Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Console accessories

Options
  • 26-01-2016 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

The thread about bits and bobs. Let me get the ball rolling with with the 3 monthly headset chat. Up until now I've gotten by with the PS4 mic, but its had its time. I'm working on substantially less impressive TV/sound system than I used to have also, so I'd like to get back some of the sound experience through a decent enough headset. Could anyone recommended either a good site or brand to start browsing? What's the going rate for entry level -> decent quality -> pro headsets? What should I look for and what should I avoid?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dude, this isnt a bad headset for the money.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-9019/turtle-beach-marvel-superheroes-headset/

Most the lads swear by the offical sony wireless ones aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,005 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Dude, this isnt a bad headset for the money.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-9019/turtle-beach-marvel-superheroes-headset/

Most the lads swear by the offical sony wireless ones aswell.

Yep, I have the Sony wireless one and I find it brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I see them on Smyths site for e84.99. Is that the going rate? Have Iseen pics of Optimus/Cormac with broken ones? Are they prone to breaking easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    I see them on Smyths site for e84.99. Is that the going rate? Have Iseen pics of Optimus/Cormac with broken ones? Are they prone to breaking easily?

Yeah, the lads have said that you need to be careful when placing and removing from noggin, especially if said noggin is massive. Like all things, if you treat your possessions with the love and care reserved for your significant other, they should last.

I'm using a pair of Turtle Beach PX22's, with the PS4 upgrade kit. Only down side is the mass of wires. The headset has a bloody ridiculously long cable, then with the upgrade kit, that runs from one USB port, with a digital wire running to the back.

Looking to replace with a wireless solution that works with both PS4 and XBone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    What's the going rate for entry level -> decent quality -> pro headsets? What should I look for and what should I avoid?

Entry: some mobile phone set of headphones or whatever came with the PS4 - €5
    Decent: PS4 Official 2.0 Headset - €80ish
    Pro: Turtlebeach P800 - €250ish

Get the PS4 official one, but be careful putting them on and off

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry folks, this kind of topic is more suited to the Playstation or Xbox forums than here. If you want to discuss console accessories here you can always use the off topic thread of course. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement