Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managers' manager of the Season Award Season 9

Options
  • 31-10-2016 1:04am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay so, there are the SMFA Awards which are based solely on statistics and as a result, are not regarded very highly by some (a bit like the Football Writers' Awards!). Then there is the Managers' manager of the season award who is voted for by their fellow managers and is an award much more coveted than the SMFA manager of the season.

Rather than get everyone to send in nominations etc., I'm just going to draw up a list of nominees for managers to vote on.

So, who are the nominees for Season 9 Managers' manager of the year award?

1. Maldjd23 - SSC Napoli
    Division 1 champion ahead of heavy hitters Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.

2. tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Newly promoted to Division 1, the aim was always to avoid a quick return back to D2, so to stay in the title race until the final weeks of the season, and to eventually qualify for the Champions League ahead of Barcelona is a magnificent achievement (even if they were carried to that position by Neymar!)

3. mackeire - Spartak Moskva
    In such a competitive Division, to reach the playoff final with a team which doesn't seem to have the big stars as many other teams have is a fantastic achievement by the Russian outfit.

4. Perrin V2 - Flamengo
    Newly promoted to D3, Flamengo wasn't one for waiting around and are heading straight up to D2.

I'm also going to lock the thread to avoid canvassing in here, make it a sticky and, once the vote ends, add the results to the SMFA Awards sticky thread.

EDIT : I guess I won't be closing the thread as that closes the poll as well!

Managers' manager of the season - Season 9 15 votes

Maldjd23 - SSC Napoli
    0%
    tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    100%
    ctrl-alt-deleteGLaDOSOrdinary mantupac_healyunkymoGT_TDI_150Comic Book Guyrichieffffgerp99KERSPLAT!Maldjd23WilbertoirishgoldbergHercule PoirotColemania 15 votes
    mackeire - Spartak Moskva
    0%
    Perrin V2 - Flamengo
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Although newly promoted, the team at Lazio would be expected to finish well. Napoli the clear winner for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Although newly promoted, the team at Lazio would be expected to finish well. Napoli the clear winner for me

With some big teams going down almost every year basic survival has to be the main aim every season!!!

But I agree 100% with the last part, Naps by a mile, got my vote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Anyone who doesn't vote napoli has lost the plot 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

tupac_healy - SS Lazio

TBH, it's all fairly trivial after given that the vote is going to be landslide victory for Napoli. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    gerp99 wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't vote napoli has lost the plot 😂

Either that, or they're just voting for themselves instead! :D

• Advertisement

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    With some big teams going down almost every year basic survival has to be the main aim every season!!!

But I agree 100% with the last part, Naps by a mile, got my vote!!

Absolutely, so a big team going down can happen but it's not expected. If you were relegated, even though just promoted, it would have been disastrous imo.

Don't get me wrong, you've built a fantastic team, you ddeserve credit for that.

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Wilberto wrote: »
    Either that, or they're just voting for themselves instead! :D

I'd vote me if I could :D

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    KERSPLAT! wrote:
    I'd vote me if I could

I think I should get the parachute

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    gerp99 wrote: »
    I think I should get the parachute

Considering your start I'd nearly vote you!

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    There was a meaning to that quote but I'm far too drunk to remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Napoli for me too.......

Tho next season if gt can get back to 8th place he should be next season's winner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Two trophy's and not even considered :-(

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Two trophy's and not even considered :-(

You actually had made the shortlist of about six, but I felt it had to be whittled down to a maximum of four as six was too much to put up there and, considering you didn't have much competition for the title in your Division, I left you out.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Wilberto wrote: »
    You actually had made the shortlist of about six, but I felt it had to be whittled down to a maximum of four as six was too much to put up there and, considering you didn't have much competition for the title in your Division, I left you out.

:)

Was only joking! Division 3 next season is when the test begins

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Was only joking! Division 3 next season is when the test begins

To be fair, the cup win nearly had you in the top four. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    mmmh, Porto managing to finish outside of the bottom 3 places in D1 for an 8th (some will understand teh importance of that :p) season in a row and yet their manager is overlooked for this beauty pageant ... disgraceful!

Oh, I voted for Naps btw ... even if he veered of our agreed path of not overdoing it with team upgrades and beating the odds by remaining in the division season after season and went all Claudio Ranieri on that ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    GOD DAMN IT!!...I can't see the result unless i vote...I don't wanna be an arrogant git and vote for myself but i don't wanna vote against myself either!!!...

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Tie between you and Lazio...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

tupac_healy - SS Lazio

Hahaha...OK...I voted for myself!! You made me do it!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    KERSPLAT! wrote:

Your joking.... plz tell me your joking.

Thanks lads but I've don't NOTHING! LOL!!!

Has to be Napoli lads, has to be

• Advertisement

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Your joking.... plz tell me your joking.

Thanks lads but I've don't NOTHING! LOL!!!

Has to be Napoli lads, has to be

I know. I was messing with Napoli that you were tied in the votes... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Wilberto wrote:
    Okay so, there are the SMFA Awards which are based solely on statistics and as a result, are not regarded very highly by some (a bit like the Football Writers' Awards!). Then there is the Managers' manager of the season award who is voted for by their fellow managers and is an award much more coveted than the SMFA manager of the season.

That's what you think, I'm the best manager in the League this season...and I had the player of the season as well(Suarez)...and I won 2 cups ..and I came 6th in the League!

I'll have to vote for the Napoli manager so!

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Voting is now closed.

Maldjd23 has been declared the Managers' manager of the season by a landslide.

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tupac_healy - SS Lazio
    Disgraceful descision!**

FIFA has nothing on the bribes that are being thrown around here!:D

**Correct descision! Well done Naps!

Advertisement