Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 2 **US Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Brilliant stuff again this week..tension, humour you couldn't beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

delaney001 wrote: »
    Another belter of an episode this week.
    You could see straight away where Mike Milligan was headed once he put down that phone. It really has been a bad week for the Gerhard family... And it looks like its getting no better.
    It's hard not to love the cop, Hollys dad (name escapes me). He has great timing, with a cool and calmness that he doesnt try to over sell.
    It's just a glorious show, cant wait for next week.

I believe that's Ted Danson. He used to be a major league alcoholic baseball player who ran a place in Boston called Cheers. Just compliment him on his hair and you're winning. Seriously, if you haven't seen Cheers yet, watch it - dated a little but still funny as a roomful of drunks.

93854288a5bbd1927c7434a21856e382307047ab180e986e1fdd2aa55404697c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cracking episode again, I think Dunst needed to do a bit more to Bear though. The frustration of Lous father in law, the cop, talking to her about what is happening is great.

I think it'll all come to a head in Sioux Falls now. Hate waiting a week between episodes.

Mushy wrote: »
    Hate waiting a week between episodes.

Indeed, biggest mistake I made...impatience. Would love to have this to binge watch!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Indeed, biggest mistake I made...impatience. Would love to have this to binge watch!

Could wait 4 weeks and binge watch the end....but no, won't happen.

Mushy wrote: »
    Could wait 4 weeks and binge watch the end....but no, won't happen.

Nope...too invested in it now. Lay on Fargo, and damn be him who first cries, hold enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

I believe that's Ted Danson. He used to be a major league alcoholic baseball player who ran a place in Boston called Cheers. Just compliment him on his hair and you're winning. Seriously, if you haven't seen Cheers yet, watch it - dated a little but still funny as a roomful of drunks.

93854288a5bbd1927c7434a21856e382307047ab180e986e1fdd2aa55404697c.jpg
    no Mollys Dad is Lou played by Patrick Wilson, he's been top class. Ted Danson plays Betsy's ( Mollys mother) Dad.

There was no overt UFO references this week was there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

PIORUN wrote: »
    no Mollys Dad is Lou played by Patrick Wilson, he's been top class. Ted Danson plays Betsy's ( Mollys mother) Dad.

Yes that's who I was referring to. He is excellent to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The GF really did drop off this show at the wrong time :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

glasso wrote: »
    Another very good episode. I guess Milligan figured fat chicks are like mopeds -> you don't want your friends to see you on one.
    The only think that I don't get is why Sheriff Ted Danson left Kirsten Dunst's gaff (she hasn't aged welll for 33 although maybe they are laying off the war paint, which reminds me injun' Joe wasn't as sharp as he usually was in this episode) - did they tie up yer man Dodd or what?

Where are you getting this ridiculous notion that that girl is fat or KD looks old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great Cesars Ghost !! what a cracking episode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

"You're a little touched aren't ya"

"You're a little touched aren't ya"
    quote of season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

From episode 5 - "my mother could find the cloud in every silver lining".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I thought the lawyer was amazing. Gun pointed at him talking absolute ****e. This week's episode was the best so far for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

I thought the lawyer was amazing. Gun pointed at him talking absolute ****e. This week's episode was the best so far for me.

His pontificating was right on the verge of becoming annoying but he pulled it back brilliantly when explaining the fathers options outside, with a shotgun in his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Another very good episode. I guess Milligan figured fat chicks are like mopeds -> you don't want your friends to see you on one.
    the "chunky-but-you-would" daughter girl.....
    Where are you getting this ridiculous notion that that girl is fat or KD looks old?

So I'm not the only one who thinks his comments are ridiculous.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

This and leftovers are head and shoulders above everything else right now

• Site Banned Posts: 14 beard_grower

thought bruce campbell was hillarious as reagan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't forget Peggy's deep thinking:

"Life's a journey, and the one thing you don't do on a journey is stay in one place, right?"

:pac:

Don't forget Peggy's deep thinking:

"Life's a journey, and the one thing you don't do on a journey is stay in one place, right?"

:pac:

the now dead daughter is a big-boned in fairness - she is still pretty.

KD does look old to me in this - maybe that's intentional on the show re make-up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Out of my way, tool-of-state!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

the now dead daughter is a big-boned in fairness

Ah...no. She's not.
    Really enjoying this series. The dialogue and cinematography are just class.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Episode 7 is out there today, a day early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Did it air a day early or is a poor quality rip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Shane St. wrote: »
    Did it air a day early or is a poor quality rip?

