Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suzuki DR250 djebel

Options
  • 25-10-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Put a deposit on 2 bikes today. 1 being the above mentioned.

Can only find tech specs online. Not much about a review or bits of advice from anyone. And from what ive been told, which im believing, their a rarity in Ireland as the djebel?
    I originally had an idea about getting it going and using it offroad for fun. But if their as rare as hens teeth, i think ill get her looking pretty for weekend road use.
    Would love to hear what some of ye more seasoned bikers think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

If it's anything like the DR350 you can expect good reliability - assuming it's been well maintained of course. I think they were only ever a grey import in the UK so not very common. I do like the big round headlight.
    There's a knack to checking oil level in the tank. Easy to think the level too low.
    RonAyers for online parts fiche. Probably shares a lot of parts with DR350.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Thanks for that! Thought i was down another dead end!
    Yeah ive found out dr250 parts (most anyways) fit the djebel. Its in need of work.mostly wiring.
    Bike was locked in a shed with a stray dog for a night, wasnt pretty.
    Seat, side fairings, air intake pipe and headlight to get her on the mend

Poor bike, poor dog! Nice winter project.
    You should be able to find a manual online. If not, I have a DR350 one on PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Had the DF200 version - great bike (should have kept it.............)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Had the DF200 version - great bike (should have kept it.............)

I had to search for a photo. I like it! DF could be "Defence Forces"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had to search for a photo. I like it! DF could be "Defence Forces"

here ya go: https://galwaytt.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Bikes-I-have-known/i-9nxcdNm/0/M/Image033-M.jpg

:)

...it's an Oz spec bike, and isn't listed the motorcycle section of the Suzuki site - it's actually listed under the farm equipment section (along with quads etc) is it has some oddball stuff on it.

If anyone knows anyone ever bringing back a container from Oz, let me know....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement