Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Vs Reps Ryder Jug 2016

• 27-09-2016 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

It's that time of year again when we do battle with our mortal enemy, The Reps Society.

This year we are playing at The Links Portmarnock on the 22nd of October with the 1st tee time at 12:12.

The team is the top 10 in the GOTY standings and two captains picks, for those of you on the team can you please let me if you are available.

We have had two fallers, unfortunately Space and Fix cannot make it, so Ben is in and I need to pick another.

If anyone wants to play the course before the date please let me know and I will try and arrange it. There is a semi open every Wednesday.

J

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

How about ThecHamp26, he's next in line? Or Brendan141?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I'm in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

So here is the team;
    1. doublecross
    2. Alanm
    3. Rikand
    4. BigChap1759
    5. Seve OB
    6. Macker1
    7. Golfgraffix
    8. Break80
    9. RoadRunner
    10. ThecHamp26
    11. CharlieIRL
    12. Ben1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm in.

Bring it on :D

I'm in too, bringing it home this year.

Actually, wouldn't mind another spin around the course before the 22nd, anyone fancy a Wednesday open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

I'm in. A practice round sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'm in too, bringing it home this year.

Actually, wouldn't mind another spin around the course before the 22nd, anyone fancy a Wednesday open?

I'd be in for this too but would need some notice to get time off work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'm in. Practice round would be great.

Would we want to be on the course for 2pm in a four ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads - great team.

Sorry to let the team down , but very good golfers missed out - so not feeling as bad.

Many things have gone out of synch for me last months - so have had to reshedule alot that was put off.

If any spare spot in practice round - or you need someone to play against . Keep us in mind , would love a round there. One of my favourite courses in Dublin.

Asking to get a practice round - I'm now like Buba on US team :D:P

• Advertisement

Lads - great team.

Sorry to let the team down , but very good golfers missed out - so not feeling as bad.

Many things have gone out of synch for me last months - so have had to reshedule alot that was put off.

If any spare spot in practice round - or you need someone to play against . Keep us in mind , would love a round there. One of my favourite courses in Dublin.

Asking to get a practice round - I'm now like Buba on US team :D:P

next you'll be there beside us doing vice captain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

ridiculous it was left so late to announce the captain picks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

charlieIRL wrote: »
    How about ThecHamp26, he's next in line? Or Brendan141?

I know that ThecHamp26 will be away in Florida so he is not available. I should be available just need to book the time off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alanm

I'm good for the 22nd. Could do a practice round on either the 12th or 19th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'll have to see if I can schedule a fake interview in Dublin for one of those Wednesdays for a recon mission :)

Now to think of a convenient excuse for bringing my clubs.....

Rikand wrote: »
    I'll have to see if I can schedule a fake interview in Dublin for one of those Wednesdays for a recon mission :)

Now to think of a convenient excuse for bringing my clubs.....

Is it seriously that bad Rik. :eek:

Jesus I'm a lucky man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Sitting here, feeling like Fowler on the USA team....played **** all year but still got a captain's pick. At least my record is better played 1 won 1

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Sitting here, feeling like Fowler on the USA team....played **** all year but still got a captain's pick. At least my record is better played 1 won 1

Just because you didnt show up on the first tee for the first jug event doesnt mean you get away without having the loss on your record ;)

Just because you didnt show up on the first tee for the first jug event doesnt mean you get away without having the loss on your record ;)

When I heard it was yourself I was to play with, I though I'd have a better time looking after a very sick child!!! :)
    Golfgraffix put me with "ABR" anyone but Rikand :)

Ben1977 wrote: »
    When I heard it was yourself I was to play with, I though I'd have a better time looking after a very sick child!!! :)
    Golfgraffix put me with "ABR" anyone but Rikand :)

Apparently there's a few of ye in that club ;)

I've recently discovered that I'm a bit like Danny Willets brother. I'm trying to be funny and 10% of the time, I am...... but 90% of the time, I just come across as offensive ;)

• Advertisement

I've recently discovered that I'm a bit like Danny Willets brother. I'm trying to be funny and 10% of the time, I am...... but 90% of the time, I just come across as offensive ;)

It's ok Rikand I'll laugh with you buddy :)

ah you're a harmless aul skin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Break80

I will be there for the ryder jug.
    Looking forward to it. Practice might be a bit difficult with the distance involved but I will be ready.

Guys, if anyone from the society wants to come out and play on the day of the Ryder Jug I have some spots earlier in the morning. 9.30 to 9.50.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭bobster453

Best of luck to everyone.
    Lot of stuff happening this year kept my mind off golf but great to see a strong team playing.
    Pity Tiger didnt make it just as his game came together.

lads anyone fancy the open in Corballis tomorrow - about 915.

Working unfortunately, have to get up there before the year is out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Local track, ye will be fine, great team. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭paulos53

So how is the practice going for Saturday? I hope everybody is in top form :)

• Advertisement

Going well. We had 6 out last Friday and all played quite well in tough conditions.

