Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon Cinemas Unlmited movies membership €20/€22 per month

Options
  • 06-03-2016 9:11pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Odeon Cinemas have introduced a membership card that allows you to go to as many movies as you like for a fixed €20/€22 per month membership, similar to the Cineworld Unlimited card.

€20 for non Dublin cinemas, €22 to include Dublin cinemas.

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/limitless/

If you are a regular cinema goer then these cards can be great value for money and it is great to see other cinema chains follow Cineworlds excellent Unlimited card. I hope more cinemas chains introduce their own cards.

For those living in Dublin, I have to say the Cineworld Card offers better value. Not only do I think Cineworld is a better cinema then any Odeon with 17 screens, a pub and IMAX, but importantly the unlimited card also offers 20% off food and drink, yes including alcohol in the bar :D

The Odeon card doesn't offer anything off food and drink, so not as good value, but is good for people not living close to Cineworld.

It is a really pity Cineworld has only one cinema in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good stuff.. hope Omniplex follows suit now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Great BA OP.

Just everyone remember it's a fiver to go Wednesday evenings. This is a great bargain if you go any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Thread about it here Boards.ie: Odeon launching Unlimited Card - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057566323

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Quite a few exclusions
    What do I have to pay extra for?
    3D screenings, 3D glasses, ISENSE, Premier seating and any premium screening or seat type.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    Quite a few exclusions

Standard fare surely? They're the more premium price points?

I use three+ to get 2 tickets for a tenner Sunday evening to Thursday. Then collect points on my odeon card which results in something free at least once a month or so.
    4 visits a month for us (which doesn't happen) would cost €40. It wohld take 5 visits for us to get a justification in getting this card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Great informative post - cheers.

Where is Cineworld in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Great informative post - cheers.

Where is Cineworld in Dublin ?

you're joking, surely

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

dodzy wrote: »

No - I don-t know where it is.
    I havn't been 2 the cinema in yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Great BA OP.

Just everyone remember it's a fiver to go Wednesday evenings. This is a great bargain if you go any other time.

Only €4.50 in Waterford and probably all other Odeons outside Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Also, Three customers can get 2 cinema tickets for €10 in any IMC or ODEON cinema Sunday – Thursday all year round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I went to Cinema lately for first time in years to see Deadpool - €12!!!!!

IMC rebranded some of their screens, they have galactic wrote on the wall in big bubbly letters, I think that's all they changed.

I don't think they do any offer and I'm not near any of the other Cinemas.

It'll be years before I go again.

Greedy baxtards!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Currently have a cineworld black card, but bit of a hike in, and always some smelly, noisey **** sitting near us, I blame the townies, and no butter popcorn either.

Think I need a change

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    Quite a few exclusions

Same with the Cineworld card, you have to pay the difference for 3D and IMAX in the first year. If you stick with it for the second year, then 3D is also completely free, thought you still have to pay the difference for IMAX. This is another way that the Cineworld card is better value for those who live close by.
    Saruman wrote: »
    Also, Three customers can get 2 cinema tickets for €10 in any IMC or ODEON cinema Sunday – Thursday all year round.

Great to point that out, but not everyone is with Three, so this BA is for everyone else.
    Etnies wrote: »
    Currently have a cineworld black card, but bit of a hike in, and always some smelly, noisey **** sitting near us, I blame the townies, and no butter popcorn either.

I agree about the lack of butter popcorn, I hate that. However the comment about the townies is uncalled for. I go to Cineworld about once a week and I have to say it is hands down the best cinema in Ireland. I've almost never seen noisey kids or scumbags there. In my experience it is mostly foreigners and professionals living in the city who go there.

Going there to something like Guardians of The Galaxy or Star Wars in IMAX on opening night is a truly incredible experience. Wall to wall fans of the movie who laugh at all the right places and unbelievably both of those movies got standing ovations!!!! Brilliant atmosphere and makes the cinema going experience 10 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,289 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

dont forget 2 for 10 euro Sunday to thurs with 3plus as well,very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

gmisk wrote: »
    dont forget 2 for 10 euro Sunday to thurs with 3plus as well,very handy.

With the 2 for 10e can you buy 2 different movie tickets for 10e or does it have to be 2 people for the same movie?

ciano316 wrote: »
    With the 2 for 10e can you buy 2 different movie tickets for 10e or does it have to be 2 people for the same movie?
    Good question...not sure tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Cinema will likely go the way of the video store. They have a small niche at the moment in terms of being the first release for the blockbusters but I'm betting that will go in time as well. And at the price point they are long-term unsustainable without the likes of a membership card.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

kn wrote: »
    Cinema will likely go the way of the video store. They have a small niche at the moment in terms of being the first release for the blockbusters but I'm betting that will go in time as well. And at the price point they are long-term unsustainable without the likes of a membership card.

You wouldn't think that with the massive crowds at Cineworld almost every night!!

Despite having a fantastic home cinema setup (both a Pioneer Kuro Plasma and a HD projector) I still love going to the cinema.

As I mentioned earlier, with the right crowd of like minded fans, the cinema can be far more fun and social experience then sitting at home on your own. And sometimes it is just nice to get out of the house and go for a meal and movie.

People have long been saying that the cinema would die. First it was the invention of the TV, then VHS, then DVD, then home cinema setups, then internet streaming. Yet the cinema and movie industry continues to grow strongly year on year.

