Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250g Coffee + Hario V60 Coffee Maker + 8Oz KeepCup - ~€9 delivered (including PM)

Options
  • 12-04-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

It's rare enough I post deals nowadays but thought this deserved a mention.

I spotted this relatively old deal (from Christmas) when looking for a KeepCup offer on HUKD and it still seems to work.

Pact

Click 'Get Started' -> Enter Details -> Use Code 'XMASBEANS' and you'll get £3 off a 250g bag of coffee, plus a free V60 Coffee Maker (worth £15 at Amazon) plus a free 8Oz KeepCup (worth £9 at Amazon).

Screen_Shot_2016_04_12_at_19_46_00.png

Now since delivery mentions postcode, I'm assuming you'll need ParcelMotel (or equivalent) . And this company do send regular subscriptions but you can cancel at any time apparently.

Original deal indicated all delivered for £8.95 plus I'm taking PM into it so I'll work it out at about €15 which isn't bad considering the freebies you get.

EDIT: Hmmmm... about the £8.95, I'm getting this having went through to order confirmation page:

Screen_Shot_2016_04_12_at_19_54.jpg

Couldn't possibly be this cheap.. bargain if it comes through! :eek:

There's a good chance I'll just be getting an expensive 250g of coffee! :D

UPDATE 2: My total has been changed to £3.95 now..

Untitled.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Thanks for posting, this will be class if they honour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thanks Basq, just ordered with DPD Parcel Wizard (best service IMHO). Got the 0.95 as well, will be interesting to see if that's what's billed!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Yeah I'm suspicious of the canceling subscription thing? Is it really that easy? Obviously a regular delivery of expensive coffee to parcel motel would cost a bloody fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ordered it to PM for .95£ and paused my recurring delivery.
    I used Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Meh, waste of coffee, when I was in san francisco everyone was blowing on about the pour over coffee, I gave it a good go in several highly rated places, it extracts far less compounds from the beans than espresso machine giving you a tea like cup of watery coffee. Its a bit like someone watering your whiskey. Plus takes ages waiting for the bearded hipster to make it. Possibly heathier due to less compounds and fines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

Are you able to bail from the subscription service after ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tweej wrote: »
    Are you able to bail from the subscription service after ordering?
    You can cancel account easily under Account menu item anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

@Basq

Right mine is ordered, 95p.... Basq get back in now and change links before some muppet orders 100 of them and Fecks it up for the rest of us:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Is it working OK using PM and an Irish cc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

NATLOR wrote: »
    Is it working OK using PM and an Irish cc?

Seems to be. That's what I used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I tried my home address and it didn't like the eircode:) used pm instead.

I couldn't resist getting it for that price, I really hope canceling isn't too much hassle!
    If it does work I'll feel a bit bad canceling immediately since they have obviously made a large loss! I would allow it to run for a month or two if coffee is good except for the PM costs

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Kinda feel like a d1ck now for ordering! If it works I might contact them to see if they'd consider shipping to Ireland (from the Royal Mail website the postage costs differ by less than £1).

Kinda feel like a d1ck now for ordering! If it works I might contact them to see if they'd consider shipping to Ireland (from the Royal Mail website the postage costs differ by less than £1).
    Their coffee is meant to be incredible.. so I've no problem in keeping subscription up if it's decent - but yeah, couldn't be paying an extra €4 for postage per bag.

I wonder why this didn't go hotter on hukd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Dard23 wrote: »
    I wonder why this didn't go hotter on hukd?
    The original HUKD deal was for £8.95.. and it did go relatively hot. Even at that, I thought it was decent as a KeepCup is worth that alone.
    A plastic V60 isn't worth €15 more like €5
    You're right..

.. actually.. here, this bargain is off lads. Everyone go home... nothing to see here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There in lies the reason why you probably don't post deals anymore :pac:.

This is a great one, always heard about Pact on podcasts and never signed up, this gave me the incentive.

There in lies the reason why you probably don't post deals anymore :pac:.
    You know there's more truth to that than you probably imagine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm in as well. Have paused future deliveries for 30 days and will cancel entirely if received. Would definitely consider keeping the subscription if coffee was good, and they shipped direct however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I have paused my order for 30 days, does this mean the promotional offer will be held back too or just the future coffee orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Thanks. Just ordered 100 of them.

littlejp wrote: »
    Thanks. Just ordered 100 of them.
    1234423587663.jpg

In all seriousness, the Freddo thread made me realise how greedy some people are.... both literally and figuratively.

FYI kids - my amount total has been changed to £3.95 now..

Untitled.png

To be honest, I'm happy to pay that given I wanted a KeepCup but just so you know..

It's a bit sneaky if they don't send a mail acknowledging an error however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

was going to purchase this earlier but then changed my mind,
    thanks OP

then i got this email later in the morning - it might help someone else here thinking of buying something.

I noticed you just started signing up to Pact Coffee but didn't finish. I'm a customer champion here, so I thought I'd get in touch to see if there is anything I can help with.

You're only a couple of steps away from getting fresh coffee deliveries straight to your doorstep. At Pact we focus on 3 things to provide you with the best and the freshest coffee possible:
    We source the finest coffee beans we can find from all over the world.

We lovingly hand-roast them, no more than seven days before sending.

We grind those beans to perfectly suit your brewing method, just moments before shipping.
    To help you decide we're giving away the first bag for £1.
    There's no commitment to this offer so if you don't want to stay on you can cancel anytime after.

Use voucher code 'FRESHCO' when signing up to claim your £1 bag.

dball wrote:
    then i got this email later in the morning - it might help someone else here thinking of buying something.

Also received that last night but then signed up using code from this thread. Ridiculous price of around a euro if it works.

Dard23 wrote: »
    Also received that last night but then signed up using code from this thread. Ridiculous price of around a euro if it works.
    See latest update.. looks like it'll be more than that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Basq wrote: »
    See latest update.. looks like it'll be more than that! ;)

I purchased this morning.

I went into my online banking to see how much had been taken and €4.96 has been taken from my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

I ordered this too last night and now the charge has changed to £3.95. Still a bargain, thanks op! Though I didn't get an email to advise price change.

Samoa Joe wrote: »
    I purchased this morning.

I went into my online banking to see how much had been taken and €4.96 has been taken from my card.
    Yeah, I'd say it's probably stacking coupons / offers of some sort on their online system. Reckon it's still good value.. not as good obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so it's a subscription service?

I also need to use Parcel Motel?

Advertisement