'Twas the night before the big match, when all through the house, not a club was stirring, not even a putter.
    So the big build up is finally over, weather looks good and we are playing a beautiful course. Can't wait to hit the practice area in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Best of luck tomorrow lads. Bring home the Jug!

Well one thing we won't be lacking is team spirit. There has been done great banter on the team what's app group.

Clubs are cleaned, clothes are ironed all ready to go.

Weather looks to be good, I am just back from a cycle and there is not a breath of wind.

Good luck to all tomorrow and don't forget enjoy it.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

bobster453 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone.
    Lot of stuff happening this year kept my mind off golf but great to see a strong team playing.
    Pity Tiger didnt make it just as his game came together.

Bobster for 2018 captain, poor old bubba.
    Joking aside i think this is the best team we have put forward in the last three years. Statistically speaking i think we have had the most 40pt plus wins this year and with the wildcard picks and a virtual home venue my money would be on the boardies.
    Was hoping to offer my caddy services tomorrow but could not get out of work roster, good luck lads and looking forward to defending the jug next year.

Will be watching on sky sports:

Early reporting live from portmarnock.
    Ben/Brendan 4 up after 8
    Macker/rikank 1 up after 8
    Golf/Kieran level after 8

• Advertisement

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Early reporting live from portmarnock.
    Ben/Brendan 4 up after 8
    Macker/rikank 1 up after 8
    Golf/Kieran level after 8

Cheers for the update. The lads looked very focussed earlier. Hope they can keep it going.

Looking good
    Macker/Riki 4up after12
    Seve/ bigchao 3up after 12
    Ben/Brendan 4up after 13
    Ciaran/golf 2up after 10
    Roadrunner/double-cross 1 down after 15

I forgot the champagne this year

Results are in.

The jug is coming home.

Boards 5 Reps 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭paulos53

Congrats to Golfgraffix and team :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Fair play captain and to all the team. Nice to get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Congrats to all,well done.

The winning team

29862090284_2c6e5c912a_k.jpg2016-10-22_06-32-56 by stevieob, on Flickr

Thanks to Big Chap today who was there to back me up when I went a wandering. We dovetailed beautifully together and were never really out of any holes. Highlight of the day was a blind 166 yard 8 iron across the dogleg into the 15th. Edge of the green about 10 foot from the hole with about 2 foot breaker from right to left and I just knew it was mine all the way. Birdie to close the match out 4&3.

Congrats to all the team, well done boys you all did us proud. Big congrats to Captain Golfgraffix on a very well played strategy and for compiling a great team. Enjoy the trophy pal. Many thanks for all the organising for the Jug and of course throughout the whole year. Thanks to the reps for giving us a good game and who were gracious in defeat. It is a great way to close out the year....... If only we could figure out how to make it a 2 day event :)

Lastly a special thanks to next year's Captain Ballyk for coming out and seeing us off this morning and to Tigerwood who dropped by mid round to cheer us on.

We won't mention the slow play or the boys who wouldn't call us through :D

Now time for the pub....... Who's coming to town. :)

Congrats lads Yee made it look easy. It will be the template for the future.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Congrats lads Yee made it look easy. It will be the template for the future.

Shush! Don't be piling the pressure on me like that...

ballyk wrote: »
    Shush! Don't be piling the pressure on me like that...

No pressure on the captain, if you win take the credit for your ingenious pairing and backround mentoring.
    If you lose blame the lads for not showing up on the day :)

ps anybody know how to get my smilies working again ? :):):)

Unreal stuff - and clearly I was seriously missed:D

Incredible effort - without giving anything away on a public forum - but J is almost McGinley like.

Enjoyed the year and was delighted to see the score come in.

Was a seriously strong team.

Good laugh in build up.

Catch all again - Bubbs :D

Catch all again - Bubbs :D

God is good.
    Hope there weren't to many tears Bubba ;)

What an excellent way to finish of weeks of preparation, from the day the team was picked to our first tee shots everything was planned to perfection. Well done to everyone involved and especially to Golfgraffix. Cheers.

Myself and AlanM dovetailed well through the round, there was rarely a hole where both of us were out of it. Used my 3 wood for most of the day but it misbehaved a few times putting the pressure on my partner, thankfully he was there to save the day!!
    Hit a few shots that I was well proud of, first par 3 I was over the bunker to the left of the green, no room to hit a shot and get close to the pin, somehow managed to chip it and land on the edge of the bunker and roll the ball down to about a foot from the hole!! Mickelson eat your heart out!!!
    We had a few chances to close the game out earlier but in fairness to the 2 lads we were against never gave up and it was a great even game.
    The only problem was pace, on every single hole we were looking for balls, sometimes looking for 2. Few times AlanM and I were in the middle of the fairway with group behind us on the tee and we were looking for their lost balls. I know it was the jug and all but it’s still a friendly game after all and they should have moved on quicker. Can’t lay the blame 100% as there was one or two holes we were looking for ours but still it was slow. Apologies to everyone behind us.
    Still, we set out to do a job and we done it comprehensively, a well-deserved victory for the effort put in. Hopefully more of the same next year!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement