Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you recommend?

Options
  • 18-08-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi

This is 5 pieces of music I currently have in a playlist on Spotify. I'd love to add to it but not necessary with the usual best of Classical music. Any recommendations would be great? I'm a classical music newbie really....

http://postimg.org/image/p7j4896zd/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi

This is 5 pieces of music I currently have in a playlist on Spotify. I'd love to add to it but not necessary with the usual best of Classical music. Any recommendations would be great? I'm a classical music newbie really....

http://postimg.org/image/p7j4896zd/

sorry can't read it - name the five...

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Well, for a start you can try the other Gymnopedies. Also, you only seem to have an exerpty from the Carnival of the animals, so you can grab the whole thing. Does spotify not suggest music to you? I don't honestly know a whole lot about classical either, so i often just let a youtube playlist play and see what takes my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

dibkins wrote: »
    Well, for a start you can try the other Gymnopedies. Also, you only seem to have an exerpty from the Carnival of the animals, so you can grab the whole thing. Does spotify not suggest music to you? I don't honestly know a whole lot about classical either, so i often just let a youtube playlist play and see what takes my fancy.

Can't see what you have but:

Barber's adagio,
    Shostakovich's dance macabre
    Tchaikovsky's romeo & juliet fantasy overture
    Greig - Hall of the Mountain King
    Movie theme from Schindler's list
    Movie theme from North by Northwest
    Movie theme from The Big Country

Rachmaninoff - Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini
    Rachmaninoff - C#minor prelude
    Dvorak - from the New World

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

He has:

The Swan from Carnival of the Animals
    End Theme from the Shawshank Redemption.
    Gymnopedies No. 3
    Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5
    Theme from Schindler's List.

Advertisement