Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kylemore Cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

acer911 wrote: »

Don't know anything about the dealer in question.
    It's not a bad looking car. However, in my opinion the milage is above average for a potentially less than 2 year old car.
    Also two owners in such a short time span wouldn't sit well with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Don't know anything about the dealer in question. It's not a bad looking car. However, in my opinion the milage is above average for a potentially less than 2 year old car. Two owners in such a short time span would sit well with myself.

My last car was 15 months old with close on 56k km on it, I bought it a month old so was the second owner. It was traded in a year and a bit old, two owners and close on three times the average mileage. There was nothing dodgy or untoward about it. It looked fresher than one on the forecourt with a quarter of the mileage as it happened. Serviced before the time every time, nothing skimped on.

It all depends on the car OP. There are dogs out there but there are also honest cars. Get it checked out before you buy and you could save yourself a few quid compared to other lower mileage ones. My only concern would be that it was an ex rental so check for damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Can't answer your question but that model Clio comes in a beautiful vibrant metallic red, it really makes the car stand out. If you are set on a Clio check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

My last car was 15 months old with close on 56k km on it, I bought it a month old so was the second owner. It was traded in a year and a bit old, two owners and close on three times the average mileage. There was nothing dodgy or untoward about it. It looked fresher than one on the forecourt with a quarter of the mileage as it happened. Serviced before the time every time, nothing skimped on.

It all depends on the car OP. There are dogs out there but there are also honest cars. Get it checked out before you buy and you could save yourself a few quid compared to other lower mileage ones. My only concern would be that it was an ex rental so check for damage.

By it being an ex demo model does that not mean the garage would have registered it and therefore have been the first owner? Thus normal enough that it has 2 owners!?

Also are you mixing up ex rental with ex demo?

Should a car sold by a garage need to be 'checked out'? Is that not the benefit of buying from a garage over buying privately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

http://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Renault/Clio-Dynamique-1.2-75BHP/201214526856077770

That's the red I was talking about. Looks stunning on a sunny day, very striking, similar to the red Mazda are currently doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thanks MuppetCheck, my own theory on buying cars over the last 30 years, is to always look for a car with in or around 12,000 miles/20,000 Km annual mileage. Along with what looks like a reasonably reliable service history. This approach has served me well over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the 141 Clio is an ex rental more than an ex-demo going by the mileage. The mileage is not high by any means but is higher than usual that you would get on an ex-demo.

I believe Kylemore also run another show room next door to them? For the life of me can't think of their name but its Low Cost Cars or something like that I think. Maybe they're unrelated, but I'm convinced they share a space?

I went out to them before about a Grand Vitara which was keenly priced. Had a DPF warning light on the dash and the interior was very worn which put me off. That said, the chap there had it ready for me (I rang earlier in the day) and just threw me the key and let me at it. I took it for a test drive for about 5-10 mins. Was very pleasant and wasn't badgering or annoying me.

They wouldn't let me take the car to a mechanic (but would allow a mechanic to visit their premises, which is a tad redundant without a ramp, in my opinion) so that also worked against them for me.

I think (could be wrong) a big part of their sales game is the stressing of no warranty with any purchase (though I presume that one being a 141 means it'd have a warranty form Renault anyway?).

That said, I could be completely mixing them up with someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Think the place your thinking of is kylemore trade cars. Have a browse through some cheap done deal adverts and you'll find them. If it is them theyre not in the same place. Ones up near Mac Donalds the other is beside Right Price Cars

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Decent dealer and owned by experienced motor trade person.

If you're really interested in the car go see/test drive it and make up your own mind about the dealer/car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

as above. one of the few naas road garages id go near.
    most stuff is trade ins direct from main dealers so not the usual tarted up auction fodder that youd associate with the area. family is in the trade a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stonecipher

Bought a car from them last year, similar to the one your looking at.
    A decent dealer, no hassle, professional unlike a lot of others in the area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement