Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MASSIVE collection of music mags going for a song

Options
  • 11-06-2015 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Between my brother and myself, we ended up with every issue of Melody Maker from about 1966, then switching to NME from about 1975 until the early 1990s. We've also got most Hot Press (we both wrote for HP) and some Sounds in there. Also lots of The Face mid through late Eighties. Every obsessive weekly issue, the history of the most vital time in music, boxed and taking up too much space in our shed. I've got huge value out of just jumping into it and following the break up of the Beatles as it happened, the birth of punk, the boring mega group years and the prog-rock years, the coming of house music and the spread of EDM. It's a pretty amazing record of an incredible time. If you make an offer - ANY offer - and can get to Dundrum in the next 24 hours with space to cart it away, 30 years of amazing music journalism (when such a thing actually existed) can be yours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Looks like SPAM to me !! :rolleyes:

What you need is www.adverts.ie or www.gumtree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maxplanar

It really isn't, but I'll take note of your recommends. I wasn't even looking to sell, just to offload in case anyone was interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

I'm guessing you may have binned these by now, but if not is there any chance you'd have any issues of Spotlight from 1972 in this collection? Specific question I know, but I'm trying to track down a long lost photograph. Cheers in advance for any reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maxplanar

Danco wrote: »
    I'm guessing you may have binned these by now, but if not is there any chance you'd have any issues of Spotlight from 1972 in this collection? Specific question I know, but I'm trying to track down a long lost photograph. Cheers in advance for any reply.

'Fraid not, no Spotlight's in the collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

maxplanar wrote: »
    'Fraid not, no Spotlight's in the collection!

Ah, that's a shame. But I appreciate the swift response. Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement