Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peep Show - The Final Series

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Sorry..... Snake

And that was it.... the end!

Snake loose in a kidszone, fade to credits.... okey dokey.

the series could not seem more like a contractual obligation if they tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

So who is Mark gonna end up with?

Sophie's too bluthered to think of & easier to hide in the Kid Kave :P
    Dobby's in NY, will she come back?
    April, looks like Sophie has scared her off?
    Jeremy :eek:;) final twist, finish off the way they started off?

Funny quotes

Hans: “Flop was one of the good guys”

“I’d never masturbate into cashmere, nightmare to wash” – Mark
    More quotes here :P

But it looks like you haven't seen the last of these guys yet, as a new sitcom is in the works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Unlike most here I enjoyed last weeks ep, tonights was poor though. Very flat and unfunny, think I laughed gently twice, hope they end on a bang.

Unlike most here I enjoyed last weeks ep, tonights was poor though. Very flat and unfunny, think I laughed gently twice, hope they end on a bang.

I enjoyed last week's ep also, but to a point where it got a bit weird with Mark+the coke, although i felt more sorry for his ipad!

But here it says here, fans are promised a ‘messy exit’ ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I thought the riding in the jacks might be leading up to yet another Ian. Also Sophie being a drunk all the time? She was fine last series. And nae explanation as to where Jeff is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And that was it.... the end!

Snake loose in a kidszone, fade to credits.... okey dokey.

the series could not seem more like a contractual obligation if they tried.
    The missing pet snake bit is such a tired cliche at this stage Id be surprised if Mrs Browns Boys would touch it nevermind Peep Show, talk about phoning it in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Was that the last ever episode? With such an abrupt ending I figured there might be more next week.

EDIT - I see the last ever is next week.

Jezz: "Sophie is balls deep"

Cut to Sophie in the ball pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Was hoping that the interaction between Mark and his son was going to be a lot more cringe, instead we just had Jez taking him off screen after two seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

So the final episode will be next week. I'll be looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I've heard a good few people say that Mark wouldn't do some of the things he's done this series previously, the show is about 12 years old. I'd imagine the writers wanted Mark to change in that time. He's probably late 30s now and is growing more and more desperate to find "the one".

I'm enjoying this series so far myself. It's not on form with the first 1-4 series or so but still very enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Was reading there, there are tentative plans for a season 10 of Peep, the article was in Nov though

Just saw ep 6, was leaked on facebook, enjoyed it, but left unresolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

For f*ck's sake, use spoiler tags!

In fairness didn't give anything away

smuckers wrote:
    Just saw ep 6, was leaked on facebook, enjoyed it, but left unresolved.

Link?

scroll down a little bit, and you will see it

When you click on link right click and click inspect.

Then on the highlighted part click the arrow, then click the arrow beside media embed, and change display none to display block, and there you go!

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to work

Doesn't seem to work

Says its available be 10 tonight?

Edit: Player comes up with Chrome trick but just black screen not playing video.

Pretty good ending a good few laughs anyway, farewell lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Was the final episode tonight?

Was the final episode tonight?

Is on 4OD for registered users now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They'll be back for a middle aged series apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Thargor wrote: »

Ie: next year? One the reasons this show has unravelled over the years is the aeging of the leads/characters

Thargor wrote: »

That's about 4 years late then eh ;)
    Is on 4OD for registered users now.

Not for me. You got ma hopes up!

La_Gordy wrote:
    Not for me. You got ma hopes up!

You have to register and Smucker's above posted the link it's on the fb page he posted way down, I'm on phone so can't paste it

Here it is, you have to be signed into 4OD:

http://thanks4.channel4.com/video/peep-show-series-9-episode-6-premiere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,288 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

"Norwich are never gonna win the league but they still turn up every week don't they? ...the pricks"
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

They just had to bring back Jeff, didn't they?

Sad that it's ended, but like the last few seasons, it's ended like the Titanic :D
    Although you can understand why it ended, not like Stonehenge :P:P

They just had to bring back Jeff, didn't they?

It was never gonna end well anyway & then Jeff comes back!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

That final shot was perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I though this series was meant to be more cheery? That last episode was depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    I though this series was meant to be more cheery? That last episode was depressing.

Their was interviews where the people involved said we wouldn't be getting a happy ending so wasn't shocked myself.

I'd have loved April and Mark getting it together, but it would have been a relationship built on a kidnapping!:eek:

Lets not forget he spent most of the season trying to split them up, love the character, but he didn't deserve a happy ending.

It was a peep show ending, both of them constantly make the wrong call and screw everything up, think they are destined to be stuck together forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If anyone's interested in the book Jeremy was reading, it's yours for €52.95.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Golden-Fountain-Complete-Guide-Therapy/dp/0963209159

51C2T8B1F9L._SX466_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

RayM wrote: »
    If anyone's interested in the book Jeremy was reading, it's yours for €52.95.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Golden-Fountain-Complete-Guide-Therapy/dp/0963209159

51C2T8B1F9L._SX466_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I think he was taking the piss out of us ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,288 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Rip Van Wankle :pac:

So, is Nana's cottage still on offer, or has Jeff the Scouse prick taken that too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Rjd2 wrote: »

It was a peep show ending, both of them constantly make the wrong call and screw everything up, think they are destined to be stuck together forever.

Yep! The two of them are stuck in that little flat for life bickering and backstabbing their way into old age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭briany

So, is Nana's cottage still on offer, or has Jeff the Scouse prick taken that too?

Doubtful. You offer Mark Corrigan a place to live and you end up balls deep, my friend.

I thought it was a perfect final episode, and probably the best season since 5. Loved Mark telling Hans to shut up. I feel like, with the way Hans goes on, he's had that coming. And Mark punching Jeremy was great as well. The times Mark gets physical with Jeremy can be hilarious, because of their relationship. Jez never quite seems to take it seriously. There's a bit in the first episode of series 5 where Mark 'wrestles' Jez to the floor, and Jez has this look of giddy amusement on his face like, "This is amazing. You're actually wrestling me to the floor! This is happening!" :D

Not a depressing finale at all. Both Joe and April dodged a bullet getting involved with either of those two, so there was a happy ending, just not for the protagonists. But the protagonists are, well, sh*ts.

peteeeed wrote: »

They tried to remake the show before, with Johnny Galecki out of TBBT and Roseanne, but they canned the PoV element, and left the inner thought narration. It was shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

briany wrote: »
    They tried to remake the show before, with Johnny Galecki out of TBBT and Roseanne, but they canned the PoV element, and left the inner thought narration. It was shíte.

well this looks like the peep show writers are involved

peteeeed wrote: »
    well this looks like the peep show writers are involved

It's being written by an American comedy writer according to the article - Karey Dornetto. Very early days, but once you port the show to America, featuring two female leads and written by someone who worked on Portlandia and Community, my feeling is you'll get a show that only shares the name, the 'gimmick' and the fact that there are two leads in common.

briany wrote: »
    It's being written by an American comedy writer according to the article - Karey Dornetto. Very early days, but once you port the show to America, featuring two female leads and written by someone who worked on Portlandia and Community, my feeling is you'll get a show that only shares the name, the 'gimmick' and the fact that there are two leads in common.

Aye, like wi The Office I doubt it'll have the subtleties and nuance that make it excellent.

Advertisement