Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 Thread - - - - -

Options
  • 27-05-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Just saw the Smart Pro 7, seems to be the new premium flagship from Vodafone this year. It has better specs than the Smart Ultra 7.

gandalf.png

http://www.vodafone.com.tr/smart7/smart-pro-7.html

Technicial Specifications
    Dimensions
    154 x 75.65 x 6.99 mm
    Weight
    155 g Weight
    Operating System
    Android ™ 6.0, Marshmallow
    Processor
    4x1.8 GHz + 4x1.4 GHz (8 Core) Qualcomm processor
    Memory
    32 GB of internal memory
    (expandable to 128 GB)
    Performance
    3 GB RAM
    Screen
    5.5-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440 )
    AMOLED technologies in
    Battery
    3000 mAh
    Qualcomm ™ Quick Charge ™ 3.0
    Connection
    GSM / EDGE / 3G / HSPA + / LTE-CAT6
    Camera
    16 MP rear 8 MP with flash Front Camera
    Super Zoom (up to 4x) Auto Focus
    4K Video Recording feature
    Video Stabilizer (EIS)
    Ultra-fast shooting (0-second delay)
    HD 1080p @ 60fps video
    Shlomo (720p @ 120fps)
    Handheld Recognition (Jester Capture)
    Geotagging
    Real-time Facial Beauty
    Other features
    WiFi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS, NFC, HD Audio
    Box Contents
    Vodafone Smart Pro 7,
    Charger,
    USB Cable, Headset
    Quick Start Guide,
    Product Safety Information,
    Mobile Phone User's Guide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I like this alot, I wonder who makes the Amoled panel in it and is it a decent quality one. Looks abit of a beast to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I like this alot, I wonder who makes the Amoled panel in it and is it a decent quality one. Looks abit of a beast to be honest.

Definitely a step up from Vodafone. Happy to seee this since the Smart Ultra 7 didnt look like much of an upgrade!

WQHD screen, quick charging, fingerprint scanner and 4K with EIS are great features!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Wow! Vodafone are really stepping up their game. AMOLED display sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any hint on price? Be around €180-190 maybe?

dahat wrote: »

I doubt it, I'd say this will be the 250 mark or abit more. They can't make it too high though as not many will pay too much for an own brand phone. The regular ultra 7 will probably be around the 180 mark.

• Advertisement

I doubt it, I'd say this will be the 250 mark or abit more. They can't make it too high though as not many will pay too much for an own brand phone. The regular ultra 7 will probably be around the 180 mark.

Bit pricey but i suppose it is a decent upgrade from the original 6.

I agree with StereoSound. 250ish would still be a good price, excellent compared to some of the phones in bricks and mortar shops.

It looks great in these videos

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

This will definitely be the dark side of €200. It's not far off Oneplus specs so I won't be surprised if the price is similar initially. I reckon between €240 to €250 so hopefully it's less.

The single most important thing however is whether it will be as easily unlocked as the Smart Ultra 6 is. If it is easy to do and under €240 I'll be punching grannies out of the queue in the Vodafone shop to get one.

The Smart Ultra 7 doesn't look bad but its not much of an upgrade from the Ultra 6. I can see that being €200 at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Was looking at getting maybe a Oneplus 3 but this looks like a decent step up from the r ultra I currently have and love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

At Modaco they say it's based on the Alcatel Idol 4s.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377282-smart-ultra-pro-7-are-on-the-horizon/

Looks nice and bang up there with current specs.

However if the smart ultra 6 is anything to go by, this will be stuck on Marshmallow and Android N will never see light of day.

That's one major negative for me anyhow, enough to prevent me from buying it. May not be a factor for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Is there any word yet on when this is going to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If Alcatel, could it be as tricky to unlock as the Smart Prime 6 was?

j_mo wrote: »
    Is there any word yet on when this is going to be released?

No. On the turkish site, you can leave your details and they'll contact you when its available. They only take turkish numbers.

Do you think this phone would be much of an upgrade over a Oneplus 2 if at all? I'm liking the idea of having a 16mp camera and a quad HD Amoled screen. But support could be little or nothing on this similar to how the Ultra 6 was. I love my Oneplus 2 but this caught my eye and I'm thinking now. I would probably go for this if it can be unlocked and is no more then 250 odd.

Do you think this phone would be much of an upgrade over a Oneplus 2 if at all? I'm liking the idea of having a 16mp camera and an Amoled screen. But support could be little or nothing on this similar to how the Ultra 6 was. I love my Oneplus 2 but this caught my eye and I'm thinking now.

I think it would be a downgrade. I think the camera would be better on the OP2 (Better sensor, probably a lower aperture for better low light performance, better sensor, laser autofocus and Optical Image Stabilisation).

Not sure about the AMOLED display but its the same resolution.

Id be buying it as a present or backup, not to replace my OP2.

I think it would be a downgrade. I think the camera would be better on the OP2 (Better sensor, probably a lower aperture for better low light performance, better sensor, laser autofocus and Optical Image Stabilisation).

Not sure about the AMOLED display but its the same resolution.

Id be buying it as a present or backup, not to replace my OP2.

Just dawned on me there my Oneplus 2 has 4gb ram and the pro has 3gb ram.
    We don't really know which snapdragon processor exactly is even in this model either. I'm not thinking it's an 810 but probably a 650 or 652 now that I think of it.

