Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI110 JFK SNN

Options
  • 29-09-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Looks like EI110 could be in trouble. Circling off Long Island shortly after takeoff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭pajoguy

FR24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

pajoguy wrote: »
    FR24

Thanks. Am on mobile and wasn't giving me a option to post a screens hot. However it is now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looks like it's back on the ground in jfk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Mother in law was on it... She's already asleep in her hotel... Ready for another unplanned day of shopping no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Small brake fire after landing heavy apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sounds like training kicked in and the crew handled the situation expertly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Does that suggest they had no flaps upon landing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

The news video on Independent.ie is comical

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Using a 737 on this route? According to indo article.

EDIT They must be reading this thread as theyve amended the website to show 757 !!

kub wrote: »
    Does that suggest they had no flaps upon landing?

Thats what they are saying, although the flaps appear to be extended somewhat in the picture above, although they look like they are set for take off, so perhaps they couldn't be retracted initially, and also extended further for approach/landing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

eusap wrote: »
    The news video on Independent.ie is comical

Yeah, looks like a sketch straight from Family Guy! 'Hi, I'm Tom Tucker', 'Over to Tricia Takanawa in JFK', ' Back to you Tom'. The melodramatics of the video is hilarious :D

Anyway, kudos and credit to the crew as always. Sounds like a job well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I can't wait for the DailyMail to publish an article on this! :p

Skuxx wrote: »
    I can't wait for the DailyMail to publish an article on this! :p

and still blame Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I noticed they mentioned problems with flaps in the various articles I've read, presumably due to the hydraulic failure, does the 757 not have an option to retract/ extent flaps electrically like in the 737?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

The reason the flaps look like they are down when it's stopped on the ground is the lack of hydraulic fluid, gravity will drop them down as there is no pressure to keep them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I heard a bit of the audio on Pat Kenny - very calm and collected.

Someone posted a link to an ATC forum that says has the audio, but seems to be gone now ?

edit http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/ein11ea-hydraulic-failure/

says attached audio but there is none ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

I heard a bit of the audio on Pat Kenny - very calm and collected.

Someone posted a link to an ATC forum that says has the audio, but seems to be gone now ?

edit http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/ein11ea-hydraulic-failure/

says attached audio but there is none ..

You need to sign in to view.

ElNino wrote: »

Some epic comments though stating that it was an Airbus! and for the DM to 'check it's facts'

The article doesn't help though with a picture of an AL A320

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

ElNino wrote: »

Pretty informative infact.

My eyes hurt after looking at the comments...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

My god those comments are horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

The reason the flaps look like they are down when it's stopped on the ground is the lack of hydraulic fluid, gravity will drop them down as there is no pressure to keep them up.

That doesn't happen with those flaps.only aircraft I can think where that happens is the inboard L/E Krueger flaps on a 737

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Glad everyone arrived safely and it was a happy ending.

However, this got me thinking of a few questions I would like to ask which I am sure the experts here would have an idea.

1)What happens to this plane now and how long will it be out of action for? I presume it will be transferred to a local hanger to be repaired, would Aer Lingus mechanics fly over to oversee the repairs or would they out-source the work?

2) What kind of safety checks would the aircraft go through before it would be allowed to fly commercially again? Would it need to go through an entire flight check or just the problem \ system areas?

3) Does the Carrier foot the repair bills or would be the manufacture (if it turns out to be a fault with a part rather than a maintenance issue?

Thanks lads,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

djsim101 wrote: »
    Glad everyone arrived safely and it was a happy ending.

However, this got me thinking of a few questions I would like to ask which I am sure the experts here would have an idea.

1)What happens to this plane now and how long will it be out of action for? I presume it will be transferred to a local hanger to be repaired, would Aer Lingus mechanics fly over to oversee the repairs or would they out-source the work?

2) What kind of safety checks would the aircraft go through before it would be allowed to fly commercially again? Would it need to go through an entire flight check or just the problem \ system areas?

3) Does the Carrier foot the repair bills or would be the manufacture (if it turns out to be a fault with a part rather than a maintenance issue?

Thanks lads,

Good questions but there is another party involved as the 757 was wet leased from Air Contractors. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on here will know whether the operator or owner are usually responsible for repairs on wet leases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

The aircraft isn't wet leased - it's operated by ACL, they will be responsible for all repairs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

What a load of sh one t. Sorry to be so direct but hog wash and me don't see eye to eye. ��

If the flaps are not working due hydraulic failure, alternate flap is used which is powered by electric servo motors. The flaps won't move due gravity after landing.

Look up smart cockpit , trawl up b757 manuals and root through to the section on flight controls, sub section flaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Gear doors look open in the picture. Does that suggest a gravity extension?

Air Contractors will pay. There's likely maintenance available at jfk. They'll repair the fault. There's also a check that has to be done after an overweight landing AFAIK.

Advertisement