Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Giant TCX SLR 2 - M - 2015

Options
  • 29-05-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Selling:Giant TCX SLR 2 cyclocross bike, with Schwalbe Super Swan tyres and Shimano SPD pedals

Why?: Upgrading, surplus to requirements.

Notes: Standard spec as per here. Used for one seasons of cyclocross and then commuting after that. New chain, cables and rear mech after a collision during the Glencullen race. Also just fit new brake pads: shimano M520, front and rear.

Rear wheel slightly out of true, but otherwise bike is in very good condition.

Will fit the original stem and tyres for seller. The slick tyres are not included in the sale. Also have a new roll of bar tape that I was going to fit at the start of the season, will throw it in.

Price: €850 - No swaps, splitting, etc. Pretty fixed on price too, bike is in very good condition!

zfTDbNc.jpg?1
    CodPXyJ.jpg?1
    WITqyje.jpg?1
    20AQ0Cw.jpg?1
    kdS8HBF.jpg?1
    5QFNtvC.jpg?1
    naHRcIw.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Price drop to €800 (RRP €1400)

The season isn't far off now and I'd have to sell this before I can upgrade. If I can't do it by the end of July then I'll be hanging onto it for the next year.

Grab yourself a bargain and try out some cyclocross without having to buy a brand new bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pantanifan84

Perhaps a tad small for me. 6 ft 3?

Perhaps a tad small for me. 6 ft 3?

Nooo! Definitely too small. Only the L size frame will fit at your height.

M is for 5'8" to 5'11".

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eoinbyrne81298

I could make you an offer of 650e?

I could make you an offer of 650e?

If you went to 700 I'd say yes. But I can't go any lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭billy121

offer 700 (subject to inspection) if you can also throw in the slick tyres. Can view this weekend if that suits

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eoinbyrne81298

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    If you went to 700 I'd say yes. But I can't go any lower.

I could go 700e but I'm away until Monday the 25th. I could drop down to you then to have a look and buy if I was happy with the condition of it.

billy121 wrote: »
    offer 700 (subject to inspection) if you can also throw in the slick tyres. Can view this weekend if that suits

Sorry, no can do. I only bought the slicks (~ 70 euro) and I plan on hanging onto them.

I could go 700e but I'm away until Monday the 25th. I could drop down to you then to have a look and buy if I was happy with the condition of it.

Sure thing Eoin.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sorry, no can do. I only bought the slicks (~ 70 euro) and I plan on hanging onto them.

ok, offer 700 subject to inspection without slicks

• Advertisement

ok, offer 700 subject to inspection without slicks

Ok. I'll have to put you as next in line after Eoin. But if you want to inspect in the meantime you're more than welcome to.

grand, will hold off viewing until you know the story with Eoin

UPDATE: Billy, just waiting to hear back from Eoin.

Eoin has decided not to go ahead with the purchase (nothing to do with the bike!)

This is back up for sale at the rock bottom price of 700 euro. I'm not moving on this. Billy was next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Ok if Billy is not interested i will offer €700

will view this evening or Friday evening if it suits?

will view this evening or Friday evening if it suits?

I'm out this evening, Friday would be better! I'll PM details.

Billy has decided not to purchase, he was concerned about the rear brake.

It's always felt a bit spongy to me (ask Lumen, we've had many chats on mechanical v hydraulic), and I took it for a ride to the shops after and didn't feel any different. It was indeed a bit stiff if braking from the hood (I spend a lot of time on the drops and it stops fine).

It's not the lever/rotor/pads, so I took the cable out and it needs replacing.

5 euro to fix and it should be good to go...just internal routing is a pain...but after that you can come look at it cunavalos.

SOLD!

Thanks Cunavalos and good luck with your new bike!

Advertisement