Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage in the UK as an Irish man

Options
  • 30-09-2015 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Ok so here it is,I moved to the UK about 18months ago,is there anybody that has moved here and gotten a mortgage fairly quickly,is there a minimum time when its allowed,have an appointment coming up with a mortgage advisor but would be good to know in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

manutd83 wrote: »
    Ok so here it is,I moved to the UK about 18months ago,is there anybody that has moved here and gotten a mortgage fairly quickly,is there a minimum time when its allowed,have an appointment coming up with a mortgage advisor but would be good to know in advance,

A lot will depend on your credit history i.e. have you had a credit card and cleared all balances each month? Are you on the electoral register? Do you have utilities in your name and have they been paid on time?

You can check how good it is for free on Experian. If its not great, your chances are not great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Do you currently have a credit card or other loan in the UK to build up a credit rating? I wouldnt be too keen to buy in London. The market seems ripe for a correction

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

History us fine and I'm on electoral register,I just seen somewhere that you can apply till on the country for a certain amount of time,just wondering about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

manutd83 wrote: »
    History us fine and I'm on electoral register,I just seen somewhere that you can apply till on the country for a certain amount of time,just wondering about that

Bank dependent but generally between 1y - 2y residency. Your mortgage advisor will clear it up for you. Alternatively, ring Which. They give objective mortgage advise about all institutions and can recommend conveyancing solicitors

Advertisement