Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charton motor company dublin

Options
  • 06-03-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey was just wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with these guys , can't seem to find much on the web about them bar their website, help would b appreciated! charton motor company

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lfc13

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No idea about them but they seem to be located in the area commonly known as the Bermuda Triangle of Used Car dealers where garages come and go in the night and appear under different names the next day.

Solocheck suggests they are in business for 8 months:
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Business/Charton-Motor-Company-520735

Make what you want of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Anyone had any dealings with them? Good/bad ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Charton maybe?

Where are they

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Charton maybe?

Where are they

Apologies, your are correct, Charton motor company.

• Advertisement

They're only I business since last year, and are in an area known for car business opening, closing, changing name, reopening, being taken to court, closing, reopening etc.

They may well be a fantastic garage, but go in with your eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Turnpike Road, that says it all really.
    The 'Ballymount Triangle' is known as the area from ballymount to the Longmile Road to the Naas Road, just the far side of the Red Cow. It got its name from the abundance of garages that would open up only to disappear some months later. Interestingly the stock of cars seemed to be disbursed among the other garages in the locale when they closed. Interestingly there always seemed to be another garage just waiting to set up when one closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

interested in a car thy're selling,

anyone any dealings with them .. good or bad,

pm me if you wish,

Thanks!

Charton or Charlton?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

just checked it's Charton, sorry can't edit heading

• Advertisement

Ive merged a few threads on this garage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Anyone care to share some experiences with this company?

I'm looking at purchasing a car here and would appreciate any opinions from previous customers or anyone else with relevant information.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pabouchard

I am having issue with them around something as simple as getting the car logbook 6 weeks after purchasing a car with them (for a 307 SW)

I have to call pretty much everyday for 2 weeks now and still I can not get anyone that really care or that seems to want to fix the issue. So I am driving with no logbook and no tax on the car which makes me very nervous.

I think they are an ok seller (car only had faulty boot struts, so easy enough to fix) ..

But once they have the money, they don't really bother anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pabouchard

The day after my post, the guys finally provided with the actual details of the issue (they could not get the logbook so they had to ask for a duplicate).

Couple of days later, I have the logbook and can enjoy giving more motor tax to the tax man.

So problem sorted.

On the upside, I had a conversation with my mechanic (a guy I trust) who said that they are a reliable car dealer so I guess I have just been the unlucky whining customer ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chennery2000

Having the same problem with logbook here. Fed up asking so I may go to the solicitor Monday morning. Can only ask so many times

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chances are they never got the log book from the previous owner and are hoping you get fed up and go sort it out yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

A trip over the M50 has been also known to speed up that process ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Sorry to drag up an old thread but am thinking of buying a car here at the weekend? Any more reports on them good or bad? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement