Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Irish Paper 2 - Ordinary Level - June 9th***

Options
  • 09-06-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

What did everyone think? The comprehensions were very easy, but it was absolute madness that the exact same Pros came up as last year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Comprehensions were lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sushua

WHY DID THEY PUT THE SAME STORIES AS LAST YEAR!!!! That was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

left irish paper 2 after maybe an hour tops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 simplyno1

Kremin wrote: »
    left irish paper 2 after maybe an hour tops :)

Cant believe they did that with the stories. I just did the comprehensions and poetry and finished after 35 minutes, did quite well in the comprehensions though... just hope they give me a pass or else I won't get my first choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Comprehensions were fine, poetry was fine but of course the SEC threw us off with them stories. I still managed to answer them but poorly, thankfully I am not counting Irish for points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

For the Oisin in Tir na nOg question, was that supposed to be answered as a paragraph with the points in it? So basically just rewrite the story? And how would the marks be divided for that one? Is it five each, because two of those my class never covered.

Frigating wrote: »
    For the Oisin in Tir na nOg question, was that supposed to be answered as a paragraph with the points in it? So basically just rewrite the story? And how would the marks be divided for that one? Is it five each, because two of those my class never covered.

In the mocks we got a question with a similar layout, broken up into 5 parts. In the Mock exam I just wrote out the summary containing those parts in one single paragraph. I got 10/25 instead of 25/25 because I didn't indicate what part belonged to (i) and so on. On my exam the corrector wrote down that if I broke it up I would have gotten full marks or close to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Helpmeout123

Troxck wrote: »
    In the mocks we got a question with a similar layout, broken up into 5 parts. In the Mock exam I just wrote out the summary containing those parts in one single paragraph. I got 10/25 instead of 25/25 because I didn't indicate what part belonged to (i) and so on. On my exam the corrector wrote down that if I broke it up I would have gotten full marks or close to!

Oh nooo..I did just a summary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Frigating wrote: »
    #

I thought it said achoimre though so that would mean a full summary???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I have it in front of me. "Achoimre" is mentioned in the question. Also says "Luaigh na pointí seo san achoimre"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I was joking around with everyone this morning before the exam and I was like jesus
    wouldn't it be hilarious if we got Oisin and Hurlamaboc and then I was like nah sure thye
    wont throw anything too tricky at pass well then again they did it to us on Friday with maths
    ...walked into the exam and couldn't believe my eyes..

Oh nooo..I did just a summary :(

It was a summary yes, but it was supposed to be broken up into five parts not just one massive paragraph. You will not lose many marks. My teacher said I shouldn't have lost those marks but I wanted to be on the safe side...

Knowing my luck I will lose marks for doing it my way, can't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Helpmeout123

I have it in front of me. "Achoimre" is mentioned in the question. Also says "Luaigh na pointí seo san achoimre"

Ohh thank God, phew my heart!
    Troxck wrote: »
    It was a summary yes, but it was supposed to be broken up into five parts not just one massive paragraph. You will not lose many marks. My teacher said I shouldn't have lost those marks but I wanted to be on the safe side...

Knowing my luck I will lose marks for doing it my way, can't win!

Nah I'm sure there's a reason for them putting it that way and not just simply asking for just a summary excluding the whole points business, so I'm sure you'll get a good amount of marks for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Epicfish

Didn't study for irish, only need to pass it. Hurlamaboc and Oisin was the first 2 stories we did and the only stories I remembered any answers to.

Feckin delighted after I made a balls of paper 1.

Advertisement