Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2016 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options
  • 12-01-2016 11:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for discussion of the Mocks. Please restrict all discussion of the 2016 Mocks to this thread. Other threads may be deleted or closed.

A few simple rules to ensure this thread runs as smoothly as possible:
      DO NOT POST REQUESTS - they will be deleted.

[*]NO POSTING OF MOCK PAPERS: Any posts of the actual papers will be deleted and the user posting them will be banned. This also applies to linking to scans of the papers.

[*]SPECIFY WHICH COMPANY THE PAPER IS FROM: it saves a plethora of posts going "is that DEB or ...?"

[*]LOOK BACK THROUGH THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING FOR SPOILERS: the information you want is quite likely to have been posted already, and the more times it gets repeated, the longer the thread gets and the harder it is to find anything. To search the thread, click on "Search this Thread" on the top right of the page, type in your keyword and click "Go". The easiest thing to do is put in your subject alone, without the company/paper/level, and then you should be able to figure out from the results list which one you want.

[*]USE SPOILER TAGS: If you are referring to any specific material on any Mock paper, make sure to use spoiler tags so that people who don't want to know what's on a given paper won't see.

A spoiler looks like this:
      Your text here

To use spoiler tags, highlight the text you want to spoil, and click the spoiler.gif icon.

Posting from your phone? Put in spoilers manually by typing [noparse]
      What you want to say here
      [/noparse]

Use square brackets [ ], not round, no matter how it might appear on mobile!!

[*]We don't encourage people to post info, and we certainly don't encourage people to read ... in fact, my personal advice to all of you would be to make the Mocks as near the experience of the real thing as possible, and go into it blind, and if that means panic, now is a better time to learn to deal with that than the day of the actual exam.

By getting hints, you're really not fooling anyone but yourself.

However, we recognise that you are all old enough to be responsible for your own actions here, and at least this system means that if people are going to post or seek for hints, they are confined to one thread and others can avoid them.

This policy has evolved in this forum over a number of years: it may not be perfect, but we have found it to be the best compromise. This thread is NOT to be used for arguing with those who choose to post or look for hints.

[*]All standard boards.ie rules apply here: no flaming, trolling, personal abuse or spamming. Please remember that txtspeak is NOT welcome on Boards. Using large font / multi-coloured text is also both unwelcome and unnecessary.

If you have an issue with a moderation decision, please PM the Mod in question. Do not argue about Mod decisions on thread.

A bit of clarification on what does and doesn't need to be in spoiler tags:

"English was dire, I ran out of time. My comparative was so rushed." = This is fine. You're not giving away any information about the specific content of the paper. No spoilers needed, post away!

"English was dire, I had no idea what to say for Kingship in Macbeth." = This is not fine. Spoilers please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Not starting mocks until February 1st but I'll definitely post any hints my teachers give me regarding subjects in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

How do you differentiate from the Deb and Examcraft ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How do you differentiate from the Deb and Examcraft ?

I know for sure Examcraft have a bar code on the right top corner. This does not rule out the possibility that DEB have too. Wait until someone can confirm about DEB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

spurious wrote: »
      I know for sure Examcraft have a bar code on the right top corner. This does not rule out the possibility that DEB have too. Wait until someone can confirm about DEB.
      My DEB exams have had the bar code in the left corner on the front if that's any indication :p

Also I know mine are definitely DEB as the empty boxes the exam papers came in are popping up all over the school and they have DEB written on them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

DEB English Paper 1:
      Know about the refugee crisis.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 45 swallace3454

I think my Irish teacher today accidentally told us what poem is coming up on our mocks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kaitlyn2424

I think my Irish teacher today accidentally told us what poem is coming up on our mocks :/
      On my leaving cert mock I think the pros is
      an gnathrud and the poem is geibheann

Please don't forget to use the spoiler tag ^^ :o

[Just checking how this works before I do anything stupid /spoiler]

Anyway that I think is the DEB mock paper but thanks anyway

Tell me did the spoiler work on my last post

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Deb English HL
      Comparitive essay choices includes cultural context

My school used examcraft for my Junior cert so i presume it be the same for mmy LC mocks (spoiler) test run (/spoiler)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

My school used examcraft for my Junior cert so i presume it be the same for mmy LC mocks (spoiler) test run (/spoiler)

Use square brackets instead.

