Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MKX & GG xrd tournament| Saturday,18th April

Options
  • 10-04-2015 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

In Celebration of MKX's release, we're hosting its inaugural tournament in the beautiful Xtreame Gaming Cafe venue.

Directions here:

And Guilty Gear Xrd too cause Anime.

When: Saturday 18th April
    Where: XGC Gaming Center, Dublin

Games:
    Mortal Kombat X
    Guilty Gear Xrd

systems
    MkX:ps4
    GGxrd ps3

Start Time: 2:00pm
    Fees: e5 venue fee e5 each tournament

Stream link:
    (will update)

Prizes:
    Pot per game will be distributed 60/30/10

Format:
    Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

RULES:
    1. All characters are selectable.

2. winner is Character and variation locked

3. double random for stage selection

4. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

5. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

6. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

7. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

8. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

9. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

10. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

11. Not doing Fatality in MKX GF is an instant Disqualification

12. No white track suits please.

Hope to see all of you there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Is MK X gonna be on PS4 or Xbone?

Either way, there's probably gonna be a shortage of pads and sticks for either console (such as myself), as not everyone has next gen as of yet. Think others should bring some spares?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Macal wrote: »
    Is MK X gonna be on PS4 or Xbone?

Either way, there's probably gonna be a shortage of pads and sticks for either console (such as myself), as not everyone has next gen as of yet. Think others should bring some spares?

updated systems there

MKX will have 2 set ups with 4 ps4 pads

I urge GG xrd players to bring their controllers, Next gen will be looked after by us, dont expect a ps4 stick though this aint sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I should be there.

Reminder for everyone to mark your stuff so you can identify it. Makes things more simple for everyone.

Nutrient wrote: »
    this aint sandyford.

Love this.

Sounds like the title of a song from an Irish rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Might be tempted to come down for Xrd and some bant.

Likely to be worth travelling for GG? Not as hungry to see it played as I once was, it's pretty much a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »

Next gen will be looked after by us, dont expect a ps4 stick though this aint sandyford.

dont forget ps3 sticks will work on ps4 MKX also :)

two more rules things as well we should mention for MKX:
    winner is Character and variation locked
    double random for stage selection

with MK coming back it be great to see some new faces, and old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Might try and make this, haven't touched MK since UMK3 when I was a kid, so I will suck. But MKX looks great and this looks like mad fun

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

I'll be there for Xrd all day

Heads up people

This isn't essential but for estimates for Saturday I'd really appreciate people taking the time to enter on Challonge

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8WWYW7J8Zl MKX sign ups

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/qCI4xR3bfp GG Xrd sign ups

Note: you will still have to sign up on the day, all sign ups will be pushed to Challonge on the day so you may view the brackets if you've a mobile device with internet access

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I can take my PS4 with GG/MKX if you guys need another setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

If there's any need, I can bring my TE stick modded with ps360+. It works on ps4, but has to be soft reset every 8 minutes (easier to just do it before the game).

Soft reset: SELECT + 3K (HK) - it will disconnect and reconnect in ~2 seconds. Just press Home to continue again.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I'd be up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Sickened i will not be able to make it up. Hopefully there is some good matches played.

Be sure to enter before 2pm guys, if you make it on time be sure to notify someone at the event via msg/call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

I didn't think I could show until just a few minutes ago. I'll look up some of Reptile bnb's so I'll be able to do better than my performance at last casuals. See you all there!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be in, get ready to get rekt.

Estimating around 16-20 for MKX

GG xrd 8-10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I am useless at mkx so far but I will in for the craic as I like the game. Never played in any tournaments before and judging by the beatings I got from 1man3letters and IrishMantis online I won't last long.

I am useless at mkx so far but I will in for the craic as I like the game. Never played in any tournaments before and judging by the beatings I got from 1man3letters and IrishMantis online I won't last long.

Same here. I don't even have the game at home yet and am still entering.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To be fair they're two of the best in the country :)

It's more about hanging with the community and playing casuals anyway. Tournaments aren't about winning and losing*

* obviously this is only true if you're not a winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hooch27

Nice one, going to try to get into this around Ireland, hopefully there's a few around cork too, have a good one lads

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

For any new comers to the xgc the tournament is upstairs just walk past all the PCs to the stairs in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Anyone plugging this on TYM?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    For any new comers to the xgc the tournament is upstairs just walk past all the PCs to the stairs in the back.

Also newcomers, there's renovations going on downstairs so the place looks like a bomb hit it. Stairs at the back are still accessible though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

What time does this start at again? I just woke up

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Can someone sign me up? Ill be there just after 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What time is MK on at, lads? I want to watch the steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Sorry, couldn't make it in. See you's on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Who won?

Had to leg it for the last train. I enjoyed my first tourney and it was great to meet you all.

Thanks to the lads for organising it.

Advertisement