Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winclub on mobile

Options
  • 08-06-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

On mobile winclub.ie is replacing pages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

seems to have stopped

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This is not a boards.ie issue.

Thread closed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've re-opened this, as despite the opening post being confusing sparse in details, it appears this was actually referring to pop-ups being pushed by winclub.ie via ads.

If you find anyone engaging in underhanded or dodgy practices like this, report the ads in the dedicated dodgy ads sticky:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855938

Well sorry, I put it in the place I thought was the Helpdesk. They were not popup, board.ie pages were changing to winclub.ie pages on the mobile site, repeatedly without clicking on ads or any other interaction from me, over the course of an hour last night. As I had already emailed boards I put this here so if people, like me , had this problem they could did discuss/look for updates.
    Your response is dismissive, I'll leave you to your problems in future.

For further clarity, I looked at three other websites before contacting you to make sure it was a problem on your side & not mine. I reloaded the pages a number of times to look at the ads, no winclub ads, & tried to see if there was an obvious reason but there was none. I was concerned you might have been hacked hence Helpdesk & not dodgy ads.
    If my op was devoid of detail it was because I had already emailed, and I figured if further details were required I would get a response or a pm. These companies are vultures preying on people's naivety, I thought it was worth highlighting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

Can you please let us know if this is still happening, of if it's stopped?

Thank you.

-Shield.

Yeah, it stopped for me later that evening, about the time I posted above. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement