Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Whispers [2015] [ABC - U.S.] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lily Rabe is very good on AHS, be interesting to see how she fairs here in a lead role

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A really intriguing pilot that has me hooked for now which is what a good pilot should do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I enjoyed the pilot episode, but from past experiences of pilot episodes I can tell that it has the potential to lose me, if it tries to incorporate too many crazy storylines. e.g. incorporating both ghosts AND aliens into a show, as I fear this show may be about to try doing. That'll be it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

really enjoyed the pilot, from the cast acting to the mystery of Drill ; quite impressed with Lily Rabe in contrast to her roles in AHS, gave up on AHS after the witches' season
    The president didn't approve Wes further investigation - a military or political motive, how involve is the government toward the mystery ?

Drill could be one of the escape alien from captured experiment if not how can it travels without spaceship since no mentioning ? If Drill still remain captive, this could be an experiment or it is trying to connect to ....

If Drill a supernatural, then it is likely to be a demon not ghost who can possess such high energy to utilize electricity to create havoc not child play
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Just watched the pilot and enjoyed it a lot. Although I get nervous whenever I see Milo Ventimiglia in what looks like it could be a good sci-fi, it gives me "Heroes" flashbacks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

DareGod wrote: »
    I enjoyed the pilot episode, but from past experiences of pilot episodes I can tell that it has the potential to lose me, if it tries to incorporate too many crazy storylines. e.g. incorporating both ghosts AND aliens into a show, as I fear this show may be about to try doing. That'll be it for me.

Yeah, if it has too many spinning plates it could fall apart. I enjoyed the pilot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As good as the pilot was I'm not sure about episode 2 I did enjoy it but something didn't click with it.

As good as the pilot was I'm not sure about episode 2 I did enjoy it but something didn't click with it.
    Kind of feel the same. It was solid but just slightly off or something.

I'll still be eager to see more episodes, watching week by week is a novelty these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Childhood innocence - check
    Empathetic doctor - check
    FBI lead with issues - check
    Hiding stuff from your partner - check
    Interpersonal conflict - check
    Intelligence agencies - check
    National security, screw the rules! - check
    Vague mystery - check

I'll watch some more, mind.

• Advertisement

Episode 3 will be the decider for me, I think.

Having now seen the first three episodes, it is with great sorrow and disappointment that I announce...... that this show is awful.

The characters are two-dimensional and the storyline is wildly uninteresting. I will not be watching any more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

I found it more compelling if anything after episode 3. I'm gonna stick with it for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I loved the pilot but it's just got silly very very quickly.. I'll persist for a while but I'm not hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I like it, but much like Intruders last year, I think the spiralling mystery could be the end of it. You need some clue as to where it's all heading.

The story has got stupid, very quickly too. Th psychologist on the bike, riding along at 2 miles an hour and he swerves into the street instead of just, I don't know, stopping. It couldn't have been that hard. The FBI one hiding her husband's identity from everyone else; why has she not been suspended already for this? Why has no one noticed that the 5 year old deaf kid can hear? No 5 year old is that good at keeping a secret.

Anyway, going to stick with it for one or two more, but my cancellation bone is tingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best episode out of the 4. The mystery level just went through the roof. I want to keep watching to see what happens next.

What did everyone else think of episode 4? I haven't watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Mr E wrote: »
    Best episode out of the 4. The mystery level just went through the roof. I want to keep watching to see what happens next.
    Not sure yet....
    It doesn't make sense yet.
    Why bring the kid to the plant? Are the aliens harvesting nuclear energy? And how did Clare suddenly know how to get down to where her son was when 5 minutes before she was lost.

Decent episode with 1.04. Nuclear plant stuff was entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Im liking it so far........ I don't know how their going to continue up the mystery with her husband back in custody so soon. Will continue watching as long as it does not deviate to LOST - like loose ends

• Advertisement

Another good one last night. More answers, but more questions. They're keeping it moving forward anyway!

My theory is that
    aliens crashed into Sean's jet over Africa, and they are using the kids as a means of getting home

Bit of a Close Encounters vibe going on.

I'm finding it a little hammy or something but I'll probably give it a few more episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Well it just went from silly to completely ridiculous

Christ, that was stupid.

That script was so wooden you could make a table out of it. I don't know how the actors got the words out and managed to keep a straight face.

Back on track, that was a very strong episode. Some great story progression, some clever writing and another couple of creepy kids (the masks were a great touch). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Latest episode was brilliant. Really tense and a great ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

gazzer wrote: »
    Latest episode was brilliant. Really tense and a great ending.
    Looks like season 2 might involve
    battling a full on invasion

• Advertisement

Very good finale. Major cliffhanger too, so I hope this gets a second season.

"From all over the States, Europe and as far away as AFRICA."

Aussies and Asians better watch out for season 2, so...

Advertisement