Just dawned on me there my Oneplus 2 has 4gb ram and the pro has 3gb ram.
    We don't really know which snapdragon processor exactly is even in this model either. I'm not thinking it's an 810 but probably a 650 or 652 now that I think of it.

Its the 650

53 seconds in

The 650 is using A72 cores and A53 cores. The 810 in the one plus 2 is using A57 and A53.

I'm gonna research this and see if there are any gains compared to the 810. Newer core architecture in the 650 so it seems. Also the adreno 510 GPU. Interesting.

EDIT: Just what I gathered myself looking around online, the adreno 510 on the 650 is a fair bit slower then the adreno 430 in the 810 chipsets. Its more inline with the Adreno 418 on the 808 chipset which is still very decent. The general performance benchmarks for the 650 and 810 on AnTuTu are pretty close which makes the 650 abit of a beast.

Hoping it was a 652 based on other forums but I wont turn my nose up at a 650.

Personal experience suggests alcatel phones can be difficult to unlock: the smart turbo 4 and idol 3 were a pain so I am wary for now.

Turkish prices are hopefully not fully reflective of the price: €425 after conversion for pre order is what they're going for but lots of electronics more expensive there. The ultra 7 is €275/335 for pre/rrp.

Amoled is 1440p and battery stays at 3000mAh: I don't see it lasting the bones of 2 days on a charge.

• Advertisement

They can have it at those prices, shocking.

Those conversion rates wouldnt reflect what they would sell them here for. Not a chance they would be advertised at those prices.. Who would fork that out over the popular branded phones?

Vodafone can send them back to China to the Alcatel or ZTE factory or whoever it is that is rebranding them if they think they can flog their own brand phones at Samsung prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

biebiebie wrote: »
    At Modaco they say it's based on the Alcatel Idol 4s.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377282-smart-ultra-pro-7-are-on-the-horizon/

Looks nice and bang up there with current specs.

However if the smart ultra 6 is anything to go by, this will be stuck on Marshmallow and Android N will never see light of day.

That's one major negative for me anyhow, enough to prevent me from buying it. May not be a factor for others.

If I've learned anything from software updates on phones it's that they generally cause more harm than good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They can have it at those prices, shocking.

Why so? At the end of the day, it will be competitively priced for the specs it has. If it's outside your budget, buy a cheaper phone.

Hoping it was a 652 based on other forums but I wont turn my nose up at a 650.

Personal experience suggests alcatel phones can be difficult to unlock: the smart turbo 4 and idol 3 were a pain so I am wary for now.

Turkish prices are hopefully not fully reflective of the price: €425 after conversion for pre order is what they're going for but lots of electronics more expensive there. The ultra 7 is €275/335 for pre/rrp.

Amoled is 1440p and battery stays at 3000mAh: I don't see it lasting the bones of 2 days on a charge.

Where are you getting these prices from? I can't find them on the Vodafone Turkey site :confused:

Those conversion rates wouldnt reflect what they would sell them here for. Not a chance they would be advertised at those prices.. Who would fork that out over the popular branded phones?

I think you're right about that. I did have a caveat that stated that Turkey tends to pay more for electronics which reflects the higher price there. I can only speculate that they have a similar regime to India where phones imported are subject to a rake of import duties, levies and taxes.
    Where are you getting these prices from? I can't find them on the Vodafone Turkey site
    They aren't. I did a bit more digging.

422478929367.jpg
    With xe.com those are the prices of the items I got.

If you want to trawl a Portuguese forum here there is a post that mentions 1399 TYL. You'll also notice the link states that it has a snapdragon 652 though the blurry video linked earlier confirms a 650. I'm happy when Antutu tests show a benchmark just behind a Galaxy Note 5 for what that is worth.

Here are some more stats to mull over.

With this being made by Alcatel/TCL I think more and more that it will be more difficult to unlock than the ZTE-made Ultra 6. If it is there might have to be some sort of unlock code swapping arrangement sorted if anyone is willing.

422478929367.jpg

Thanks

More importantly, according to the pic the release date in Turkey is July 1st for the Smart Ultra 7 and Smart Pro 7. (Google tells me Tammuz is July)

___

Can we abbreviate the phones to SU7 and SP7... typing them out in full adds up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is that tablet like? Is it a 7 or 10 inch? Reckon there is a big shortage of decent 9/10 inch Android tablets at the price you can get a very decent phone for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

What is that tablet like? Is it a 7 or 10 inch? Reckon there is a big shortage of decent 9/10 inch Android tablets at the price you can get a very decent phone for now

Is this is site is any good then:

http://shiftdelete.net/vodafone-smart-tab-7-ozellikleri-ve-fiyati-71816

Smart Tab 7 Located 10.1-inch IPS screen in full HD resolution, while the 2 GB of RAM, as well as expandable to 16 GB with microSD card is given to the internal storage location.

5 megapixel rear and 2 megapixel camera accompanied the tablet front, to offer users long battery life 5830 mAh capacity is supplied from the battery.

Vodafone Smart Tab 7 will go on sale on August 1 with a TYL749 price tag. However, the phone will be provided specially From TYL 699 sales to users who want to buy the pre-order.

hopefully that price is a mistranslation :eek:
    edit: rrp seems to be TYL699 which is about €230

• Advertisement

Someone mentioned that the turkish generally pay more for electronics

Advertisement