Top notch quality. Apparently, Hulu aired S02E07 instead of S01E07 by mistake. So a very understandable clerical error and a quick off the mark ripper led to the mini-leak.

• Advertisement

You should probably spoiler it is you do comment just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

There's going to be a third series :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    There's going to be a third series :D

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fargo-renewed-season-3-fx-1201646886/

FX has renewed “Fargo” for a third installment, Variety has learned. The pickup comes in the midst of the anthology’s second season.

Creator Noah Hawley is set to return to the critically-acclaimed and award-winning series, along with exec producers Warren Littlefield, John Cameron and Joel and Ethan Coen.

Inspired by the Coen brothers’ 1996 film of the same name, each installment centers on a different crime, though no word on what Season 3 will bring.

“Fargo’s” first run, which was set in 2006 and starred Billy Bob Thornton, won three Emmy awards, including outstanding miniseries, two Golden Glove awards and a Peabody Award. The current second season is set in the late ’70s and stars Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons.

Amazing again.
    There is no respect for any character's stature here, they seem to be willing to kill off anybody. There was me thinking The Undertaker was gonna be a key character for the remaining episodes then bang! :) Creates edge of the seat tension and drama second to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Amazing again.
    There is no respect for any character's stature here, they seem to be willing to kill off anybody. There was me thinking The Undertaker was gonna be a key character for the remaining episodes then bang! :) Creates edge of the seat tension and drama second to none.

Glad that happened because I wasn't ready to see
    the end of Mike. He's too smart to let himself be offed like that.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The soundtrack is amazing this season

another great episode..Betsy telling Karl to take care of her Molly & Lou was quite emotional and what has with the pages she saw in her fathers house?

Karl " I'll sleep on the couch, Sonny called dibs on the floor"...brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Karl " I'll sleep on the couch, Sonny called dibs on the floor"...brilliant.

Ron Swanson's showing up everywhere these days. He was in this week's episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

another great episode..Betsy telling Karl to take care of her Molly & Lou was quite emotional and what has with the pages she saw in her fathers house?

That scene was heartbreaking, that was the first time we seen her let the brave face slip.

I suspect the state of her fathers living room could be connected to the ufo sightings, maybe he is on to something and it just looks like he's going mental.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Terry Kinney is the spit of Liam Brady these days.

Loved the build up to the undertaker's appearance and his two seconds of screen time.

Loved the build up to the undertaker's appearance and his two seconds of screen time

Stick a spoiler on that?

Top notch viewing once again. Loved the last scene, after hearing about possible sightings the timing was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

This really is an outrageously good season of TV. Season 1 was great, really great, to the point where I felt it would be a one-season-wonder type show, but this season for me is so superior it's crazy.
    Lou's line about having only two pairs of shoes as a metaphor for only having what you can handle gave me a full on belly laugh.

This really is an outrageously good season of TV. Season 1 was great, really great, to the point where I felt it would be a one-season-wonder type show, but this season for me is so superior it's crazy.
    Lou's line about having only two pairs of shoes as a metaphor for only having what you can handle gave me a full on belly laugh.

You like it then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Stick a spoiler on that?

No need for spoiler tags here, there is a spoiler alert on the thread title.

Anyway, another good episode, I was thinking too that the pages in Dansons room
    are UFO related ... but we may never find out since it's apart from the main story.

Anyone know if season 3 will be related to this, or a new story ?

No need for spoiler tags here, there is a spoiler alert on the thread title.

Anyway, another good episode, I was thinking too that the pages in Dansons room
    are UFO related ... but we may never find out since it's apart from the main story.

Anyone know if season 3 will be related to this, or a new story ?
    I'm hoping this season is self-contained.

Loved the build up to the undertaker's appearance and his two seconds of screen time.
    " where's this egg plant that shat the bed " , then boom...gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I jumped out of this after 5 minutes of the second episode as I was already confused with the first. I thought I'd maybe give it another go now a few weeks later as maybe a mini binge watch would suit it better.

I was enough of a big fan of the first season to think that it was better than True Detective's first so I'm hoping it got less confusing and better.

Without spoiling anything, is this as good as last year's season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Without spoiling anything, is this as good as last year's season?

It's even better, now get out of this thread or you'll spoil it

Advertisement