managed to capture a dramatic, exciting moment of physical prowess from your pet.

Category 5: LOL Pets!
    Ah, the category that always produces OMG and LOL moments, here we're looking for moments caught on film of your pet doing something hilarious, naughty, or downright mortifying. This category produced our 2nd joined winner in 2015 and is always hugely popular :)

Category 6: No Dogs and Cats Allowed!
    4 legs, 2 legs, no legs... scales, feathers, hair, slime... 2 eyes, 8 eyes... As long as it's your pet, and is not a dog or cat, we want to see what ye got!

Category 7: Never Forget
    This is the happy/sad category in which we remember our beloved, never-forgotten, adored, much-missed pets who are no longer with us, but are still firmly in our minds and hearts this Christmas (and every other day too). We'll remember them with sadness and fondness here, celebrating how they made our lives so much better.

In two short weeks I'll be back to round up each category winner to go forward to the Grand Final!
    Happy voting everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Name: Milo

This is Milo getting some professional pictures taken at our local petshop :) I don't think he understood that he was supposed to look at the camera!

k2hhl4.png

Name: Ella

Ella will be 9 next March and she's an absolute baby!! She had peritonitis last year and to this day the vet is still surprised that she pulled through. She's our little fighter and we absolutely adore her :)

1418mjq.jpg

Name: Milo

This is Milo on one of his regular visits to the Phoenix Park :)

33bj1uo.jpg

Name: Rosie
    Age: About 3 months in the picture. Now 3 and a half years old

This is puppy Rosie trying to master the art of picking up the football!!

5dtra9.jpg

Name: Ella

This is Ella being an absolute divil climbing up on the table waiting for Dad to come home. She sat there singing at me through the window!

vouads.jpg

• Advertisement

Name: Ole

This is Ole, who came home from town on the bus!! Here he is sitting on my fiancé's finger :)

8wk410.jpg

Name: Benny

This is my absolutely beautiful French lop Benny. He was a gentle giant and passed away suddenly on August 1st this year. I miss him so, so much as do his bunny friends Joon and Junior :(

2rzxbb6.jpg

Thank you so much DBB for putting my pictures up!!

And also I'm sorry for all the entries- I still left a few of our animals out, believe it or not- we just have too many!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Name: Tintin

Despite being an elderly gent with all the health issues (heart/ renal failure; deafness; cataracts; arthritis in his shoulder to name but a few) to go with his age, he still loves his daily walks. Here he is just last month telling us to hurry up with the photo taking, he can't pose forever- too much to do! A much loved friend. :)

IMG_7786.jpg
    dnk29v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Name: Hawk
    I didn't assemble him properly, so he malfunctioned and this happened. Let this be proof to you that you should read the instruction manual before putting your dog together for the first time by yourself.
    3CKqm1x.jpg

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Hector The Italian Spinone showing off his ears

402457.jpg

Name: Joel
    Age: Unsure. I'd guess maybe 2 months. We got him at 8 months.

I just couldn't resist posting this picture of our handsome Belgian Sheperd Joel. He looks like a bear! :)

20g188y.jpg

Rio our Parrotlet Asleep on my hand

402459.jpg

Paint me like your Irish Border

402460.jpg

Is there a limit on how many we can thank?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no... :o
    I hate telling people that you're only to vote for X number, it seems mean-spirited :o
    So, I guess vote for it if you really like it. The votes will have to become more limited for the Grand Final though, but we'll cross that bridge... :)

Elmo & Hazel. It is not often Borders stay still for photos like this

402462.jpg

Category 5: LOL Pets

It's behind me aint it!!!!!

402463.jpg

Name: Joel

Here's our handsome man Joel (the bear above!) all grown up and posing like only he can!:)

b5f9xy.jpg

Rio driving the Ice Cream Truck

402465.jpg

• Advertisement

Name: Aoife

154vv5s.jpg

This little lady was one of a pair I got *ahem* as a Valentine's Day present... Romantic, huh? :o
    She was meant to be a purebred leghorn hen, but she's actually a who-knows-what, not that I care... She spends a lot of her day just randomly running around the place for no apparent reason... Still makes me laugh every day :D

Very sad to be adding Gizmo to this category this year. He died very suddenly earlier in the year & we miss him a lot. This was him with his SS last year

402469.jpg

Bigfoot - Hector stealing the kitchen Roll

402470.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Name: Left to Right -
    Coco age 9
    Genie/Wookie age 1 (not a dog!)
    Benson age 6
    Buddy age 3

Taken on Christmas day last year, tried to hide the baby in with the dogs! This is probably "take 25" as each pic before it had one of the dogs looking away, or in Bensons case, looking at Genie. Coco doing her best resting bitch face too:D

chffULDl.jpg

OMG! Eek! Screech! That child could be savaged... SAVAGED by those dogs, I tells ya :D

Well not a stick insect but Rio is in there somewhere.

402471.jpg

DBB wrote: »
    OMG! Eek! Screech! That child could be savaged... SAVAGED by those dogs, I tells ya :D

They're ferocious!!
    Honestly, they've really taken her on as one of them. It helps that she's a fairly constant food source, and she has realised that it's great fun to feed them! She's also getting really good at throwing the ball for them, although Coco was teaching her the basics at 6 months:D

aBiXKJ6m.jpg
    24ylDDPm.jpg

^^^
    Not for competition!

Category 3: Poser McPosey Pants

Name: Benson
    Age 6

An everyday pose for Benson! Buddy can only look on wondering how he contours himself around the arm of the couch!

RcG7rVbl.jpg

Category 3: Poser McPosey Pants
    Name: Benson and Buddy

Sunkissed!

uQcbwvml.jpg

• Advertisement

Category 4: Lights, Camera, Action!
    Name: Benson and Coco

Sideways syncro dancing

lTkaURzl.jpg