Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is it too early to put up the Christmas tree

Options
  • 18-11-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I'm just wondering is it too early to put up the Christmas tree. I was thinking of putting it up this weekend however most people I've talked to said wait till 1st December at a minimum.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think anything after November 20th is acceptable. At this stage we're only a month away!

Of course, personally I don't think there is a 'too early.' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

8th of December?!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

Haha I'm thinking the same Posy. 8th December is a bit away yet. Wanna get into the festive spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No wrong answer in this forum! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

23rd December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Bought mine today. Want to put it up but the missus is having none of it, bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Traditionally Christmas trees are put up 8th Dec and take down little Christmas 6th January. However I've already seen trees up not far from my own house. Bottom line is tradition seems to be out the window so whenever takes you fancy. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's never too early. Do whatever makes you happy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

If it makes you happy or your kiddies(if you have them) put up your decorations when ever you like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Goes up December 8th
    Comes down January 6th

That's the Christmas season. Dem's the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I always put it up the weekend before the Toy Show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Traditionally Christmas trees are put up 8th Dec and take down little Christmas 6th January. However I've already seen trees up not far from my own house. Bottom line is tradition seems to be out the window so whenever takes you fancy. :)

We always do this, but we get a real tree thats why we only get it the weekend of the 8th Dec, we have a cabin out the back though with an artifical tree and thats put up probably around the last week of Nov, 1st week of Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just suit yourself. You seem to be worried about what others might think though.

AFAIC Christmas and the trappings should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

nhunter100 wrote: »
    23rd December.

At 23.59hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The way things are going in this country, you put it up when the government tell us to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Usually the 1st December here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

AFAIC Christmas and the trappings should be banned.

Do you usually hang around dedicated Christmas Internet forums just to share this groundbreaking observation?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

superg wrote: »
    Bought mine today. Want to put it up but the missus is having none of it, bah humbug.

where did you get yours kids are going mad to get it :)

blueballfc wrote:
    where did you get yours kids are going mad to get it

Not a real one. Just an Argos job. Have it sitting in the box in the place where it will stand until the wife relents. The two kids and me the big kid asking her hourly can we put it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Mine are up, just need to be decorated. All 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just a wee link to the charter here . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Any date before December is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I think your in the wrong forum.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can you please have a read of the charter Posy just kindly posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We always put ours up the last weekend in November for the Toy Show. Still putting them up next Friday night even thought the Toy Show has moved.

kitten_k wrote: »
    We always put ours up the last weekend in November for the Toy Show. Still putting them up next Friday night even thought the Toy Show has moved.

Me too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Goes up the weekend before Christmas (or so) and comes down Jan 6th. I personally don't like to have it up too early, or for too long. I take a real intense pleasure in having it up and I don't want to dilute that.

Having said that, I bought a Rudolph door mat last week and I already have that out. Our neighbours have lights up as of this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

23rd of December 1545.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

We normally wait until December 8th, but this year, I'm off on the 6th so going for that date for the one in the kitchen. We are getting a real one for the sitting room & due to having an extremely warm house (thankfully) and the fact that last year, it was dead midway through the Christmas Dinner, that one will not be going up until around the 15th in an attempt to keep it alive! :D

Whatever floats your boat I say! If I had bought my tree today, I think I would be halfway through putting it up now! lol!

• Advertisement

superg wrote:
    Not a real one. Just an Argos job. Have it sitting in the box in the place where it will stand until the wife relents. The two kids and me the big kid asking her hourly can we put it up!

Well the wife went out for a few hours this evening and the tree went up all by itself! :)

Advertisement