Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Teixeira v Saint Preux

Options
  • 06-08-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

221de63c64734c78179d40f5a1905269.png

Date: Saturday 8th August
    Venue: Nashville, TN
    Times: Early Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Odds: Teixeira (5/6) v Saint Preux (11/10)

Don't forget to make your UFC Fantasy Pick 'Em selections!

Who Will Win The Main Event? 19 votes

Teixeira via KO/TKO
    0%
    Teixeira via Submission
    36%
    AxwellMartyMcFly84smilerfKungPaoMr. ManagerJR6John_D80 7 votes
    Teixeira via Decision
    10%
    Johnny Drama_11Wrongway1985 2 votes
    Saint Preux via KO/TKO
    5%
    jjdonegal 1 vote
    Saint Preux via Submission
    42%
    Davei141slicus ricusxtal191DeppshocksyPaully DColinf1212Subcomandante Marcos 8 votes
    Saint Preux via Decision
    5%
    Hoki 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Paully D wrote: »
    221de63c64734c78179d40f5a1905269.png

Date: Saturday 8th August
    Venue: Nashville, TN
    Times: Early Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Odds: Teixeira (5/6) v Saint Preux (11/10)

Don't forget to make your UFC Fantasy Pick 'Em selections!

I'm looking forward to the Rosholt fight that dude is just a wreckingball of wild swinging bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really looking forward to seeing Ray Borg again. Always enjoy watching him fight and his ground game is exceptional.

As for the main event, I'm finding myself siding with OSP. Not sure why Teixeira is favourite given he's coming off a 2 fight losing streak. I think his stock has fallen somewhat. Not by a huge amount but I'd have probably reversed the odds around and can see OSP doing the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sara McMann and Ray Borg miss weight by 0.5 lbs and 0.75 lbs respectively.

What's the story for female fighters who want to strip down to try and scrape the weight? Do they do it backstage? Joe Silva was thinking he was going to get an eye full for a second there :pac:

Looks.like a half decent card, might bet against them so, if the missed weight by that little they must have really pushed to try and make it you'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Teixeira via Decision

What's the story for female fighters who want to strip down to try and scrape the weight? Do they do it backstage? Joe Silva was thinking he was going to get an eye full for a second there :pac:

They usually do it on stage covered in towel in Invicta anyway.

Mcmann made weight on second attempt, Borg will have to give up purse percentage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McCann made weight. She came back out with a towell.
    jcd5971 wrote: »
    Looks.like a half decent card, might bet against them so, if the missed weight by that little they must have really pushed to try and make it you'd imagine
    McCann stripped off and made weight without issue.
    Borg was given an hour but elected not to try cut the 3/4 lbs. He is probably thinking it's better to lose 20% rather than really push to make weight.

Mellor wrote: »
    McCann made weight. She came back out with a towell.

McCann stripped off and made weight without issue.
    Borg was given an hour but elected not to try cut the 3/4 lbs. He is probably thinking it's better to lose 20% rather than really push to make weight.

McCann got it just right so, what do you make of borg fight tho, I'm always curious what goes through there heads when they miss weight, and lose money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Teixeira via Submission
    Haven't seen Teixera looking as fresh for a long time. He looks in great shape.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Teixeira via Submission
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Not sure why Teixeira is favourite given he's coming off a 2 fight losing streak. I think his stock has fallen somewhat. Not by a huge amount but I'd have probably reversed the odds around and can see OSP doing the business.

Look at his 2 losses that gave him that streak...Jon Jones..who everyone was getting whopped by and Phil Davis who just out wrestled him for a decision. Hardly 2 shaming losses..and before that he had a 20 fight win streak.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    McCann got it just right so, what do you make of borg fight tho, I'm always curious what goes through there heads when they miss weight, and lose money
    Borg is a better fighter imo. But I'm surprised he let the purse go without trying. Then again, he's prob only on $12k to show. Maybe he knew he was close to his limit and he'd have a better shot at a $50k bonus without wrecking himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    Borg is a better fighter imo. But I'm surprised he let the purse go without trying. Then again, he's prob only on $12k to show. Maybe he knew he was close to his limit and he'd have a better shot at a $50k bonus without wrecking himself.

If you don't make weight, you're not eligible for a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Only half watching it, but a good ould fashioned bar brawl here for the opener.

that salazar lad was useless

Jonathan Wilson being screen at 0.75X speed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Salazar was very disappointing.

If you don't make weight, you're not eligible for a bonus.

Shit yeah of course. I imagine that's the reason why.
    Borg must be have been goosed then, 3/4 lb is nothing, he'd be halfway there with his pants off

Like everything in my life I was only half paying attention to those early prelims but they seemed excellent.

Feck all defense, someone on the verged of being stopped at any second. Brilliant start to the night.

What a KO by Wilson, he has some power.

cristo-doo-doo and salazar were woeful,

I reckon Kakai might win this by submission, have it done in the Fantasy Picks, but I don't think the fight will go all the way anyway.

• Advertisement

Solid 20 minute interval here befoer the prelim card.

I've moved from bits of James Holden Basics CD 1 32mins-55mins then onto Steve Lawler Global Underground NUBREED CD 1 26 mins -34mins, and now onto Sasha and Digweed Essential Mix 2007 0-12mins.

PM for more details.

shocksy wrote: »
    I reckon Kakai might win this by submission, have it done in the Fantasy Picks, but I don't think the fight will go all the way anyway.

30-27 :confused:

Was sure Kakai had that won on decision

Teixeira via Submission
    I had kakai backed for a sub win as well but as close as the fight was, it was the right decision.

Saenz took a close first round and easily won the third as well IMO.

shocksy wrote: »
    30-27 :confused:

Was sure Kakai had that won on decision

nah saenz, took rounds 1+3

Jaysus. Those two fellas are tinchy. Some good greend and peend by the white chap tho.

edit: chap in the white trunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

That's another good fight tonight.*

*I'm now onto Sasha/Digweed Winter Party Mosney 2001 36mins onwards on mixcloud, an amazing tune from Sandar Kleinenberg Global Underground NUBREED CD 1.

boom

Ortiz won a good fight there

• Advertisement

Teixeira via Submission
    I love Tom Watson when he's on form.

Advertisement