Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with an "outof the box" PC - its urgent!

Options
  • 19-12-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭

My old Dell XPS 430 seems to be doomed so I need to replace it ASAP. I don’t want to build the system myself so Im after something that can be taken out of a box and plugged in and ready to go. A system that will be used for general internet browsing, downloading, playing a bit of music, streaming, some typing and spreadsheets etc etc. A bonus would be the ability to play mid range games such as the Call of Duty and Battlefield games that were released a couple of years ago. Maybe even a system where the graphics card be easily upgraded at a later date.

A DVD (or Blueray) player/writer would be a must also and Id prefer the OS to come with it but I think I can just about manage to buy it separately and install myself if necessary. Id prefer also to get something with about 6GB + of RAM and a 1 Tb hard drive.

I have the monitor, speakers, keyboard, printer etc etc and given the fact that Im hoping to have something up and running before Xmas this is now pretty urgent.

I see “integrated” and “dedicated” graphics but have no idea what is best. Similarly the processors and the likes are double Dutch to me so I would really appreciate any and all help or advice.

Delivery from the likes of Amazon or Argos UK isn’t a problem either as I live beside the border and can get delivery to a N.I. address. My max. budget is about €450 so hopefully I can snare a bargain somewhere with your help of course. For anyone spotting a system on a UK site the sterling rate is probably around 0.70 so divide sterling price by 0.70 to get Euro price.

I have a couple of suggestions myself but feel free to dismiss them out of hand or whatever or maybe even praise them

Thanks in advance.

This

This

This

Edit/ This model (terrible colour though) would tick a lot of boxes but again Id be unsure with regards to processor and graphics card

Comments

Advertisement