Ha I'm probably getting annoying now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Not doing the mocks because I'm an external candidate but I remember scavenging for spoilers 2 years ago lol. Good luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Don't know which company we get the mocks from unfortunately but my maths teacher pretty much told us everything on the exam we're getting (HL):
      PAPER 1
      Q1. Wordy sequences question: linear and geometric involving logs
      2. Compositual functions / completing the square
      3. Laws of logs/ equations involving logs
      4. Unknown (our teacher is replacing the questions from topics we haven't done yet so she didn't tell us the topics of the ones we're leaving out)
      5. Injective/surjective/bijective functions
      6. Construct root 2 and root 3, prove the root of a prime is irrational, factor theorem
      7. Unknown
      8. Financial maths - be able to change rates from yearly to monthly
      9. Unknown

PAPER 2
      Q1. Unknown
      2. Trigonometry - formula 1-4 proofs
      3. Unknown
      4. Probability - this and Q5 involve tree/venn diagrams, independent events, mutually exclusive events, conditional probability
      5. Probability
      6. Construction and theorem (she didn't tell us which ones!)
      7. Statistics - standard deviation, converting x-values to z-values, central limit theorem, hypothesis tests
      8. Coordinate geometry of circle
      9. Trigonometry (area of triangle), area/volume involving cylanders

Also got some (considerably smaller) pointers for Biology:
      Digestive system, reproductive system, sense organs, skeleton. Long questions on photosynthesis/respiration/ecology as usual. Also today our teacher did a load of revision on the enzyme experiments out of nowhere so they might be relevant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Enhaha

Don't know which company it is but we've been told a geoecology questions is:
      Characteristics of two soils

also a 30 marker is
      Isotacy

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

not sure what paper but geography(probably examcraft as there is examcraft boxes in the room) there is
      a sketch map of brazil and a feature of erosion/deposition and a question on the Paris Basin

Not sure if these are Exam Craft Or DEB but will update as soon as I find out.

Geography
      Environmental vs Economic Interests
      MNC's
      European Policies

Characteristics of a biome

English
      Yeats and Bishop

• Advertisement

Has anyone read the first post???? It says clearly no requests :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maniaxx

Sorry, I actually read the part of no requests, don't know what I was thinking! I'd say study brainwashed my brain :D Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

DEB English: haven't sat it yet guys but this is what our teacher told us
      Comparative:
      Choice between General V&V and CC
      Poetry:
      We've only studied three poets so far (Bishop, Dickinson and Durcan) and two of them will be there. Sorry that's all I've got :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nikkilc

Accounting HL (DEB Mock presumably as that's what my school has always used in the past
      Either Manufacturing or Company incl. Manufacturing for the Final Accounts

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mod note:

Come on, guys. Read the first post. It's even in the title. No requests please.

If all the requests weren't deleted, someone searching for 'English' would be ten times more likely to find 'Has anyone got hints for English?' than what they're actually looking for.

Not that I endorse this whole hints business!

Chemistry DEB Im only giving hints
      Q1 Water Titration
      Q2 Ethene/Ethyne experiment
      Q3 Not Rates of reaction but had come up before
      Q4 VERY nice questions
      Q5 Trends in the periodic table/Electronegativety
      Q6 Part A - Hydrocarbons - there is something different about this question
      Q7 Equilibrium
      Q8 Families of organic chemistry
      Q9 Acids and bases or rates of reactions
      Q10 Oxidation/tests for anions/
      Q11 Water/Stoichemistry

If you have any questions pm me

Does anyone know whether DEB papers or Examcraft papers are more popularly chosen among schools, or is there a fairly even amount of schools buying both of them?

Is anyone going to the corkmaths revision day today

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 15 Enhaha

Went today and thought the Stats part was really good :)

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement