Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So this happened:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah that sucks! Did you just slip and drop it?

Im sure it can be plastic weld as long as there is no bits missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Once done, id be getting a nice big rubber mat, Tiles are madness especially with a wet bike and wet boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

If you have the broken bits then yes it can be plastic welded.
    And then resprayed.

Might be cheaper and less hassle to get a 2nd hand part from a breakers of off of ebay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Alkers

Not really sure how it happened, I didn't slip - I musn't have put the stand all the way down, turned around and went to close the garage door and heard an almighty bang.:mad:
    It's only the corner of one panel that needs welding so I think it would be cheaper than a replacement but will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Give Ken a ring at http://www.motorcyclepaintshop.ie/
    My Blackbird went over last year and he did a brilliant job on it, welding and respray/ touch up where needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What a pain in the whole. It does look like it's easily fixed. I wouldn't imagine it would cost more than replacing it would a suitable used part. A lot depends on whether you're lucky enough to get the right replacement without too much trouble.

Going up to a mate who is a panel beater tomorrow to see if he can fix the fairing. Luckily I still have the stock screen otherwise I'd be bulling that the double bubble is smashed!
    I used ken before for some work on my old bike and found him great but I've read some negatives about him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Going up to a mate who is a panel beater tomorrow to see if he can fix the fairing. Luckily I still have the stock screen otherwise I'd be bulling that the double bubble is smashed!
    I used ken before for some work on my old bike and found him great but I've read some negatives about him since.

Get a rubber matt either way. Nice antislip and also nice if she drops accidents happen.

Fitness matts for weights are cheap

Any news,hope its good news.:)

Looking at 180e to get the panel repaired and a few scratches on the tank touched up. Not the end of the world but not a great time of the year for extra expenses

• Advertisement

Looking at 180e to get the panel repaired and a few scratches on the tank touched up. Not the end of the world but not a great time of the year for extra expenses

Not the end of the world as you say.:)

Can you get a tank bag or some storm grips placed on the tank for the future,just incase.;):pac:

Might be the difference between tank damage and no tank damage.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

listermint wrote: »
    Once done, id be getting a nice big rubber mat, Tiles are madness especially with a wet bike and wet boots.

True. I have wet area tiles and you still need to be careful. I have a cheap rubber backed 'runner' mat to park on. Should get one anywhere: Dunnes/Penneys/Pound shop etc

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

It's a bitch.

My bike was knocked off the centre stand by wind last winter.
    Only use sidestand now, except when lubing the chain.

Advertisement