Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zamano ad pop up when I click on thread in politics café

Options
  • 09-06-2015 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope this is appropriate for here, if not please feel free to move.

I'm posting from an iPhone and when I post on the Sinn Féin thread in politics café I get immediately redirected to a Zamano ad (I'll try and post a screenshot now).

Any idea why this is happening? Is anyone else having the problem?

It now happens when I log onto boards, not just on the thread specified above, it happens with no other website.

Screenshot below.

dzfpmc.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Report this in the dedicated dodgy ad sticky:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855938&page=14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hi,

I hope this is appropriate for here, if not please feel free to move.

I'm posting from an iPhone and when I post on the Sinn Féin thread in politics café I get immediately redirected to a Zamano ad (I'll try and post a screenshot now).

Any idea why this is happening? Is anyone else having the problem?

It now happens when I log onto boards, not just on the thread specified above, it happens with no other website.

Screenshot below.

dzfpmc.jpg

Had this happen with irishmirror.ie this morning also - exact same ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

might help:
    An update on the current situation (13:41 October 16th 2012). I have contacted ComReg about this company Zamano.

If you are receiving unsolicited SMS messages from Zamano (57030) please take the following steps: -

1. Text STOP (all capitol) to 57030.

2. You should receive a reply with the subject – Free Msg – stating ‘You are not subscribed to any services’.

3. Contact Zamano on 076 6801002 (ComReg advise that this is not a premium rate number and that you should only be changed local tariff) and request a refund.

4. They should agree to issue this and take your name and address.

5. They will tell you that the cheque will arrive to you within 5 working days, although ComReg advise that this can take up to 28 days.

6. If you require it you are entitled to a full explanation of how they got your number in the first place and you can either request this on the phone to them or by email tocs@zamano.com – this explanation should be provided with 10 days.

7. Contact ComReg on 01 804 9668 or 1890 229668 (local rates), or email them:consumerline@comreg.ie or SMS them – Send a text with the word COMREG to 51500 (standard SMS rates apply).

8. ComReg will issue you with a case number (usually 6 digits). Keep this number safe to use if you need to contact ComReg again about this or if your refund does not arrive within 28 days or if they have not supplied you with details of how they got your number within 10 days.

from here : http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057119469/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement