Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McNally Swords Leisure Tour - Sunday 21st of June

Options
  • 04-06-2015 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Entry now open.

I'm not the organiser so I won't have answers to questions, but ask away and maybe an answer can be found.

http://swordscc.com/swords-leisure-tour-2015/
    Details
    * Price: €20.
    * Licenses: Cycling Ireland/IVCA ONLY.
    ** No one day licences.

* Payment:
    ** Online after submitting the registration form, or…
    ** You can pay on the day for the same price but you must please complete step 1 of the registration process so that the organisers know how many people will take part.

* Sign on: Fingallions Gaa Club in Swords from 8am Sunday 21st of June.
    * Two routes:
    ** Short route: 97km.
    ** Long route: 150km.

* Tea stop: at Tayto Park at 65km for both groups
    * Showers and refreshments at finish at Fingallions
    * Car parking available at Fingallions
    * The event will include motor bike marshals and a sweeper van.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

I did this last year, great event.

I didn't win though. :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

buffalo wrote: »
    I did this last year, great event.

I didn't win though. :(
    Did you not get your bag of Tayto's anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Can I get a one day licence on the day Raam? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

More important than a license I have a pass for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Can I get a one day licence on the day Raam? Thanks in advance.

I was looking at doing this myself but apparently they only take full membership. According to website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

I was looking at doing this myself but apparently they only take full membership. According to website

You need a Cycling Ireland or IVCA membership to take part. €30 for a basic licence (First time) which gives you Insurance cover while training and commuting. You also get discounts at a lot of sportives as you don't have to pay for a 1 day licence on top of the entry fee. Well worth it in my opinion and something everyone should take out at a minimum if they cycle a lot.

From Cycling Ireland's website "A non-competition licence (also know as a leisure licence) covers you while you are out training, on club spins, and while participating in leisure tours. The fee is €30 if you are based in Leinster, Munster or Connaught and is £25 /€30 (New Member) or £33 / €40 (returning member) if you are based in Ulster. Insurance cover and benefits for a non-competition licence are the same as any other licence but it does not cover you to race in competitive events."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Only 4 days to go....everything is in place for what will be another excellent event. Remember, this is a "leisure" event! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Only 4 days to go....everything is in place for what will be another excellent event. Remember, this is a "leisure" event! ;)

Good job we did some "Bottle Training" last night, don't want to lose time at the food stop. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Thanks to Swords cc for organising this today. Very good event with a nice route not to lumpy but quick. Next time I go with fast group I'll know what to expect.
    Blew out the back at Ardcath as I didn't get the refueling quite right. Stopped and had something to eat and caught up with a one of the other stragglers at Garristown.
    Under pressure for time so took the short route home from the Naul.
    Just under 31kmh for 140k and 980m.

Brilliant motor bike Marshall with the fast group all day. Did a great job keeping us moving and safe.

Will be back next year but might give the concert the night before a miss next time.

Advertisement