Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1998 CBR 600 BHP improvments with race exhaust and race cluthc?

Options
  • 09-07-2015 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Title says its all really. Its a 1998 CBR 600 so started with about 100 bhp and lost a few over the years. It has a race spec exhaust and end can and i a race spec EBC clutch. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many BHP that would add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

At a guess, I'd say none.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

The easiest way to find the power and torque of your engine is to bring it to a recognised bikeshop that has a dyno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nodster wrote: »
    The easiest way to find the power and torque of your engine is to bring it to a recognised bikeshop that has a dyno

Steve and Kevin up in NDM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

DukeKevin wrote: »
    Title says its all really. Its a 1998 CBR 600 so started with about 100 bhp and lost a few over the years. It has a race spec exhaust and end can and i a race spec EBC clutch. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many BHP that would add?

What exhaust is it ?? If its a carb bike, then its going to need rejetting or if its a fuel injected its going to need a remap. The clutch isn't going to ad anything to a road bike to be honest. Heavier clutch springs are all thats needed when you have silly big power numbers, which you wont get from a CBR600.

By the way is it a CBR600F or CBR600RR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

You probably have about 90 how at the wheel. If you want honesty like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I don't know why you'd need it for Irish roads but if your looking for more poke your best bet would be to change out the front sprocket, instant and very cheap..

Have a look at
    http://www.gearingcommander.com for info on what a sprocket change will do

Advertisement