Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use up unused PAYG Sim Card Credit through Google Play

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sure Thing wrote: »
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/how-up-payg-sim-credit-google-play-itunes-2327726

Excellent thread running on using up any outstanding credits on those unused PAYG Sim cards for purchases on Google Play.
    Just used it with a Three Sim, works great.

Yes its called carrier billing, not sure if any other networks have it here yet. If you're with 3 it can be handy especially if you subscribe to Google play music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yes its called carrier billing, not sure if any other networks have it here yet. If you're with 3 it can be handy especially if you subscribe to Google play music.

3 and O2 did it in Éire so just 3 now.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Niemoj wrote: »
    3 and O2 did it in Éire so just 3 now.

If you're an outdoorsy type, it's great for buying the digital Ordnance Survey mapping through the ViewRanger app with your unused Three credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

A small bit off topic, might deserve it's own thread, but I donate to charity at the end of each month to use up credit. Likecharity has a list of hundreds of text to donate charities. Great way to use it up and saves it being wasted on mobile data!

Link/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 sadbob

You can use it to pay toll charges - I find it very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

If you use Xbox and/or Playstation you can use your credit to buy xbox live cards, Playstation plus cards as well as currency cards for each of those networks. Costs a bit more but might suit people if their credit is just sitting there unused.

https://www.hmvgamecredit.com/ Just make sure its set to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

c_k_m wrote: »
    A small bit off topic, might deserve it's own thread, but I donate to charity at the end of each month to use up credit. Likecharity has a list of hundreds of text to donate charities. Great way to use it up and saves it being wasted on mobile data!

Link/

Yeah I tend to do a combination of this and buying apps/paying for Google play music. I really don't use any credit beyond the allowances from topping up each month so it's really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

This is the best thing I've learned this month! I'm so annoyed I've been topping up 20 euro a month with 3 just for the unlimited data and getting to keep the top up amount which I've not been using up!
    Just a side tip, go through the play store and anything you want app or otherwise put into your wish list. Download the my 3 app to monitor your usage easily and see what credit you've gotten left. Just purchase as you see fit then.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Here is a video on how to enable it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1tKJQ8h7Vk

Advertisement