Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your FREE IFAS eclipse shades - but be quick!

Options
  • 16-03-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

This is a rare offer, and in the interest of promoting safe viewing of Friday's eclipse (or any other aspect of the Sun), you can get a free eclipse viewer from the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies by following this link:

http://www.irishastronomy.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=11&id=100445&Itemid=211

All it will cost you is a stamped addressed envelope. As Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day, time is limited. If you want one for Friday MORNING you will need to make sure your order is received on Wednesday, to go out that day for you to be received in Thursday's post.

IFAS-eclipse-solar-shades.jpg

To be charged €10 is a rip off, by the way... ;)

Thanks,

Seanie Morris,
    IFAS Chairperson.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Nice one Seanie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭queenm79

S.A.E on it's way to you. Thank you very much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Here is a fraction of what I received on behalf of IFAS to claim a free solar viewer. Thanks to you all for taking part!

My one last request to those of you who got one (after you share and enjoy them) is to post a selfie with them and share or tag the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies on Facebook - it encourages more people to take note of solar astronomy safety, and boosts the IFAS profile too.

https://www.facebook.com/irishastronomy

Thanks a mil,

Seanie Morris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Received the shades this morning, thanks very much. All down to the weather now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I received mine aswell. Thanks a mil. Going to go down to the seafront in the morning and let as many people as possible look through them too. Now fingers crossed for the weather to be decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Thanks for the shades Seanie, much appreciated. Turns out the Irish weather was actually an advantage for a change, acting as a good solar filter. Shades were handy when the occasional bright gap came along.

Advertisement