Having said that the cinema industry does have to evolve and innovate to continue to attract people in. Bigger, better quality screens, comfier seats, adult only screenings and policing of no noise/phones, fun themed nights, etc.

In particular the Cineworld/Odeon type cards make going regularly a much easier prospect, similar to how people love Netflix, Spotify, etc.

kn wrote: »
    I disagree totally. I think people will always like seeing a film on a big screen with friends etc, its something to do in an evening. I do agree that some cinema chains do put off customers with price gouging on snacks especially though.

See below
    http://www.scannain.com/movie-news/box-office/box-office-biggest-ever-year-for-cinema-in-the-uk-and-ireland
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/global-2015-box-office-revenue-851749

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2 people for the same movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

bk wrote: »
    I agree about the lack of butter popcorn, I hate that. However the comment about the townies is uncalled for. I go to Cineworld about once a week and I have to say it is hands down the best cinema in Ireland. I've almost never seen noisey kids or scumbags there. In my experience it is mostly foreigners and professionals living in the city who go there.

Going there to something like Guardians of The Galaxy or Star Wars in IMAX on opening night is a truly incredible experience. Wall to wall fans of the movie who laugh at all the right places and unbelievably both of those movies got standing ovations!!!! Brilliant atmosphere and makes the cinema going experience 10 times better.

Last year alone I had, a man on his own which I think had tourettes syndrome shouting and going in and out to the toilet every 2 mins,

3 big obese woman with about 20 shopping bags with their shoes off and feet up on the seat beside us talking and rattling sweet wrappers, I had to walk out before I snapped.

A muslim woman who pulled her headscarf around her head and sat on her phone with her brightness on full, when I asked her to turn it off she said she needs to tell her dad what shes doing, she was in her mid twenties easily.

and countless times of young people talking constantly or taking out their phones, I hit one of them with a malteaser in the back of the head then he put it away.

It's tiring, but most of that is probably Cinema's in general I suppose, and the frequency in which I go too. I think an Odeon visit is well needed, Naas being the most deserted cinema there is ha.

edit : Also went to film fest about 3 or 4 years ago, THE SMELL in the place holy jaysus. When i think 'film fans' I think lads wearing batman tshirts glasses a beard and strong smell of BO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

it looks good but the minimum 12 months contract had put me off, don't do long contracts anymore.

Etnies when that happened, did you go out and tell the staff? In my experience, they are very quick to sort such problems.

As you say yourself, if you go frequently the odd issue will happen, but they are easily fixed. To be honest, you seem to be a little over sensitive being in public.

Etnies when that happened, did you go out and tell the staff?
    You may aswell go home if you have to do that!!!

To be honest, you seem to be a little over sensitive being in public.

Over sensitive to smelly scumbags ruining his Night out/Movie, your comment makes it seem that it's common practice when you're there.

Over sensitive to smelly scumbags ruining his Night out/Movie, your comment makes it seem that it's common practice when you're there.

I go once a week and I can't think of a single incident in the past year.

There really aren't scumbags or young kids at this cinema. From what I can tell, it is mostly 20 and 30 somethings, professionals. I know lots of people from Google, Facebook, etc. who go their regularly. It really is one of the best cinema going crowds I've experienced in any mainstream * cinema in Ireland.

* Obviously indie cinemas like the IFC and Lighthouse can be a bit more high brow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I went to Cinema lately for first time in years to see Deadpool - €12!!!!!

IMC rebranded some of their screens, they have galactic wrote on the wall in big bubbly letters, I think that's all they changed.

I don't think they do any offer and I'm not near any of the other Cinemas.

It'll be years before I go again.

Greedy baxtards!!!!

In fairness, the IMC Galaxy screens are nothing to be sniffed at.

They've brought in 4K screens, proper surround sound and upgraded all of the seating

They've done a fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its for the same movie - but IMC do a movie for a fiver on a Thursday when booking online. Single tickets available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

jonnny68 wrote: »
    it looks good but the minimum 12 months contract had put me off, don't do long contracts anymore.

Ditto. I try to avoid contracts like the plague any more, except where it's entirely unavoidable and with companies that have treated me extremely well for years.

FYI: Three (as in "3" the mobile phone company) customers can get two cinema tickets for €10 Sunday to Thursday, at IMC cinemas around the country including the Savoy on O'Connell St, Dublin. Just download the free 3Plus app.

Also, many cinemas such as Rathmines and Liffey Valley, the tickets are €5 on tuesdays.

They've brought in 4K screens, proper surround sound and upgraded all of the seating

Couldn't tell the difference, all they did was make sure I won't be back with their €12 price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DareGod wrote: »
    Ditto. I try to avoid contracts like the plague any more, except where it's entirely unavoidable and with companies that have treated me extremely well for years.

FYI: Three (as in "3" the mobile phone company) customers can get two cinema tickets for €10 Sunday to Thursday, at IMC cinemas around the country including the Savoy on O'Connell St, Dublin. Just download the free 3Plus app.

Also, many cinemas such as Rathmines and Liffey Valley, the tickets are €5 on tuesdays.

IMC cinemas operate an online Thursday where booking any film online for that day is €5 (€6 for 3D). On Wednesdays they do a €10 deal for ticket and a regular combo. Movies@ do €10 deals on Mondays for ticket and a regular combo. Vue do similar as mentioned above. You can literally cinema shop all weekdays for cheap deals in the cinema.

I bought a 3 SIM card specifically for their cinema tickets and 3 presales. Once off €10 fee paid itself back after two cinema visits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement