Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Good Wife Season 7 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

Starts tonight. :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

furiousox wrote: »
    Starts tonight. :)

Which channel

Premieres on US tv tonight.
    Will be available for download on "certain websites" tomorrow.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eli is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I would have preferred
    Marissa Gold as Alicia's assistant instead of Grace
    . She was a very entertaining character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Jane Curtin as the judge was a laugh with the various job titles.

"Suction expert ? - now you're having a laugh ?"

Yes, we were back in five and dime hooker court.

And the sobbing drug baron. Priceless. Oscar for Best Extra bagged and tagged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Frenetic, winding, multi stranded, compelling....The Good Wife is back and how!

Great to see Alicia going back to basics and practicing law again. I really like the new female lawyer and hope she's in it for the long run.

Eli is a man scorned and on a mission to bring Peter down. Hell hath no fury, eh?

I love this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Did anybody else cop that the intro (and outro) music track used was none other than I'm Sorry by the Hothouse Flowers?
    There's a blast from the past!

• Advertisement

Did anybody else cop that the intro (and outro) music track used was none other than I'm Sorry by the Hothouse Flowers?
    There's a blast from the past!

...and a nice little addition to the pension pot for the Brothers Benzini.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a great addition to the show and even in his few minutes in this weeks he was a standout.

Another enjoyable and entertaining episode, getting back to it's best.

CPL 593H

Jackie's back :D:D:D

Jackie's back :D:D:D

I wonder does she know that her new Romeo likes to air his wobbly bits in from of the associates. Not to mention Alicia's mum .... drunk as ever. I thought the cookery program was going to turn into cocktail hour.

The twists!
    The turns!
    The intrigue!
    The Good Wife is great again!

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I love that we found out tonight Alicia was fired from the law firm. I cant wait to find out the real story with the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The writers have really returned to form this season. The show really went downhill the last couple of years with Will being killed off and the whole Alicia/Kalinda not being able to be in the same room debacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is a lawyer allowed to reveal a FBI sting to random people?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

This is the year of Eli

• Advertisement

is a lawyer allowed to reveal a FBI sting to random people?

No...but the FBI would not be interested in publicising a cock-up the size of that "sting". The judge would be well within his rights to kick that case and everyone involved out of his courtroom bribe or no bribe.

'twas ok, not as lively as the previous episodes but still ok.

CPL 593H

Jeffrey Dean Morgan must be loving this gig very few lines and just a few cheeky smiles :D

Once again Eli is just stealing the show but he is followed closely by Howard with his mediation & sensitivity training

Marissa's back...yay!!

Alicia's storyline has become so much more interesting this season. Last year she was dull and unlikeable, but they've gone back to basics and made her the scrappy underdog making her way in the big bad world of law again. I really like her new partners too; both Lucca and Jason are played really well and are great additions to the show.

The machiavellian plottings of Eli also continues to play well - I really hope he brings Ruth down....

Only downside so far is the shunting off into the wings of Cary, Diane and David (sadly lacking this episode), who have been reduced to playing out some pointless farce with the world's most inept lawyer, Howard (how on earth did he become partner of a law firm in the first place??!) Baranski deserves better quite frankly.

Still, I'm loving this season so far - great to see it back on form. For me, it's back to being the best show of the current crop.

^ I'm looking forward the spin-off. Howard - His Rise and ehhh.... Staying There.
    He's a clown, who enjoys the finer things in life even if some of the finer things have human rights these days. Unlike most idiots, he can also being in a multi million dollar client before breakfast when he chooses to and when there's nothing worth watching on TV, have the senior partners humiliate themselves willingly.

Seriously, guys like him are there for name and reputation. He probably won a few landmark civil rights cases and taught a few Supreme Court Justices how to clerk.

As far as I remember they brought Howard back into the firm to win some vote a few seasons back.

...and Howard was the least doddery of the doddery old gits. Most were happy to be pensioned off but Howard still had venom and stuck around.

Jerry Adler probably told Julianna Margulies about the time he screwed Sam Goldwyn over a contract and about how it was in her best interests to give him steady work. And the phone number of the good looking broad who plays your mother in law. Y'know, quick like while you're at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Good Wife; one of those stealth shows that I idly watched with my SO in passing, only to get utterly and completely hooked :)

Season 7 has been a real kick in the pants for the show; I found 6 quite tedious and excessively leaned towards Kalinda for stories and drama, and while I've no idea what others' opinions of her were, I found her character & story thoroughly dull & uninteresting. Sometimes TV shows really falter when a main cast-member departs; the Good Wife, on the other hand, has actually blossomed. And while Alicia has started on her own before, this time it feels more compelling, really letting her duke it out at the bottom (as opposed to Florrick & Agos, where it still felt like an offshoot of their old firm). The Bond Court material has been fascinating - and more than a little depressing, depending how true to life it is.

That said, you can really tell the writers have no idea what to do with Cary and Diane: their inclusion feels like a broad exercise in wheel-spinning, checking in on them just to assure us they're still alive. They have nothing to do and without Alicia as a fulcrum, have no real business being on the show - which would be a shame were that to come to pass. In fact it strikes of desperation that they're manufacturing drama out of Howard's discontent. He has been an easy point of comedy all right, but the ageism stuff has nowhere to go.

^^
    Completely agree with you about the ageism plot, but still...

.....Flaccid-o Domingo :D

the jumping into a case without asking basic questions of your client its too much to believe

although maybe its all to contrast the stogy big company versus seat of your pants start-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,967 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya, I'm delighted these guys are back. I thought they were fairly funny in previous seasons.

I'm enjoying this season so far, way more than last year. Maybe it was the people who played Kalinda and Alicia not getting on that dragged the show down for a while. Well I'm happy it has improved anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I don't think the real NSA will be too pleased at their portrayal but if one is to believe what Ed Snowden said it sure is realistic!

The show has really returned to form this year after a few lean seasons.

• Advertisement

ElNino wrote: »
    I don't think the real NSA will be too pleased at their portrayal but if one is to believe what Ed Snowden said it sure is realistic!

The show has really returned to form this year after a few lean seasons.

Based on the true history of espionage down the years from WWII (sort of not ****-up of Enigma) , Cold War larks of Philby investigating himself - I'm going with idiots and singing goats over malevolent geniuses.
    Myself and the 80 year old aunt actually make it a point to drop hot words into our transatlantic phone calls. Assassination, terrorism, Syria, Jordan, Enda Kenny. You get the drift.
    And yes....goats need to reclaim pop culture from cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hyzepher wrote: »
    As far as I remember they brought Howard back into the firm to win some vote a few seasons back.

IIRC it was to do with Lockheart/Gardener and kicking them out as tennants. They needed a name partner for such and such a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When's it back on e4

2smiggy wrote: »
    ya, I'm delighted these guys are back. I thought they were fairly funny in previous seasons.

I'm enjoying this season so far, way more than last year. Maybe it was the people who played Kalinda and Alicia not getting on that dragged the show down for a while. Well I'm happy it has improved anyway :)

they replaced her with another POC

How you doing Eli

Alan Cumming's facial expressions are just so fun.

• Advertisement

Alan Cumming's facial expressions are just so fun.

Poor Eli....the little chess pieces aren't meant to screw each other.

Eli banging the door into the desk never gets old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I must say Alicia's happiness and confidence in this latest episode made her look incredibly sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

She is stunning looking but I didn't realise what a great body she had. It's hard to believe that she is 49.

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    She is stunning looking but I didn't realise what a great body she had. It's hard to believe that she is 49.

I'm still in the Kalinda camp. When the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, you can watch her play with her friend.
    But yes, Alicia, I'd not throw you out of bed for eating Taytos.

so they had alicia get on the committee and she vote the way she was told to and then make it not matter and make yet another vote a cliffhanger!

Those voting machines haven't had their last say

Yay Eli getting himself a new woman :P

Grace played a blinder. $$$$ :D

Yay Eli getting himself a new woman :P

Grace played a blinder. $$$$ :D

it was blind, she decided to ring some random number in her bosses work diary !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
Advertisement