Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoover freedom cordless

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Bought this in Tesco Dundrum today for the same price. I'm charging it now. I've no idea what it'd be like compared to a Dyson as I've never used one but I'll try it tomorrow and let you know what it's like.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hah, I wonder who they're trying to copy with that design! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Bought this in Tesco Dundrum today for the same price. I'm charging it now. I've no idea what it'd be like compared to a Dyson as I've never used one but I'll try it tomorrow and let you know what it's like.

Hi. Just wondering did you get to try it yet and is the suction any good ?

alanbk wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering did you get to try it yet and is the suction any good ?

Will test when I get in from work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I may purchase if it's any good. Do tesco still use the vouchers from other stores?

OK so I had a quick go of it and I'm a fan. At first I was a bit underwhelmed as it sounds kind of like a handheld - a small motor, high pitched but still loud, and it didn't seem to have the suction of a standard drag-round-the-floor vacuum when I put my hand on it. That said it made short work of the usual go round the living room as its so portable, and a twist of the arm changes direction as there's a ball-shaped hinge on the main fitting, so it's very usable. I don't have carpets though, just hardwood floors. Also I haven't done the whole apartment so I can't vouch for the stamina of the battery.

Tesco still take the vouchers. I'd be surprised if they honored grocery vouchers against household stuff like this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

http://www.did.ie/hoover-freedom-2-in-1-cordless-upright-vacuum-cleaner-fd22g-prd

Would this be any good does anyone know? Would be better to get Dyson cordless

This is now Eur99 in Tesco. Quite a bargain.

It's GBP116.99 on Amazon.

Can you make it smaller so that you could hoover the car as well?
    For €99 would make a good portable hoover for cleaning up the dog hairs, spills etc. I have a good Miele for doing the full house hoovering.

Can you make it smaller so that you could hoover the car as well?
    For €99 would make a good portable hoover for cleaning up the dog hairs, spills etc. I have a good Miele for doing the full house hoovering.

Yes we can !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73hYV8eJK2o

Some pics here too

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5531873

• Advertisement

banchang wrote: »

Wow, looks very good. That UK Argos price is £129. €99 seems quite a bargain really.

Yes - bought 2 myself - Christmas is coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yes - bought 2 myself - Christmas is coming...

I'm sure your other half will appreciate one for each hand:)

I'm sure your other half will appreciate one for each hand:)

I'm thoughtful that way - get the job done in half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

This is now Eur99 in Tesco. Quite a bargain.

It's GBP116.99 on Amazon.

Do you have a link to he Tesco offer?
    Thanks.

From what I can see these are new on the shelves & couldn't find any reference online.

From what I can see these are new on the shelves & couldn't find any reference online.

What stores have you seen them in?
    We've two dogs at home and vacuuming has become a daily occurrence, so this would be very handy :)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Haven't tried this one, but have tried the Dyson one, the mother in law has it, I found it annoying and heavy in your hand and completely underwhelming for the price of it! This Tesco one seems like a steal compared to it!

terrydel wrote: »
    What stores have you seen them in?
    We've two dogs at home and vacuuming has become a daily occurrence, so this would be very handy :)
    Thanks.

Many in Artaine Castle & Omni

Got one in Tesco the Square Tallaght yesterday, seems a great price.
    Haven't used it yet but I think it will be a bargain.
    Thanks to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Also bought one. Very impressed for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Saw it in tesco and was tempted, only downside is the charge time, 6 hours for around 25 minutes use, what is the suction like?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Just picked up one of these from tesco dundalk, wont get to test it till the weekend, Point to note that the SEL say €149 but it scans at €99....
    Also used a Super valu €10 of €50 spend voucher.... leaving it at €89...:D:D

Hopefully herself and the hoover will have many years together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Yeah link in the OP now shows this at 99 in DID

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Got this as couldn't justify the dyson version.

I'm torn on whether it's a good deal. It's very noisy and only okay sunction wise (not good on carpet). It feels and sounds underpowered, uncomfortably so, kinda like driving fast in a small engined car where you know the engine isn't enjoying it (car analogy that maybe not everyone will get)

Positives are it's very light and easy storage wise(wall mount included). Can see myself only using this for kitchen crumbs, car, dust in ceiling corners/skirting boards so will still be useful

I am wondering if these are beasts power usage wise, 6hr charge for 25mins seems a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Got this as couldn't justify the dyson version

I picked one up for the same reason. I had convinced myself that a Dyson was the only way to go, until I road-tested a friend's, and I have to say I was underwhelmed by the suction, so €99 made this one a no-brainer decision.

Suction on the Hoover Freedom is ok. Not great, but not woeful either, and certainly not any worse than my friend's Dyson. I have hard floors everywhere, which helps, but if I had carpets I'm not so sure I'd recommend it.

It's very light and easy to use, and because of that it'll be used more, which I suppose is the idea - more frequent, short bursts of cleaning as you go rather than a bigger vacuuming session less often. It certainly beats going around with a long handled pan and brush in between vacuuming.

The bin is very small, but again that fits in with the different approach to vacuuming that a cordless stick encourages. It's quick and easy to empty, although I did have to remove the entire bin once to dislodge some stuff from the cyclone - no biggie, but a consistently clean emptying action would be nice.

Noise wise, it's about the same as any other vacuum cleaner I've used. The attachments are easy to clip on and off, but the long main tube is a bit wobbly during use.

Overall, it's grand for the price and will do the job. Cordless suction is not as good as a plug-in, so once you don't expect that then it's a decent enough piece of kit. The fact that you're inclined to use it more probably counteracts the suction issue anyway, as more frequent use should mean that there's less to vacuum up each time. (At least, that's the hope!)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I never tried the dyson one, for some reason I expected it to be more powerful / refined than the hoover so good to hear that this is comparable as it makes the hoover more of a bargain than I made it out to be

Now Eur149 in Tesco ! Told you to grab it @ 99 !

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Now Eur149 in Tesco ! Told you to grab it @ 99 !

Its displayed for €149 but scans for €99...picked one up in Longford last Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

I'm gutted! Had this hoover freedom for 4 years now. Loved it, working perfectly but has suddenly stopped. Did anyone else's last? Thinking of buying another one?? Or a similar one??

Advertisement