Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homestore may offer - Half price bbq's, light luggage and summer duvets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Does anybody know if the BBQ's are any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Does anybody know if the BBQ's are any use?

yea they cook things for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AlanG

BBQ i got last year - 4 burner is great but be careful of the size as they are all pretty big once you get them home. The cover is rubbish if there is any wind around your storage area.
    If they are doing the rotisserie again this year i strongly recommend it as you will be hard pressed to find a reasonably priced one in Ireland at any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Don't you need a 'special code' to avail of the half price offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Story with the "special codes"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,100 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

(Looks out window...)

What about the Winter duvets :P

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

What happens when they're gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Morpork wrote: »
    What happens when they're gone?

They're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

If you click on the link you will see the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Previous thread here on Homstore BBQs from 2014 /2015 ,think they are largely the same brand/models
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90606358
    Might be of interest to anyone purchasing , and esp around gas types , Im going to go for that €120 2 burner for my irregular bbqing requirements.

*From previous experience I think the lower price ones can go out of stock fairly fast , went to get one about a week into the offer last year and they were gone in Cork store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Rooy wrote: »
    Previous thread here on Homstore BBQs from 2014 /2015 ,think they are largely the same brand/models
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90606358
    Might be of interest to anyone purchasing , and esp around gas types , Im going to go for that €120 2 burner for my irregular bbqing requirements.

*From previous experience I think the lower price ones can go out of stock fairly fast , went to get one about a week into the offer last year and they were gone in Cork store.

I saw on B&Q's website that they have reduced the price of their Laguna BBQ, two-burners with side-burner to €98. Does anyone know which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Anyone know if the gazebos are up to much? They have two in there, same size (3m * 3m), look very similar, but one is twice the price of the other. Half price code works on them as well even though they are already have price so just curious why there is such a price difference between them and if the more expensive one is worth the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

You can get them half price instore too if you sign up to a giveaway they do every month, just got three bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

"Summer duvets"

Thats a good one!

Godge wrote: »
    I saw on B&Q's website that they have reduced the price of their Laguna BBQ, two-burners with side-burner to €98. Does anyone know which is better?

I was going to buy the 2 burner one in Homestore this evening , but it didnt really look worth the half price of 120 so left it , the 3+side burner looked better quality.
    I walked across the road to B&Q ,they had a better quality 3 burner Berkley , it had 2 prices on it 185/176 , asked staff member to scan , he said showing 156 so decided to purchase , got even better at checkout when it scanned at 135!
    Will send on link if its on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

are the travel luggage bags any use? anyone bought them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

juneg wrote: »
    "Summer duvets"

Thats a good one!

I have a summer umbrella.Grand when its lashing every day-I recommend one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

are the travel luggage bags any use? anyone bought them before?

Can't comment on the quality of the luggage on offer but for my money the 2.5kg weight of the carry-on size is not "light". That's c.25% of your carry-on allowance used before you pack a thing.

If spending €30-40 on a carry-on you could do a lot worse than this one

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9139099.htm (1.5kg)

To maximise capacity and minimise weight I've given up on trolley bags and use a bag similar to this

https://cabinmax.com/home/225-durham-hand-luggage-backpack-50x40x20cm-0702679485170.html

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I went in yesterday for the carry on luggage and as FDEVINE has said above the bags in side were small. Instead i went for the weekend bag and it fits more than the small carry on and will still be allowed on board. Oh and it weighs less and was still 50% off

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/travel/cloudnine-black-weekend-bag/invt/065520

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Anyone taken a look at the Landmann BBQ on sale in Lidl for €220.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=39240

Seems a good price for a brand name. I think this is the same one on another site http://www.planetbarbecue.co.uk/shop12739.html which has the specs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

I generally find homestore to be overpriced rubbish. When they go half price they are just about same price as comparable products elsewhere. - Remember its half their own made up "rrp" - but some people are fooled by it.

I just don't bother with the store anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I was going to buy the 2 burner one in Homestore this evening , but it didnt really look worth the half price of 120 so left it , the 3+side burner looked better quality.
    I walked across the road to B&Q ,they had a better quality 3 burner Berkley , it had 2 prices on it 185/176 , asked staff member to scan , he said showing 156 so decided to purchase , got even better at checkout when it scanned at 135!

Local b&q only showing it at 185. At what store was it reduced?

Local b&q only showing it at 185. At what store was it reduced?

Mahon Point retail park Cork , on the B&Q website it is showing reduced to £100 sterling , so €135 would be comparable to that

Mahon Point retail park Cork , on the B&Q website it is showing reduced to £100 sterling , so €135 would be comparable to that

Just checked their website , price has reverted to £127 STG there ,so that price must have finished in past day or so unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Got 2 of the single 4 season duvets. Good quality and nice and cosy for the kids beds for the lovely weather we are having at the moment

€20 each is great value.
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/duvets/four-seasons-duvet-single/invt/066136

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I bought the connoisseur 600 bbq and put it together today. I can't find the thermometer for the lid - anyone else buy this bbq and put it together yet?

edit - found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Cotts72

did the exact same last week but didnt make the purchase as I wanted to try and find some reviews on the Berkley. looked far better than the 2 burner laguna which has some bad reviews! may go back and purchase yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Kilteragh

VincePP wrote: »
    I generally find homestore to be overpriced rubbish. When they go half price they are just about same price as comparable products elsewhere. - Remember its half their own made up "rrp" - but some people are fooled by it.

I just don't bother with the store anymore.

I bought my bbq there last year at half price. The exact same model was on Amazon for full price.

Advertisement