Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted bike theft !!

Options
  • 16-04-2015 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey lads,

Just a heads up for anyone around the D12 area. I had some dodgy lads scoping out our garage this morning at 3 am.

They were startled by the flood lights going off and didn't get anything.

Just keep those bikes well locked up and secure ;)

I'll post the video footage soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

2 Others done on the street last night, little c*nts !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

FFS, bait bike & Lump hammer FTW

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    FFS, bait bike & Lump hammer FTW

Any volunteers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭goodlad

El linko no worko

goodlad wrote: »
    El linko no worko

El linko es correcto :P

• Advertisement

Looks like he hasnt a ****in clue.....cant even walk up the garden like a pro without ballet dancing ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

B*stards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Front fence needs to be better, higher and more unclimbable.
    Failing that a good coating of anticlimb paint on the top will make them more visible when they are covered in it.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Failing that a good coating of anticlimb paint on the top will make them more visible when they are covered in it.

The garden is surrounded by hedging and the front gate wouldn't really take something like that and could easily just be opened.

KTR1C wrote: »
    The garden is surrounded by hedging and the front gate wouldn't really take something like that and could easily just be opened.
    Little finials on the top would make it a lot more difficult to step over without losing part of your ballbag, and a squeaky bolt is a great deterrent on a gate.
    You could also think about another cam down lower so you get some chance of a face being shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Alarm on the garage door? They are definitely new to it, I've seen CCTV of seasoned lads. They stroll up and do it calm as day.

Alarm on the garage door? They are definitely new to it, I've seen CCTV of seasoned lads. They stroll up and do it calm as day.

I wont give away my alarm set up online but lets just say that they're not getting anything from my garage without a lot of noise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭prunudo

Do you reckon they were after the bike or just whatever they could get they're hands on.
    As Cjhaughey says maybe get some decorative spikes welded to the top of the gate.

KTR1C wrote: »
    I wont give away my alarm set up online but lets just say that they're not getting anything from my garage without a lot of noise ;)

How long it take to string 50 bean cans together KT?

;)

I spoke to a detective this evening and seemingly theres a gang targetting bikes in the area. They already took a new Fireblade recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Little scumb*gs, +1 on the anti-climb paint idea!

Our back and side wall is layered in it and keeps everyone away from the back.. Alarm on the shed is also employed by myself on my own garage with the bikes in it! Is the link to the video still up? Can't seem to see it at all in any of the posts?
    Could be just my computinator...

Keep the bikes locked up lads, coming into the summer they'll be out in force robbing anything they can get their hands on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That paint is class looking stuff. I might paint my bike in it :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    That paint is class looking stuff. I might paint my bike in it :pac:
    Yep, stops people climbing on or putting their kids on it.
    Benefits of a ratbike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yep, stops people climbing on or putting their kids on it.
    Benefits of a ratbike.

Dunno, one of the lads parks his ratbike outside the Gypsy Rose and it gets more attention than all the other bikes parked there!.

I'm slightly jealous too :o

Advertisement