Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with German-style glasses.

Options
  • 05-06-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere other then the Bull and Castle that serves beer from the German style glasses (Stein / Mass) in the city centre?

I've tried to book a table in the Bull and Castle for Saturday but haven't heard anything back yet so want to get somewhere else just in case.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do they do 1 litre Steins there? Would love to go for one here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Bull and Castle are booked out due to the Champ League final so any other suggestions appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

They used to do them in Solas on Wexford street. That was a few years ago though so I've no idea if they still do them.

There's a bar called Berlin on South William Street. They might do them...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Alfie byrnes should have the 500ml ones if they sell fischers, porterhouse definitely have steins but they're probably in storage at this time of year, same with the woolshed. O'Neils on suffolk st maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

One of the times I was in the foggy dew drinking paulaner I got it in a stein glass(pint size) Fischer's? I will not drink that again,was advertised as 5.6℅(was warned by older, wiser heads to steer clear){I'm used to the heavier beers I might add} 2 pints and I was in a hoop within about 45/mins. WAAAY stronger than advertised. ****in relish though. Beware,take care,that mutha****in Fischer's don't care......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Porterhouse in Temple Bar had them a few years ago. Might still have them.

Advertisement