Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do EMC Drug Test?

Options
  • 02-04-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys sorry for the throw away account. I have gotten a job offer from EMC and I have been told a medical is coming but have been given zero details. I smoke sporadically with my boyfriend and I was completely unaware of the length of time it stays in your system until a friend alerted me yesterday. Judging from my research online, I wouldn't pass a test if one was given. I can see from many forums (including this one) that Apple drug test but haven't seen anything about EMC, does anyone have experience of their hiring process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

I worked for them a few years ago but didn't have to do a medical might have been introduced after I left. I'd say start drink the green tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Depends on the type of test you're given. If it's blood or urine, then you're probably OK. If it's a hair follicle test? Different story. A hair follicle test can detect drug usage up to a year.

When was the last time you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Im not sure about emc doing drug tests.But i done loads of research on the topic last year...for a friend.

Unless the medical is almost 4 months away detoxing isnt a solution.Most of these drug tests are very advanced these days and will detect the slightest trace of cannabis in your system.And cannabis is notoriously slow at leaving you.

Here are your options for a urine test:

1.Drink buckets of water for the days and hours leading to the test so your urine will be too diluted to trace.Most places will tell you come back the following day if they cant get a reading.But there are loads of tips online about how to make your urine seem natural even with a flooded bladder.It involves taking creatine and B12 tablets.This apparently builds up the natural protien that should be in
    urine and the b12 gives it a yellow colour to make it look natural to the testers eyes.You will find a more detailed explaination online

2.You can buy kits for making synthetic urine but id imagine these are easily detected by people with the know how (the people who issue these tests).Im not sure.

3.The best method is to get some clean urine from a friend.Its important to keep it at body temperature as there is a thermostrip on the sample cup.I hear the best thing is to get a thin sample bottle, fill it with the clean sample as late as possible before going for the test and put it somewhere (use your imagination...between the ass cheeks i hear is best) that will keep it at body temperature.Thats a pretty fool proof method i think.Unless the bottle breaks when your sitting in the waiting room ;)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Recently started with them. They do a urine test anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 throwaway111

Bacchus wrote: »
    Recently started with them. They do a urine test anyway.

Did they specify for drugs? I'm pretty sure legally, that they need to tell you if they are drug testing you.

Thank you so much for the write up other fella. I heard about the B12, creatine and drinking lots of water, I will use that if I do end up getting tested.

ABC I have researched and I know I will fail a urine test if I am given one never mind hair follicles!

And thank you Brevity for giving me a small bit of hope.

• Advertisement

You sign a consent form to test for drugs just before the test is issued.But id definitely go with someone elses clean urine if you can.The b12 and water method is probably well known to testers and you would need to be fairly accurate with your measurements of everything

You sign a consent form to test for drugs just before the test is issued.But id definitely go with someone elses clean urine if you can.The b12 and water method is probably well known to testers and you would need to be fairly accurate with your measurements of everything

I'm worried about bringing it in and keeping it warm.

Ya, I read that in Ireland they need to tell you if they are testing you for drugs by law. I'm really hoping someone can tell me if EMC made them aware that they were drug testing them?

Yes by law they have to and will tell you, but they will do it just seconds before the test.You sign a consent form and thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

When was the last time you used, OP?

When was the last time you used, OP?

Saturday, my boyfriend smokes a lot more than me and I'll have a drag or two on the weekends if I'm around him. I can take it or leave it, it was just a social thing for me since him and his friends were doing it. It's no excuse and I know I an idiot considering I was doing interviews but I stupidly assumed that it stayed would stay in your system for a much shorter period and I had never even heard of a company in Ireland drug testing before.

Again thanks for all of the responses and for being so helpful and positive. If anyone has gone through the hiring process for EMC, I'd love to hear direct feedback on whether they test or not so I could know one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

op have a read of the link below, by the sounds of it you'll be grand.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html#utime

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

I had to do it 4 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Yes, they do.

A friend of mine just finished a temporary contract with them, and he had to under go a drug test with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Yes they drug test, had a friend who failed it as he smokes hash quite a bit.

Thank you Keith and MrFrisp for the definitive answers

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Do any of ye think that the testers in EMC might read this thred by any chance ?

Seeing as they're just doing their job and this thred will come up in any quick search.

Entertaining thred all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

clerk wrote: »
    Do any of ye think that the testers in EMC might read this thred by any chance ?

Seeing as they're just doing their job and this thred will come up in any quick search.

Entertaining thred all the same.

The medicals are carried out by a third party not by EMC directly. EMC are constantly hiring people as well so it would be pretty difficult to narrow down who the OP is if they did read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

yup they test and you sign in before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I wouldn't worry about it. I know one guy working there who was hired not too long ago. He smokes semi-regularly and passed the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bee06 wrote: »
    The medicals are carried out by a third party not by EMC directly. EMC are constantly hiring people as well so it would be pretty difficult to narrow down who the OP is if they did read the thread.

Ours was done by a GP down next to the White Horse.

He also did that ball grab and cough test....

Although he might have just liked me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Boards in no way condones the use of drugs nor does it entertain threads to enter into discussion about their use or ways to avoid testing.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement